Real Madrid vs Malaga (La Liga Week #10) [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Nov 5, 2004.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ronaldo is a class above Morientes, when he's fit he should really play ahead of him, the magic can come at any time. Although there have been a few times this season when I really felt Morientes should have got a start or at least come on for him with more time left in the game.

2. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try looking in one of the two 'Sticky' threads at the top of this forum for some links to sites that will definitely have clips.

3. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True, very true.

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Morientes was the one who gave the assist to Owen in the Copa game, he's no slouch puppy when it comes to creating chances for others. Not just based only on this assist of course, but this was one of the few games this year where he actually got to play more than ten minutes.

Wether he can create chances for himself (or score) the same as Ronaldo currently does, can only be determined if he actually gets a chance to play.

5. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This too is very true.

I like all three (excluding Raul from the rotation) of Ronaldo, Owen, and Morientes. I'd like to see Morientes get more minutes in matches that matter, but I also realize that it's equally unwise to mess with the winning ways this team is currently enjoying. If Moro does well in Tenerife, perhaps he gets more time in the other competitions... or not.

But I'm big-uppin' Michael Owen as I certainly didn't expect so much so soon.

6. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Owen is a-rude and a-reckless...

No, seriously. I know I was saying at the beginning of the year that we didn't need him, but thus far he's saved our asses, been our most effective goalscorer, and proved me utterly wrong.

7. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Me too. I never liked this Zizou-on-the-wing crap, and I'm much more comfortable with Raul there and Zidane in the center. I'd rather rotate Owen/Ronaldo/Morientes up front and play Raul on the left.

8. elmadridesta

elmadridesta New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    qatar
    --------------------------------D.lopez---------------------------------------raul bravo--------samuel-----------pavones-------------r carlos/aberloa
    -----------------------------guti--------zidane----------------------------------David.b------------------------------------------------solari--------------------------------raul/ javi garcia------------------------------------------------------------------------------owen

9. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I am a troll.

10. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Not that your comment really dignifies a response, but one (of many) reasons Raul plays is that he is the all-time CL leading scorer. You might want to reconsider who you call "shyte," especially when you look at Raul's European record (goals, assists, Cls won, CL finals, CL semi-finals, CL appearances, etc.) compared to all of Arsenal's...

11. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    My opinion is based on current form, all-time records mean nothing now.

He's doing nothing to justify his starting place at all.