Real Madrid vs Levante - 28 Nov [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not writing a suggested line-up, because GR hasn't been shocked in to trying a new line-up. Still RM is playing at home. We should at least tie. I wonder which Walter Samuel will show up? The "Wall" of Roma? Or the guy that has the agility of a wall?

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It would be easy to underestimate Levante, but if they should win this game, they would be tied in points with Madrid, so that says enough how they're doing so far this season.

Then again they've lost their last 2 games, so hopefully their 'expected' downward-trend has already started going into this match. :D

Then again #2 if we play like against Barça and the first half against Leverkusen, even a 'downward-trend' Levante would be able to beat us at home. :(

3. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    We have to watch out (Manchev). His goals tally so far equals Ronaldo's, Torres's and Di Vaio's!
    They've won 2 of thier 6 away games, and conceded 10 golas out of thier home soil.
    These guys seem to be the surprise package so far in La Liga.

Can't find better word to describe Garcia Ramon than to be "so expected". Is it just me? or did he already prove to be no creative at all. Meaby its all about the authority he got, but am sure this has nothing to do with Solari gettin' in in last seconds of the game!

Zidane is out injured, and he said he will start OWen. Good to see Owen gets such a chance but not with same mistakes you keep making. Either bench Raul or Owen and sub one of em' for the other. I'd pick Raul to start and keep Owen on bench but get him in as soon when Ronie or Raul seems to be having a bad match.

---------Casillas
    ----- Mejia ---- Samuel-------
    Salgado -------------- R.Carlos
    -------- Helguera -------------
    ----------------- Guti --------
    Figo -------- Raul ------ Solari
    -------- Ronie ----------------

Soorry guys, but am strongly against the idea of benching Samuel. Yes he made schoolboy mistakes that noone expected from him, but he is still to settle in. He came in a taugh time for the team, and all eyes on him expecting he will completly end the def prps we got! Our Midfield isn't working correctly and efficintly. Its not just about Samuel, The deffence starts from the Offence and the offence starts from the deffence, and guess what? we seem to have some strugglin' time on both sides!

As long as Becks playing out of position, he can ONLY provide some running in midfield. I'd love to see some competition on the right flank in our team.

Anyway, I think for this formation I drew. We can gain some advantages.
    - Solari to start.
    - Raul to play on his original pos.
    - Mejia could get some playing time.
    - Samuel to be benched is no help at the moment.

For God's sake, Ronie work ur a$$ bit harder.

4. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    And one thing. Remebering Solari at last Copa Del Reymatch, Owen's on fire form and El Moro and what he added to the team agaisnt BL. Just can't understant why GR isn't brave or smart or ready (whateva u say) enough to to some changes!

Meh, we even have to look for THE CANTERA!!!!!!!!

Man if things go well in matches and we have a good result, we should ginve our boys some playing time! They are doing just great in SEGUNDA DIVISIÓN B. They are at the top with 30 points and with 22 goals scored and 7 conceded! Don't wanna go so far with this, but if things go well during games Alex Perez should get some 10-15 minutes! Javi Garcia also, Juan Fran!

Man, I'm dreaming too much! Big boys such as Solari, Moro and Owen ain't having enough chances, and im talking bouth Cantera!

No dreams, only Pesadilla!!

PS: Oscar, I watched PSV-Arsenal game. Have to say Van Bommel was outstanding. Just fantastic. Is he always like that? I've only seen him in like 2 or meaby three ocassions, but this one proved to be the best. I sued to considre his age as an obstacle, but not any more.

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That was one of his best games, he only really started to get back to this form this season. He was pretty 'normal' most of last year, and even this season can go from playing like this, to how he played the champion's league game against I think Rosenborg (or it was an Oranje game, it wasn't that long before the Arsenal game) where he lost practically every ball he got. He has played more better games this season so far, than bad games though.

He also seems to have lost most of his not-smart-fouls-making ways which got him booked and off the field in the past. That's a plus. He's much better at professional fouls now. That or the refs just don't bother anymore. :D

The Dutch media seems to be convinced he would fit right in a real top club, but I'm not just yet. I still believe he would make a better back-up than actual starter at Madrid. But I guess we'll see, if the reports about him being signed keep on coming.

6. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    If MGR doesnt drop Samuel now, he never will. He has made the most shocking errors I have seen at this level, which have led to goals. Also his distrubution of the ball is terrible. I think Helguera should be playing as the DM but that would be with a good defence behind him. Helguera is the best centre back available at the moment for Madrid.

I have seen reports saying Beckham will be playing on the right with Figo out on the left. If Zidane is out, the centre midfield could be Celades & Guti. But being the home team they might play Owen

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Maybe GR has been reading the tinkering thread?

A link to an article in Marca discussing GR's lineup during practice, which presumably points to the changes discussed in the above post. Didn't he say would be starting Owen this week? Looks like the lineup could be:

Casillas
    Salgado Helguera Samuel R. Carlos
    Beckham Celades Guti Figo
    Ronaldo/Owen Raul/Owen​

Glad to see GR moving Beckham out to the right and shaking up the forward line a bit.

8. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news, but I won't completely believe it until I see it. GR should also replace Samuel with Mejia. And I would try Raul Bravo as the def mid & let Guti play as the attacking mid. I am still happy to see the learning curve. And Marca may be only patially right. It wouldn't surprise me if Raul plays attacking mid behind Owen & Ronaldo. Now that I think of it, that would be a really good line-up to try.

9. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

No offence, but I hardly call this a shake up! Am I missing something here? I have shaken my Sault shaker harder than this!
    Are we waiting till Samuel gets in shape and start to actually score against us!!? Because he sure is close, he is already creating the Goals!!
    And what are we waiting for Beckam to do; he is already doing nothing and hasn’t done anything all season! I think if he moonwalks on the field he would be doing more than he ever did.
    Please help me out here, I don’t understand the logic.

10. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    well, i was specifically referring to the possibility that either Raul or Ronaldo might not get the start when I said GR looks like he might be shaking things up a bit - wasn't talking about the backline. Actually I'd like to see Morientes in there if he's going to put Beckham on the right to try to take advantage of crosses into the box (I wouldn't mind seeing Owen and Morientes starting) , but I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see who actually plays.

11. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Ohh I see, My bad then.
    I dont think will ever see El Moro start....its a sad fact.

12. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    hmmm... Figo and Guti are both going to miss the next game with suspension if they get a yellow against Levante... Interesting, as AS is saying that there might be a lot of players rested against Villareal next week before the game against Roma, I wonder if they'll try to 'pull a Beckham' and pick up the card to clean their plate. If they do, I'm sure they'll know not to boast about it. :rolleyes:

14. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    minuscapita, you are always our most optimistic, so stay in character! Moving Beckham to the right is an earthquake in Real Madrid terms. Am I the only one that sees the upside? And if Samuel screws up in 4 more games, then he might be benched. These things must be done delicately as the Wicked Witch of the West said. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Owen start & that that will mean more changes. For Morientes, he must score with his opportunities if he ever hopes to start.

15. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    man u won the CL by playing becks in RM, that is why he should be played there, and if this happens then it is a major positive for real!
    id go with:
    Casillas
    Salgado Helguera Mejia Carlos
    Guti
    Becks ............... Figo
    Raul
    Owen Moro ​

this is unlikely/never going to happen :( , but it is what id like

prob what will happen is the team above but samuel in for mejia, ronnie in for moro

16. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

Thats what i would like too man.

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lineup:

casillas
    salgado, helguera, samuel, rc
    becks, celades, guti, figo
    ronnie, raul

27' still 0-0

somewhat even of a match. sergio garcia is looking pretty good.

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    figo with an in swinging cross from the right just misses raul and ronnie.

19. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rc with a 30m or so fk and nothing comes of it.

39 0-0

20. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    someone from levante fouls guti to earn a yellow

21. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ronaldo scores.

22. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    1-0 big ron

23. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    gd match report astabooty :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to astabooty again.

24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    halftime
    1-0 Real

25. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the teams are coming back onto the field.