Real Madrid vs Juventus | UCL Semi Finals, 2nd Leg| 13.05.15| 20.45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raul_elmatador, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Meh, enjoy it while it lasts. Barca were lucky to get two of the world's best players in a short time span, It was a stroke of dumb luck which I don't see happening again for a long time, and if you actually think Neymar is as good as these guys you are delusional. Once Messi is done which shouldn't be long now, Barca will go back to being a punching bag again.

MerlinRM, S1na, babai_here and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Why is there a guy that supports Benefica on this forum criticizing RM? How long has it been since Benefica has even been relevant? Maybe you should go hang out on the Nottingham Forest board, you'll make a lot of friends there.

3. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Been reading a lot on here. I won't jump to any conclusions, but isn't it the same old story? We need 25 shots to score a goal in these big matches and the opposing team needs 5.

Buy a finisher. Give Van Nistelrooy robot leg implants. I don't know. Something along those lines. Just get me a finisher.

RMSocrates, S1na, babai_here and 2 others repped this.
  4. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Getting a striker isn't going to solve the issue. There are three strikers better than Benzema right now: Suarez, Ibrahimovic and Aguero, and I don't think Madrid can get any one of them.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1005 Digital, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    All opinion and not fact, fact is these players who are so much better, did not contribute enough to the team to win us trophies, whilst the supposed rubbish guys did just that and more than once already, no mysteries there, so, at this moment we didn't win anything with these changes, it's just a personal idea, no facts here.

MerlinRM repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree, yet we have the best finisher in the game ever on our team already, what could be the problem, maybe we need an identity as a team to make that work to our advantage, a collective effort rather than just relying on one guy to pull us out of the fire when things are tight, that just doesn't work against good teams, teams win trophies more so than individual brilliance

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree with a lot of this

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1008 robnycus, May 14, 2015
    ^ Yep, very well said - If player individuality counted so much towards team success, Barca and Real Madrid should have always been facing each other in the CL final since 2010 since they have the two best players in the world.
    The only team during this span of time who has reached the CL final more than once is Bayern (3 times) and now Barca, and they don't have a superstar like Messi or Ronaldo on their squad nor a striker who scores 30 + goals per season

S1na and Digital repped this.
  9. Sagaji10

Sagaji10 Member

Mar 8, 2005
    USA
    Ronaldo--Benzema--Bale
    Isco--Kroos--James
    Defense
    This shit just doesn't work for a full 90 minutes. Isco, Kroos, and James are on the verge of collapsing by half time. This was evident today, the game against Barcelona, and any other relevant team we played this season. If we insist on playing with the BBC next season week in week out, I don't have much hope. And this has nothing to do with Ancelotti. In all his years of coaching, I have never seen Ancelotti lineup with such an aggressive and naive formation full of attacking players. This shit is all on Perez.

ABB94 and white_raid repped this.
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1010 MerlinRM, May 14, 2015
    Good comment. The bolded is my issue with this club, board, and manager. We buy players not for needs on the field but mostly off. No real planning or strategizing how to get the best of everyone but trying to plug square blocks into circle holes and hoping for a moment of brilliance. And I'm not talking abut Bale only but dating back to galacticos 1.0.

Digital repped this.
  11. Marnello

Marnello New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Proud of our lads, they tried their best but it wasn't destined to be.

I can’t understand Ancelotti’s tactics!! Why using just one sub in a game like this? Why not go all out after they scored?

Same thing in the first game, waited till we were down 2-1 while he could have had locked it earlier.

12. Sagaji10

Sagaji10 Member

Mar 8, 2005
    USA
    Also via COPE:

Florentino has been the president of this club for 12 seasons. He has spent more many than any other club with only 7 titles of a possible 36 (League, Cup, CL).

LOL, what a joke.

Kroosinator repped this.
  13. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo and bale lose the ball all the time , does that also not make them balon dor candidates ? I don't have the stats but I'm sure Ronaldo loses the ball the most and he's won 3 balon dors .

14. Teh360Geek

Teh360Geek Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should've gone all out in the last 10-15 minutes at least. There was nothing to lose then, we needed a goal at all costs.

15. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    of course at the end of the day it's manager fault, heis responsible for the team, but.. lack of killer instinct is frustrating.. terrible. Yesterday, vs Valencia also, so many chances! i remember also matches vs Barca, Villarreal, so many .. and more or less BBC were terrible in front of goals. Of course James, Isco or defender can score sometimes, but lack of goals from trio up front cost us many valuable points, especially in those big matches.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The difference being that Pogba is supposed to be a player that gets you the ball back and/or keep it in the team, and players like Ronaldo and Bale have to do offensive actions which can very well lead to losing the ball.

He just came back from injury, so he has an excuse.

meringues repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo isn't that smart. Since we were crossing the ball to death he was probably praying for another ala Ramos UCL header miracle. I wonder why he didn't push him forward at least.

Kroosinator repped this.
  18. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Just compare this intervention of Sturaro:

with this of Kroos:

We looked gassed and run to the ground. Presumably injuries played the biggest part in this, and the absence of two solid bench options for midfield. These fitness details count at this level. I don't have statistics at the end, but at half-time Juventus covered 3 kilometers more. At the end of the match, that would almost be a player less for us.

19. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Without Benzema, unfortunately, we don't have a playmaker in the front three, so there's a reason why we crossed the ball so much. Look at the first half how infinitely better Ronaldo and Bale looked. He overloaded the flanks, his fast flicks kept Juventus defence on the brink, yet all those crosses in the second half were dealt with easily.

Jagbir repped this.
  20. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was it a "disaster"? It went sour at the end but it was far from a disaster.

Our last La Liga title was under him we haven't one won since and we are talking years now.

21. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    And he managed to strengthen the team well without spending exhorbitant amounts of money. He planted the seeds for us competing for every trophy.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He signed 16 players and about 4 of those were a compelte success. Varane, Özil, Modric, Di Maria. Some of the players he signed were a waste of squad space.

S1na and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  23. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Totally.

I was surprised he took off Benz when we needed him the most. Chicho should've came on for Isco, with Benz and James play alongside and Kroos in the heart of our Midfield. If anything, James for Coentrao and stick Marcelo in Midfield. That is what I would've done. At the end of the day if we scored only one more, it might of not been enough. Which is why we needed our full force in attack after they had scored.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It was an utter and complete disaster. There are issues he created that are still lingering around 2 years after he left. Sometimes, what you do in a day ruins what you have built for years.

25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Varane I doubt was a signing you can attribute to him.