REAL MADRID vs HUESCA I La Liga Jornada 29 I 31.03.19 I 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 30, 2019.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were definitely missing Modric Vinicius and even Asensio for their creativity. Lots of possession but not enough shots on target today.

Bale just doesnt create chances anymore. Eriksen or Hazard could really give us a much bigger impact even if they are not pure goalscorers

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I think of Benzema is that he is good, but he's neither great nor bad. He's not at an elite level but hes not Higuain level bad either. He has 23 goals and 10 assists on the season. Those are pretty good numbers, but I agree with you that we need more.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Goodbye Gareth. Another meh performance today.

Kroosinator, Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Wow . I just read the thread.. and some guys here want or think Modric , Kroos and Case could eventually be replaced with Isco, Ceballos and Llorente .. hahaha..
    These guys could not even beat Leganes last year..

5. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    The In-game threads have become hard to read... so much negativity coming from a fan base who just won 4 CLs in the last 5 years... we really are the most expecting of fans... it seems some people would have like personal reasons to hate some players... I don’t know.... get me my second place laLiga finish and come up with a 24 roster squad for next season. That’s basically where my expectations of this team are atm.... and having come off one of the most winning runs in CL history, I’m ok with that.

Also considering we are not a billionaire owned club, I think Flo and Co. have done a wonderful job at setting a bright future filled with possibilities...

libertao, 2Magia2, meringues and 5 others repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I am pretty sure first on the list of replacement is Eriksen. Followed by Pogba. Secondly, you realize regulars experienced many defeats which turned this season sour?

7. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It might be a motivation factor for sure, and maybe a good reason to do some changes in the summer window. The whole team had a down year with two different coaches, and some of the players who have won it all are in the end of their careers.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Hahah.. well said..

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane gave most people here what they want, Llorente, Ceballos, Isco and Brahim.

saadomar, robnycus, Stiliyan and 3 others repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    regulars and subs. This team needs a complete overhaul but people here continue to be stuck with certain players and want to continue giving then chances until eternity or justifying their performances becase [insert any known excuse here]

BjornH repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should hope at least 1 or 2 of those guys eventually become worthy

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Aweful game.
    Nothing to fight for, makes these games even more aweful to watch.
    Beside Benz, no players had any intensity and wish to win.
    Just aweful.
    Add to that all the injuries, I'm not sure how much testing can zidane actually in the games left.
    He might be regretting coming back...

13. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I think he is smarter than that.

14. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People need to realize that these games are actually very good for us. These games make Zidane and Perez realize that big(ger) changes are required in the summer.

It should be very, very obvious to everyone that a midfield of Ceballos, Llorente and Isco is simply not the level this club should aim for, whether they perform at 20% or 100%. I actually see lot of use for them individually, but not in this combination. Llorente is however someone that could grow into a bigger role (if we don't get someone else).

All in all - this is good, we won and Zidane got a good look at certain talents!

PigBenis, Bear Crotch, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That brain fart in the counter attack by Nacho was ridiculous. Out of all the possible options he literally went with the worst one and decided to take a shot.

Prit Javier, saadomar and Lyra repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's becuase he wanted to score/look better for himself which is a problem we have with a lot of players so much under pressure by criticism that they are loking out for themselves first and foremost.

Digital repped this.
  17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Goals for Real Madrid in 2018/19:

[23] Benzema
    [14] Bale
    [11] Ramos
    [6] Asensio, Isco
    [5] Vazquez
    [4] Vinicius, Modric, Casemiro, Own Goals
    [3] Marcelo, Ceballos
    [2] Llorente, Mariano, Varane
    [1] Carvajal, Odriozola, Cristo, Kroos

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Literally every poster here wants complete overhaul.

From the players mentioned i would only keep Llorente. Ceballos and Valverde should be loaned out. Sell Kroos and possibly even Modrić. Bring Eriksen and Pogba.

Anon. repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No chance Llorente is going out on loan at 24 or 25 years old or whatever he is. He's either in Madrid with sufficient playing time or he's out.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Who said anything about Llorente being loaned?

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It certainly wasn’t obvious to a lot of people here, these are the players people wanted to start ( having played together enough and gelled or not) vs Farca and Ajax to name two

Now, one game absolutely does not indicate the talent level of any player, but I think the sample size at the highest level being used to determine that these players would drastically lift our team both attacking and defensive wise was far too small considering the determinations that were being made IMO

I finally got to watch the game, Benz and Odriozola fought hard, I personally thought Llorente did not have a horrible game, all the others, nothing to speak about, Diaz needs to stop trying to dribble 3 players everytime he gets the ball, or trying to walk it into the net,

let’s see what changes occur at the end of this season, I just hope we can finish it strongly ( confidence) and more than anything, after having watched that, I continue to think our first need is a striker, even though it might not happen given ZZ’s love for Benz

Shay Z and robnycus repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #247 robnycus, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Now suddently when these players dont show they are starting quality for Real Madrid under Zidane people are changing their agenda and saying we knew all along that we needed reinforcements but when Solari was here all you hear was people complain about why these players were not starting over Case, Kroos and Lucas in crucial games because supposedly they were better and yet here we are ... a midfield that could not even control a game against the last team in the table.
    Solari knew this ... and he played those players who he viewed as the most capable to win those games... starting Reguillon was the proof of that.

In an environment like ours where you must win every match, players who are not in form must get in form during training because if you are not playing well and you play you are actually downgrading the team. That is what CdR is for..

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Again. For seasons now posters have been demanding changes. We also wanted winter purchases to save the season to some extent. When it did not happen. The only thing you can do is to use existing squad. Considering regulars were beyond shit and a major reason behind the failures of this season and struggled even against bottom tier teams, posters wanted for subs to play more. Get it finally? This is when Reguilon and Llorente happened. Secondly, what exactly have you expected from such mixed squad yesterday? Vintage performance?

PigBenis, Shay Z, Stiliyan and 1 other person repped this.
  24. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can anyone give a detailed account of Luca Zidane's game ? I would really appreciate it.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I couldn't agree more but I think you already know these posters were refusing to look at Florentino Perez's culpability in how the season turned out; and, also Bale, Isco and Asensio for being beyond underwhelming and over-underachieving this season.

They refused to face the facts and Solari was an easy target for the bullies.