Real Madrid vs Getafe (La Liga) 24-02-08[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has been a long time since I had to start the game thread.

Getafe is a tough little club that almost always plays RM & FCB well. So why will we hear from clueless commentators about how "surprising" their performance will be?

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Big question: Can De La Red and Granero play?
    Getafe scare me. We'd better come out guns a-blazin'!

3. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Honestly I can say that Getafe are IMO the worst team to play when in bad form. Countless times they have proved it, like Lockjaw said, by beating top class teams when they have had a poor run. I really don't know what to expect from this game, but I have a feeling Schuster's meeting with his old club will be somewhat of a rollercoaster ride.

4. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    This is the worst time for this game to come around IMO. I know it's at home and stuff but we need to (Sorry have to) win this game otherwise the gap might be just 2 points.

The defence worry me if we do come out and score quick we will need to kill the game of we cant get a goal and hold it for a bit.

I am very worried about this one but a win would put us back on track.

Hala Madrid

5. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The surprise they might be referring to is, how can Getafe play so well against the big clubs but not be able to do it against the ones smaller than them. I like Getafe, they at this time are a better Madrid club than Atletico.

6. nassar_7

nassar_7 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pakistan
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    this mtch will be a difficult one and i am very eager to see the performance of RVN coz he has been sub standard in the few of the past games.. we all know his quality but sometimes form plays a vital part.. i think we should let him start and play him untill the 60-65 mins then we must introduce higuain in order to give him some match time before the roma clash coz i still think he brings in the side more creativity which ruud sadly lacks a bit coz hes a finisher not a creator while h20 on the other hand can create gud chances.. so i bellieve atleast 20-15 mins should be given to h20 in order to get some match practice as we enter the very crucial part of the season where we need our reserve players in important situations to bring some unpredictability... i hope robinho gets some time too....drenthe should be given more time coz he looked more effective than robben the other night... i am glad that we signed such a great talent...

hala madrid... my prediction 3-1 coz getafe have to think abt the upcoming uefa cup tie and the kings cup tie too.. so this might be a gud time to face getafe who has created ambiguities for us in the past...but i trust this real mdrid team and i am confident that we will get a good result that is a victory...

7. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One thins that makes me optimistic is the fact that will all it s flaws ,this team tends to show up in big games,and knowing that loosing this game would bust the league wide open again they would push harder for a win.

Robben and Drenthe open up more spaces and we can use that to get more chances at Getafe s goal but i hope RVN and Raul don't waste them.

Last while i think both Granero and De la Red are missing this team can still create chances and with the way teams have been effective against us ,our defense must be great or else....

8. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    No. De la Red would have to pay 300.000 euros, and Granero is suspended anyway.

9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Laudrup, you should change ur title to 12 games - 12 Finals.
    Because every game is like a final and really important now because we could wrap the league or we could go bust. Nothing is impossible but i really hope the players start getting their focus gears on now.

10. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm not worried. we don't play on Saturday, and we play at home :rolleyes:

11. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    LOL nice one Achilles™ you right i just looked back the 4 games we have lost this season have all been on a Saturday. So Sunday at home might be ok:)

Hala Madrid

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shocker!! ;)

300,000 of his own money? Ouch, maybe we should've kept that type of agreement with Negredo, may have taken Almeria then.

Seriously, is 300,000 euros a huge chunk for the smaller teams, I'm not sure, I know its a helluva lot for us normal folk.

13. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    LOL we all are man

14. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    speak for yourself..

are you really like this? or is it a long term sarcastic acting sequence?

if its the latter, its not funny anymore.

15. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    jeez, you can tell it's Friday... this goes for you guys and the transfer rumours thread, take it easy.

16. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I'm happy that Granero can't play as we really need to win this. I did kind of want to see him though. I haven't watched too many Getafe games this year. He's looked good in the ones I did see.

17. Real j'can

Real j'can New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Wow, apparently we are averaging three goals per game at home, a figure increased because of our 7-0 win against Valladolid, really interesting to hear. Schuster really needs to get this right though because I think we've lost 3 out of our last 4 matches.

18. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    I am not like anything. I just said i was worried about the game on sunday. Actualy i am worried about most of our games

19. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    If we can win this then I am confident Barca will drop points in the next few weeks. They have Atletico and Villarreal coming up, aswell as Almeria who could surprise a few people again. I love how everyone looks so much into one match with Celtic, who let's face it, aren't the best team. All of a sudden Barca are backand the best team ever etc. Let's just wait and see shall we.

Hopefully Robinho gets a few minutes at the end and Drenthe gets a chance to play a full game. His impact in the Roma game was excellent, and I think he has shown he deserves a run in the team.

I'll go for a 3-1 win.

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think the next three Liga matches are critical. Again, no need to push the panic button - but I think we need to win the next three: Getafe, at Recreativo, Espanyol. After that we are at Deportivo, home to Valencia, home to Sevilla. Those six matches are a key stretch for me and it starts with the first three.

Anyway .... back to this week.

It will be interesting to see how Getafe plays w/out De La Red and Granero and having this match come in between a UEFA match and a Copa Del Rey match.

By the way, did I mention this match is critical?

21. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    LOL you don't need to tell us that.

I'd really like to see Drenthe getting some more playing time and Ruud and/or Raul getting some rest. Seems like a win-win situation to me if that were to happen.

22. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It seems Robinho will not be ready until next week. And Ramos and Salgado have also some problems, although I'm sure Ramos will do the most to play. Otherwise we will be - again - in serious problems with the defense.

Apart from this, Granero opens today's edition of Diario As with: "Granero. First Reinforcement 2008-09". It seems Schuster will incorporate him to the 1st squad.

23. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    How bout Pepe? Any chance of him featuring in this game?

24. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not for the match against Getafe, although he has started training at a lower rythm.

According to Diario As the defense will be: Ramos - Cannavaro - Heinze - Torres.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Tough game man. I wouldn't wanna play a team like getafe right after a CL game. But contrary to some posters beliefs we have a lotta things going for us.

1. We've been playing well and losing. If we were playing like crap and making no chances than that would have been really worrying. We just gotta get it right in front of goal and we'll be fine.

2. They just played in the UEFA cup on thursday i think. So that favors us. Especially when granero won't be playing. Remember its an away game for them which brings me to my third point.

3. We're at home. And we're perfect at home this season in the league.

4. Boys are gonna be extra pumped now that the gap is down to 5 points. So no worries on that front.

5. RVN is due a good game and raul would be extra motivated because of the giant snub he received from the "old man" during the week.

So take a chill pill GUTI.H14. Relax and enjoy the game. Roma will be a completely different story though. You can load up on anti anxiety drugs for that one. :D