Real Madrid vs Galaxy, Season Ticket Holders DO NOT Get Regular Seats? Why??

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LaVerne, Jul 1, 2005.

1. LaVerne

LaVerne New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Season ticket holders do not get there regular seats for the Real Madrid games. Supposably they will get seats in sections of equal value. Somehow I feel I may be getting the short end of this. What other motive could be behind this other than to cater to new big money & take advantage of lowly local season ticket holders or am I just paranoid?

2. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Cuz they wanna rip you off.

3. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    This is really disgusting me! We need to let them know how stupid they are treating their core fans. :mad: Maybe the supporter fan groups might have some pull?

4. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    because if they funnel ticket holders into cheaper seats they can sell higher priced seats to the public.

5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i believe they've doubled the price of the seats for these games, so i'm sure by there way of thinking, if you're regularly in a $50 seat, for example, then they need to move you to a different section to give you a $50 seat for this game. i'm not defending it, but my guess is that's they're reasoning.

1. pretty cheap in the first place
    2. they should/could have at least offered season ticket holders a chance to pay the difference to keep their seat (i.e., pay $50 for the $100 seat in my above example)

6. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, they're not really screwing anybody.

Everyone gets tickets in a comprable section to their season tickets. If you sit in the upper decks, you'll be in the upper decks for the Madrid game, sidelines and corners are still sideline and corners. It's not the identical seat but the same relative price tier. You trade two $40 bonus game tickets for one $80 ticket. This is because the Galaxy isn't running the show. The Galaxy bought tickets for this game to give to the season ticket holders in exchange for the value of two bonus games...which would be the cost of ONE ticket to the ReAL Madrid game.

If you don't want the tickets, you can trade the Madrid game tickets for credit in your account.

"Funneling people into cheaper sections" doesn't even hold up logically. Think about people like me who have season seats in the 25 dollar section. There's no cheaper section for them to "funnel" us into. 25 dollar seats don't exist for the ReAL game.

7. gerth21

gerth21 New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Santa Ana, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It still kinda sucks if you think about it I sit in the upper deck on the half line about 5 rows from the front on the asile. I like where I sit and the other season ticket holders sitting around me. If I end up sitting in the back corner of the upper deck I'll be mad as hell. I have to give two tickets and not sit in my normal seat. They need to throw us some kind of bone.

8. Dfuntime

Dfuntime New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    California
    You must work for the Galaxy if you really buy into everything you're saying. And you wonder why season ticket holders don't renew?

9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have front row midfield season seats for the Fire and that is where I'm sitting for the real madrid -chivas game 7/16 Dh. I didn't have to pay extra either even though seats not previously sold in that section are now $125. They should have rewarded LA season ticket holders with their same seats.

10. art'n'sue

art'n'sue BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 2005
    It's all about AEG$$$$$
    We Club Seat holders have to fork out $150.00 to BUY our own seat. Otherwise we are just general public ticketbastard slaves.

11. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Yeah, I'm in the same situation. As odd as this sounds, at least we got priority...at first we weren't even going to get that from what I understand...

12. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said in the other ReAL Madrid post, this game is fueling tons of misinformation and conspiracy theories. My letter says I have two tickets to the Madrid game. Same section, different seats. No additional purchase, no cash. If I don't want the seat, they'll credit the cost of the two tickets to my account. Again, check the other string...the Galaxy does not control the venue, A.E.G. does. A.E.G. controls the Galaxy and people seem to think it's the other way around. Just like KFC doesn't control Pepsi or the TriCor Restaurant Group and Miramax doesn't control Disney or Buena Vista.

I've done plenty of complaining about AEG and the Galaxy. I've noticed that the sports business in general in Los Angeles is a lost cause for the fan but I don't think this is an example of that.

Parking at the HDC is ridiculously overpriced when NFL stadiums are charging similar parking prices for more expensive tickets. Our stadium concessions are easily the worst I've ever had in the country, and I've been to several stadiums in every time zone. I also think the Home Depot Center has a sterile, uninspired design.

So no, I don't work for the Galaxy.

13. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Well most people will disagree with you on the HDC design, but other then that u're damn right on all points.

14. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're probably right. It's a good looking roof and the lighting is cool. The overall stadium looks nice and part of the reason I don't think it's real exciting looking is that it's very small - no opportuniteis for flying buttresses or arches to hold up the upper decks.

Like I know anything but...the balconies by the press box area look cheap. The concourses are long flat walls that don't look out onto the field, it's too closed and I think they could festive it up by knocking down some walls and putting up some banners and adding some unique character to the joint...something uniquely L.A. like palm trees...I don't know, a waterfall.

Still, not a bad place it just looks like they cut a few corners...metal bleachers instead of seats etc...

15. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    your logic might hold for your section, but not the entire stadium

I know of plenty of people who have been moved over to different sections. When a corner seat turns into a endline seat, that frees up the corner seat.

are the endline seats cheaper? yes
    are the people getting these seats being moved to a cheaper section? yes
    does that open up higher priced seats in the corner to sell to the public? yes

so the freebie seats are now twice as expensive since 2 bonus tickets must be used. that cuts out a game you could attend.....an entire game

you lose a ticket, so that's a game that would have been free but now you're going to pay for it....more $$$$ for organizers

your seat opens up to the public at 2 times the price.....more $$$ for organizers

who cares about which way the chain of command goes when you still lose

ps..........HDC is bland

16. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I don't work for the G's FO nor AEG. But I have a few contacts here and there. Now here's the scoop:

This is NOT a "Galaxy game". It's NOT going through the Galaxy ticketing box. It's 100% an AEG/SUM event that happens to take place at the HDC (yet another separate corp.) and they are paying the local team to be the proverbial Washington Generals to Real's Globetrotters.

So...

AEG sets the price. Period. The Galaxy FO, taken by complete an utter surprise by this (they were ALL in Salt Lake), realized that they'd have to do SOMETHING for the season ticket holders or suffer the biggest PR nightmare ever. So they are BUYING TICKETS from AEG for all of their season ticket holders. Now, my Galaxy seats in in the corner (even with the Riot Squad discount) are $22 a game. AEG has made my corner $60. The G's FO thought, "OK, two bonus games equal $44 for Tommy. For this game $44 put him behind the goal because that's where AEG/SUM has priced him."

Thus, I am behind the goal. Now, I can have these credited back and pay the full $60 to sit in the corner... but I like not spending money right now. In the end, the choice is yours.

Now, whether you believe me or not, please think about this: the G's are actually gonna LOSE MONEY on this. So why are they doing it? Call it spending money on the best advertising in the world....

With that said, I invite anyone who has been wonderin' what's up with the crazy bastards in Section 138 to take this opportunity to stand with (most) of the Riot Squad behind the South goal. Call Tim Martin, he can make it happen.

I still think we're gonna get trounced though.

tommy mack
    www.lariotsquad.net

17. ASTURIANO

ASTURIANO New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Torrance
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had an interesting e-mail exchange with the Galaxy Front office.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent them

"Mr. Doug Hamilton,

In 1999, I became a full time season ticket holder for the Los Angeles Galaxy. This decision was influenced by an interview given by your predecessor, Sergio Del Prado on a Spanish Radio Station. Mr. Prado stated that “if you believe in American Soccer then support our league and local club.” I have been a faithful ticket holder for six years (and a ten game package holder from 1998).

I have quietly endured moments when I have felt that the marketing staff and front office have slighted me as a season ticket holder. For instance, for the initial season at the Home Depot Center, I referred a colleague to the ticket office and also requested to be seated with him for the season as per your promotion. Much to my chagrin and displeasure, my friend - a first year ticket holder - received a better seating allocation than I did. My wife, who was furious with this inequality and injustice, battled with your ticket staff until we received an improved seat location. I also received a jewelry box (or cigar box) as a promotional gift commemorating the first season at HDC; it came with missing screws and hinges, and a gold plated Galaxy logo that was deeply scratched. This season I received two t-shirts with sizes that were either too small or large for me to use. Once again, I quietly endured these shortcomings by putting my love of the game and support of the club above my feelings of disenchantment.

The final straw has come, however...I find it bothersome and offensive that the front office is unwilling to offer season ticket holders the opportunity to purchase single game tickets for the Real Madrid game (without having to purchase additional tickets to Chivas USA match or New England Revolution game). This strategy reeks of greed and extreme shortsightedness. I have never complained when I have had to use my Bonus game tickets to watch the Galaxy Reserves play the Fresno Fire or the Chinese or Armenian “B” national team. I have supported this team by paying my tickets on a timely manner, purchased team merchandise and have referred people towards purchase of individual and season tickets.

“If you believe in American Soccer then support our league and local club” seems to be hollow rhetoric on the part of the organization and MLS.

Remember the season ticket holders are the believers in this league, not some fringe fans who will come for one or two games looking for a novelty or “Real” event.

Again, I believe that season tickets fans should be given the opportunity to purchase single game seats for the Real Madrid match.

I look forward to your response Mr. Hamilton
    ."

Needless to say, I got a response from the Customer Service Mgr.

The response issued by the Customer Service Manager was basically a bunch of hollow rhetoric and he did not know who Sergio Del Prado was.

In the end he offered to replace my T-shirt and not much else.
    Oblivious to the actual point and issue of customer satisfaction and loyalty.

I doubt I will renew next year, these tickets (including parking) are $75 every game. I believe that my money could be better served elsewhere.

It kills me because I am such a huge US soccer fan.

Hopefully these guys at AIG wake up soon, because this league could go by the way of NASL. Look at Chivas, Miami and Tampa Bay.
    :(

18. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet, I sit behind the south goal.

It's too bad the Galaxy will lose money on this but you'd think they could make it all back with their crappy, crappy nachos and 15 dollar prision-rape parking system. I'm sure someone who's never even run a lemonaide stand and can't spell ethics would file this sort of things "good business sense".

Still going to the Real game.

Huzzah!

19. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, AEG set the prices for parking, not the Galaxy. And the money from that goes to the HDC Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary of AEG). Yes, the Galaxy are also owned by AEG, but they are given X amount of dollars a year for budget. They have to PAY rent to the HDC (same as Chivas). They DO get a cut of concessions, but the way it worked out, most of the G's FO were just as furious at the outrageous parking price as the fans are.

Of course, in AEG's mind, all "venues" including Staples Center and HDC are now the same parking level. Stupid, but it's AEG.. not Galaxy.

Tommy Mack

PS: See ya behind the goal.

20. rojojova

rojojova Member

Mar 7, 2001
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not trying to pick on Cosmojado as I think there have been quite a few posters that have echoed his sentiment about the Real game on these boards but...
    reading all of these complaints- "They moved my seats... the HDC is boring... the concessions are crap... the front office sucks..."- I start to wonder if we aren't the most spoiled group of fans around.

To comment on the HDC in a negative way seems a little ridiculous to me. Ask any fan of another team in the league and I'm sure they'd happily trade their situation.

To complain about getting to see Real Madrid - at no extra cost to the season ticket holder- seems ridiculous. Again, I'm sure any fan from any other team in the league would jump at the opportunity to see Real play their team.

To complain about the "Nachos Camacho" (which are terrific IMO) definitely seems ridiculous. Go ask a DCU fan how their concessions are.

As a 10 game plan holder, I had to pay for my tickets. I couldn't afford tickets in my regular section so I bought seats behind the goal (and for the other game as well)... and I don't care... I can't wait for this game... it will be a true spectacle... it will hopefully inspire those that support the league to see the excitement that real star power on the field can bring.

We have to remember that while this game may feel expensive to us, keeping this league afloat for ten years must feel expensive to AEG. They have a right to, bit by bit, start to recoup some of their investment. Events like this are moneymakers to them but they are offering us a chance to seen the most star-studded team in the world in the intimate confines of our HDC. If their gonna gouge me for money at least the product they're offering is pretty damn good.

We as fans need to realize how great we have it. Sure there may be valid complaints here and there, but overall we have it really really good as american soccer fans go.
    Sometimes I feel we lose a little perspective.
    ok thanks

21. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Rojo - I am with you on this one. We are so lucky to see Real Madrid in a 30K facility. Let's enjoy the show and experience a hopefully historical experience in LA soccer/football! :p

22. LaVerne

LaVerne New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Some posters are referencing their new seats? Has anyone recieved the actual bonus tickets swap yet? When?
    I hope they did not go regular mail.
    I sincerely doubt my replacement seats will be equal. (front row, 18 yard line).

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are probably right.

Somehow I think that the general level of angst has more to do with the product on the pitch than anything else. The HDC always looks nicer after a win. Give us a team that dominates the league (like the 1998 one did up to that playoff debacle), and people would be happy to watch them playing in a quarry.

The HDC is great. The novelty of that has worn off. And a nice venue does not begin to compensate for a disinterested and badly coached team.

24. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California

does this make any sense? it's a Galaxy game. period. and they could have arranged to handle this however they want (or not participated), and they've elected to handle it this way. period. if Galaxy wants to blame AEG, so be it, but that's a bunch of nonsense. i don't exactly understand how all of the various corporations fit together, but to suggest that the Galaxy couldn't have protected their season ticket holders (or other supporters) is absurd.

25. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone ever hear of something called............

.............MONEY?

the answer to many of the past,present and future threads regarding the HDC and it's actions.