REAL MADRID vs CELTA DE VIGO I La Liga Jornada 28 I 16.03.19 I 16:15 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Boring football from our guys against a relegation side. Too many extra crosses. I hope we are not going back to last year's style of play. My least favourite.

I still don't think Isco or Marcelo or Kroos have any right to be in this team. Seems like the big names are playing just because they are big names.

I miss Vinicius.

2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Fixed. Remember, paragraphs are your friend.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    we scored 4 goals against a better team last week

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Could have gone 2-0 down as well. They missed a penalty. Not to mention them battering us for the whole half and close offsides saved us. And they had the worst offense in La Liga. And Valladolid is just slightly better than Celta going by points table.

Anon. repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I agree but we were missing Ramos and had Nacho who is every day playing worse and worse.. After we scored the 1st goal we actually played better than today.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because the team played much better a week ago and the players on the field a week ago were playing based on merit. Obviously we've taken a step back here.

But hey the pressure off Flo, he showed he's not afraid to make a bad choice for manager then fire the manager and do it all over again. Kudos to Flo.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bale hit the woodwork in first half and slipped on a good chance. Modric goal ruled out due to Varane deemed interfering. We did enough to win by more.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Against a much worse team. Navas made a spectacular save that could have been a goal and they had two counters where a better team would have capitalized..

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #284 fierro, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    We barely got by a relegation side missing their best player. If we had to play Ajax or Barca with this performance, things would have been a lot worse than they were.

robnycus repped this.
  10. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Navas: Those who said that I don't train hard now have to admit they were wrong

Poor guy, bottled it up for nearly a whole season. Glad Zidane selected him, not like that moron who couldn't bring himself to play him in a dead rubber CL game

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1107033152722296833 is not a valid tweet id

What a servant. Fully dedicated to the badge

RMSocrates, J-Mezzy, HZinho and 9 others repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The most underrated player in our most dominant team in recent memory.

Also has the humility, loyalty and work ethic that all Madridistas admire.

petros93, J-Mezzy, Bear Crotch and 6 others repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    it is really sad but until this day most fans don't given him any credit for the last CL trophies we won.
    What we always heard was he is not top 10 keeper.. Another top keeper would have also made those saves.. blah blah blah..

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well done Navas. Well done.

Solari pettiness smh

15. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good game to get some confidence back in the team, plus some decent performances from players who were frozen out for the most part. Impressed with Asensio today, he was a threat and loved how he ran at them. Marcelo showed some flair, still left wide open gaps behind him which a better team could make us pay. Isco was rusty as expected by the goal will do him a ton of confidence. Hopefully Bale can put a few more in to drive up his value.

Glad for the win, the ZZ effect is real and had us believing. Dude got lots of things spot on and liked his subs. Saying all the right things too. Our team weaknesses were still on display, looking forward to the squad shake up. Vin, Reggie, and Llorrente of the kid squad were big revelations this year and hope ZZ recognizes that. All the others are game to be loaned/sold.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ok its just one game, but felt that we played as a unit again, solid in defense, controlling the game and creating lots of chances ( which could prove point that losing Zidane, not Cristiano was sole reason for all our troubles).

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The vast majority of Madridistas appreciate Navas and his contribution and would choose him over Courtois.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We were in trouble the year before with Zidane and Cristiano.

Losing both without adequate replacement hurt us deeply. Don't take away from either because both are legends.

The reality I hope doesn't get lost in this euphoria is we need significant change to our roster in key positions.

If we go into the next season with fresh attacking players and Kroos, Modric and Casemiro as our starters we haven't learned a thing and we'll only be competing for tournaments; not La Liga.

Eddie, Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    J-Mezzy, HZinho, gladiator guti and 12 others repped this.
  20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We don't have to play against Barcelona and Ajax anymore. For the rest of the season, we are just playing to evaluate each player for next season. Marcelo, Isco, Ceballos and Asensio are fighting for a spot on the team next season. I do not know about Bale. In my opinion, he is fighting for a spot on a better CL team next season, but I am not in charge of the team.

saadomar repped this.
  21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Some needs to show Perez the GWB fool me once, can't get fooled again video clip. We need to be bold this summer.

MerlinRM and Digital repped this.
  22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Buying Courtois was an awkward move. I don't see him being ok with sitting at all so I think at some point this summer the GK situation will come to a head. Nice to see Navas out there though.

It was chilling to see ZZ back on that sideline again!!

Anon. repped this.
  23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For all we know, ALL of them might be sold in the upcoming summer. And a string of good performances will only increase their values. Either way, it's a Win-win. They get to show why they should be playing in this team or another team, and we get to maximize profits one way or another.

Excape Goat and temesgen repped this.
  24. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Agree, we cant compete for everything even with Zidane right now, but it was great to see team having some sort of shape finally, after all negative records we had this year.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.