REAL MADRID vs ATHLETIC BILBAO | La Liga Jornada 18 | 22.12.19 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Dec 22, 2019.

1. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would love to see:
    Hazard-Jovic
    James
    Kroos-Case-Valverde​
    With Marcelo at LB.

Stiliyan repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let me put it this way: If Jovic had the same amount of chances that Benzema had last night, he would have scored at least one.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's wildly speculative to assume he would even have as many chances.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why? Benzema was sleep-playing for most of the game, he looked like he had a fever lol.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe just maybe

Benzy needs a break? I mean it seems like he has played every minute of every game

Lyra repped this.
  6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No.
    Benzema in form > He's in form, you gotta play him
    Benzema out of form > He needs to play into form, gotta play him
    Benzema having a stinker, obviously tired and overused > We can't risk this game, let's play him at 50 % with 2 Brazilian kids of which one is incapable of scoring in a brothel.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As much of a tough break as it is for Jovic, striker has always been a bit of a glamour position for this club. So many good strikers came and went, everybody knew Jovic would face an uphill battle.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not convinced Jovic is the right fir for us. I'm a fan of what he did in Frankfurt, but I'm not confident in him playing when the opponent is playing with 10 field players behind the ball.

9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How does Lewandowski play in Bayern? Teams park the bus against them too. Aguero? Icardi?

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you believe Jovic is as skilled as Aguero? Not sure how Icardi slipped besides those two like he belongs there. :ROFLMAO:

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Benzema is good at that?

temesgen repped this.
  12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    We,re dominating about 70ish minutes of every game we’ve played lately, a lot of the time Courtois is barely called on, we finish the chances we create and this discussion will not happen, I don’t see much wrong with our tactics.
    If we’re to stick to one formation however I hope it will be the 4-3-1-2.

As for Jovic, I definitely expected him to get more minutes by this point, especially with all the injuries we’ve sustained, Zidane must be seeing something in training he doesn’t like although by all account Jovic is a hard worker and Zidane always praises him.

Stiliyan repped this.
  13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are 3 players from top teams who play vs parking the bus teams which was the argument. All 3 completely dependant on service.

Icardi is performing more than good enough despite being by far the least skilled out of the bunch.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To try to salvage something positive from this game:

I thought Valverde did well in the Casemiro role. Not quite as sharp in his passing as I’ve come to expect, but defended well and helped in ensuring Bilbao hardly got a decent chance.

Perhaps it would have been helpful for our attack if he was more free to push further up, but we probably won’t be buying a dm in this window, so it’s good to see him a do a job there.

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    If we are pulling out gazillion crosses into the box, playing Jović sounds like a good idea to me.

Stiliyan repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t think we can say we lack in depth when it comes to goal scorers when the coach hasn’t properly tried all the options available to him, one player only a few times and completely blanking another player, how can we be lacking when these players haven’t been given enough of a chance, we need goals , these players may not be the answer but before we know that we have to try them

I understand the concept that everyone cannot play and that continuity is necessary to winning, at least that’s what I think , I’m just saying at that we cannot say we lack depth when we have not tried all the options available to us until we do we can’t know

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Jović needs some prime minutes with A-squad. If we plan to continue on current path, i see him being loaned out in the summer.

18. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A shame really. It’s not like minutes are scarce. Plenty to go around and he’s just not getting them. He looks dangerous in the short time he’s played and the minutes he does get is Zidane just last ditch throwing him in with the likes of Bale barely getting any service.

ZZ’s subs/rotation are questionable and is costing the team.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Terrible post.

Btw, Zidane is the only reason we resemble a team.

Drouchk repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    for me it's simply about occupying the areas of the pitch that put you in the best position to score. Benz is great at what he does but too often he's out wide or deep and we really need someone in the box. In a perfect world we'd play a few games with both players and see how it works.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    You're spot on.

ZZ did wonders to this team but his choices sometimes leave us all scratching our heads.

22. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Couldn't agree more. To me Benz is more of a 10 than a 9. He wants the ball. And he is found at the left winger position a LOT. Why ? I mean he is our only goal threath.

23. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    It is easy to comment from tv or internet board, but I will trust ZZ judgment on personnel management. Not long ago we were saying that was his main strength and indeed the main reason for our double in 2017.

He must see something in training to not rotate a lot, plus you want to have the main team gel and kick into gear before starting rotations.

24. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    We would have no creativity at all if Benzema didnt do that, especially with Hazard out. All forwards drift wide or come deep, that is how you make space for yourself and other forward/wingers. Our problem is lack of other goalscoring threats.

Varnagel repped this.
  25. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Imagine the backlash here if all Benzema did was to sit in the box and wait for crosses.

Varnagel repped this.