Real Madrid versus Racing Snatander [R] 21.12.05

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's the last fixture of the calander year and it follows that of a very disapointing result at Osasuna. Nothing less than a win is required from the game. Racing had 3 players sent off versus Malaga nd lost their most promising player to West Ham ( Yossi Benayoun ). However, from the recent home form of Real Madrid I wouldn't rule them out of snatching something which would compile more misery on our players.

Here's what I hope to see and consider that Zidane and Guti out of the game through injry and suspension.

-----------------------------Casillas-------------------------

Diogo--------Helguera---------Pavon-------------Raul Bravo

---------------------------Ramos-----------------------------

Beckham-----------------------------------------------Robinho---

------------------------De La Red--------------------------------

--------------Ronaldo--------------------Soldado------------------

Roberto Carlos has been shockingly poor of late and he deseres a drop and I think Diogo who seemed reasonablly promising has not got a good enough look in. Its also a more attacking formation than the one against Osasuna and I included Soldado instead of the Bap because I see him as a more potent force up front.

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with you on the fact that Roberto Carlos has been playing a little off recently. Bravo in his two most recent performances actually put in good play both occasions. I heard Woodgate has been back in training and was an outside shot for the bench this past weekend, so he could potentially be in the starting XI this weekend over Pavon (although if we were to base this on recent form he should go in for Helguera! and let Pavon play.) Baptista should be dropped, but possibly Gravesen could play at De La Red's position.

3. da zen

da zen New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    'Sri Lanka'
    Whatever the team will be, for anyone who saw the Osasuna game knows how we were without Zidane... Our mid was so poor in feeding the attack and to make it was Ronnie was so lazy. Without Zizou i dont know what will happen.... also i didnt see the team play paying off. so, only an individual classic moment will do it for us!!!! else..........................

Also, it's no point of talking about having this one here and this one there until we get our attack alright. We alomost did not attack in the first half againts Osasuna... hhmm i feel it was Lucky enough to be escaped with a draw to Osasuna... Anyhow, our defence is alright these days.. exept Helgu's thing...

Newayz, it's come'on Madrid... we can rebuild things through the Winter break and recover our form...

4. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Salgado and Guti are out, right? And Beckham plays no matter what, I'm resigned to that.

So...

Diogo --- Pavon --- Helguera --- Bravo
    Beckham - Ramos - Gravesen - Zidane
    -------- Soldado -- Ronaldo ---------

For his classless display yesterday, Roberto Carlos should be on the bench. If Beckham has to play, them you might as well have two targetmen who are strong in the box and fight for the crosses. I like De La Red, but IMO he doesn't have enough training/playing time with the rest of the first teamers to get a starting spot. Zidane is much more effective than Robinho (who IMO is an excellent sub for the left side of midfield). When they defend, Zidane stays forward while Beckham and Gravesen cover left and right (4-3-1-2), giving Zizou a short pass to set up counterattacks. When Diogo and Bravo move forward, Gravesen or Beckham stay back and float wide to cover the flanks for a counter while Ramos stays back and plays in front of the CB's.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's doubtful that Zidane will be available for the match...

6. galactico(12)

galactico(12) New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    why not just play the same line-up that played so well against malaga? :confused: That was the RM's best performance for 6 or 7 matches.

7. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because Lopez Caro knows more about football than you.

8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    just wait a sec chinky, galactico 12 will start the beckham hating in 5....4....3....2...

9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's probably cuz his balls never reached as long as Beckham's did :)

I already see the starting lineup:

----------------------Ronaldo------------------------
    -----Ronaldo----Ronaldo-----Ronaldo------Ronaldo----
    ---------------------Ronaldo-------------------------
    -Ronaldo-------------------------------------Ronaldo-
    ----------------------Ronaldo------------------------
    -------Ronaldo--------------------Ronaldo------------

League title here we come!

10. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is Ronaldo going to be the coach?

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Lopez Caro greatly disappointed me on Sunday. It turns out that he is the same as the 4 coaches before him. He is no more than a puppet coach that is ordered to put the team that makest the most money for the club on the pitch. Are you telling me that Beckham played better than Zidane in Malaga? I know some of you Beckham lovers will say yes, so I'll remind you that he didn't play in that game and that Zidane had one his best games this season. What does he do the next game?? He puts in Beckham, who was suspended for making yet another dumb decision against Getafe, moves Robinho out of position, and keeps his best player in the previous game on the bench. While I have nothing against Beckham and I'm willing to admit that he did have a somewhat productive second half, Real didn't pose any sort of threat on the opposition until Zidane came in. This is not about me defending my favourite player... This is about playing your best players, and playing in their natural position. Why move Robinho when he just had a great game. Why bench Zidane when he had a great game? Why start Beckham when he made a dumb decision and got red carded? And it's not like this is the first time he did it...

12. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    man i think ur absolutley right , lol where in toronto do u live dogg??

13. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    bench zizou cuz he wasnt fully fit, and cuz he played him as a sub n ppl r complainin he came in to late he might miss the next match .. and y becks on the right ? cuz zizou wasnt playin n we dont hav a left sided midfilder so he put robinho there zizou's injury made the robinho vs becks choice easy on caro , but that dont mean he aint no puppet ,, they all gota listen to perez esp a guy like caro .. that may be the only reason id want a big name coach at madrid this way perez wont be able to force his hand no matter how good the CVs the coaches came with after DB none of them were really big name coaches so it was easy for perez to hav his word .. well thats jus wat i think atleast..

14. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    I think Zidane started on the bench because of his ankle injury.

Besides, in the very least Caro did make two good substitutions.

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Zidane DEFINITELY started on the bench due to the ankle injury, plus it was infected as well. I'm always ambivalent on the "Perez teamsheet" rumors. Look at Michael Owen placed behind a misfiring Raul most of the season. However, I believe Caro knows his tactics. Becks I think was more deservin to stay on the pitch by that point over Robinho. Also, I believe Caro has nothing to lose, because he knows he isn't going to be the permanent head coach here. He'll be back as Castilla soon enough, so I think he's gonna do whatever it takes to get the win while he's in charge.

16. Mr Robinho

Mr Robinho New Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Canada
    ----------------------------- Casillas------------------------------

--------------Helguera---------------------Pavon-----------------

Digo ----------------------------------------------------- R.Carlos

------------------------------Ramos-----------------------------

Beckham------------------------------------------------- Robinho

---------------------Zidane ----------Baptista-------------------

----------------------------- Ronaldo ---------------------------

it is good !!

17. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    :eek: You benched ikerman! the backline looks horrible! Ronaldo, Ronaldo, and Ronaldo are bad defenders. I would put Ramos somewhere there :p

18. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    They've also lost another good player, Regueiro. Aganzo also is suspended, red card, right?
    I beleive they got Antonito from Sevilla, the guy who is a guti-style. He ain't bad imho.
    Also Felipe (Brazilian?) who played against Barca, he is, imho, the only threat.

Thier stats, plus their situation 4 for this game, proves that even if we aint doing fine we should win without single prb. Before thier last win against Getafe, a run from end of Sep with no win!
    They lost home to Cadiz, Alaves, Atletico and Depor.
    They lost away to Sevilla and Barca.

In their last 8 games: Won 1 ... Conceded 14 .......

They are the worst in La Liga when it comes to oppositions scoring first. Are Ronnie and co ready to any adavantage of this?

Our defence, though it seems shaky whenever we get Ramos out of CB, Well, In fact whenever we have Pavon there. There shouldn't be any trouble, They have one of the worst Scoring For stats this season. We scored mor than twice than they did!

I would prefer Ramos to get back to CB. Man, the way Milosevic kept the ball wihtout any determind CB to tak it off was miserable.
    Helguera - Ramos let it be. Gravesen or P.Garcia as DM. I woul go for Gravy for this game, he can build up some plays from the midfiled, I guess better than Garcia does.

One thing, is just me or Salgado is looking crap every time he play this season?
    We were calling for a competition for his position, and some rest for him. He got it, but then his old performance just diesappeared!

Condidering all that, anything less than a convincing win means some pigs might start flying in Bernabue :D

19. deVil_X

deVil_X Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    will this be on pplive or ppstream?

20. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ya it is.Its on pplive , quandong and shanhai sports. ;)

21. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    BTW , cctv5 is also showing zidane and ronaldos charity game on thurs.That should be good :D

22. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    I shall be watching this on espn :D... but delayed broadcast :(

23. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005

No, it is not good - we'll get murdered (even by a crap team) - far too weak at the back.

CM is the most important area on the pitch and Ramos (although full of potential) is way too inexperieced to play there especially:

A. by himself
    B. with feckin' Laurel and Hardy behind him
    C. with errant full backs to cover
    D. with the less than industrious Zidane and Robinho in midfield with him.

24. edogg

edogg Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    For those in the US..its also on GOLTV

25. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Somebody's been hitting the bong at the AS offices again.

In their article about Zidane (he's fit. w00t), they write that a possible lineup will be:

Diogo - Helguera - Pavón - Roberto Carlos
    Beckham - Ramos - P. García - Zidane
    -------- Robinho - Ronaldo -------------

Those guys never disappoint.