Real Madrid v Getafe [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Oct 26, 2004.

1. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Sunday 31st October

Should be 3 points to Madrid. Samuel by the looks of things could be out!
    im not aware of any other team news.

taking that only samuel is out i would expect to see:

..............Casillas
    Salgado Pavon Samuel Carlos
    .......Figo Zizou Guti Raul
    ...........Ronnie Owen

However what id like to see is:

.............Casillas
    Salgado Mejia Samuel Carlos
    .......Zizou Guti Solari
    ...............Raul
    .........Ronnie Owen

unsure bout my midfield formation but after last week figo should be dropped and solari should defo be in! i would like to see mejia instead of pavon, but i know how these madrid managers like pavon!

i am hoping to see a few goals here, lots of football and a bit of show-boating wouldnt go a miss either, this is what we have all missed from los galacticos over the past couple of months, how it would be good to see it again!

2. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I assume you meant Helguera where you have Samuel, assuming Samuel is unable to play. Those lineups look good; hopefully (yet again) Ronaldo can score and find his groove, as Owen seems to have. I'd like to see a win, and I'd like to see a dominant performance: ideally, Morientes can get a full half of play in, as well as Mejia, Juanfran, Arbeloa, Javi Garcia, or some of the other younger players. Let's get a little winning streak going!

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Injured:

Woodgate
    Beckham
    Solari
    Samuel

If Samuel is out I would give serious consideration to playing Raul Bravo alongside Helguera. The fact is that with R. Carlos going forward the left center back has responsibilities that go beyond the ordinary center back. He has to cover a lot of ground and at times has to play almost like a fullback. With R. Bravo's experience playing both positions and since he has pretty good pace I would pick him to replace Samuel in this game.

Mejia would also be a good choice. I would prefer either one to Pavon, however I think Pavon will be the one chosen.

4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I agree with your logic, the fact is that Raul Bravo blew it the last time he played CB & is unlikely to get another shot. I would like to see Mejia play there, but he appears to be in the doghouse too for some unknown reason. What I am hoping GR does is play Arebola there.

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    ye ye of course, it was late ;)

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Woodgate has an injury problem, but Samuel is looking to give him some competition in that aspect. WTF. :mad:

7. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Things shouldn't be that tough for the team if we keep things they it has been last week.

Since we've discussed the formation alot, why don't we take a glance on some stats bout our opponent:

- They are the 18th in the table, one point away from the bottom (Numancia).

- Results so far:
    1 A Real Zaragoza L 1-3 (1-1)
    2 H Real Mallorca L 1-2 (0-1)
    3 A Numancia L 0-1 (0-1)
    4 H Espanyol W 1-0 (1-0)
    5 A Osasuna L 1-2 (1-2)
    6 H Athletic Bilbao W 3-1 (1-0)
    7 A Deportivo L 1-2 (0-1)
    8 H Real Betis L 0-2 (0-0)

- They have 2 wins against Bilbao(14th) + Espanylo(4th) !!

- They lost all thier away games.

- Pachon is top scorer with 4 goals. (Hattric against Bilbao!!)

- They beat Las Palmas 1/0 in Copa Del Rey.

- THIER "GOALS FOR" IS BETTER THAN US!!!! (8) .. ours (6) :/

- Goals against: 13 goals.

- They are the team with most losses (6) and no draws at all.

- Thier away "goals for" records equals our team's home "goals for" record!

Over and over again, hope things go well :).
    The team need that win, remember after only three days we go to play Dynamo Kiev away...

8. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Well Owen seems to of began playing now, so I wouldnt worry too much about the goal ratio.

9. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    List for this game:
    Casillas, César, Michel Salgado, Mejía, Helguera, Pavón, Raúl Bravo, Roberto Carlos, Celades, Guti, Borja, Juanfran, Zidane, Solari, Figo, Owen, Morientes, Ronaldo y Raúl.

Apparently Figo is doubtful with tonsillitis and fever, so we could see Juanfran or Solari on the right (or Guti if GR decides to play Zidane and Celades in the middle).

by the way, got to be three points against Getafe. they've shown they can beat a good team but we seem to be getting on a good run here and iirc this game is at the Bernabeu... Hopefully we'll finally see a win by several goals!

10. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Anyone known if this will be live on goltv?

11. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    1 PM Eastern on Gol Tv.

12. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia and Barcelona have
    [result]drawn. A win could be a big step toward a reversal of fortunes in the table.[/result]

13. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I agree. This is an important week to make up points -- if we can get another win, we will have a nice little streak going, a little momentum, and make up some points in La Liga. STILL hoping for Ronaldo to get going; it doesn't seem like he can get any closer to scoring without actually doing it! Also, hopefully Figo quickly gets back to his usual best-RM-in-the-world form. Honestly, Getafe is a weak team that we should beat by a few goals. I hope we do, so we send a message to our opponents that we are back.

14. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    hope we have a happy anniversary for Raul! 10 years!

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Casillas
    Salgado Helguera Raul Bravo R. Carlos
    Raul Zidane Guti Solari
    Ronaldo Owen​

i'm not watching the game so i'm not 100% sure Raul is on the right.

8 min foul on Guti leads to a free kick in a dangerous area but Zidane's shot is well wide of the target.

11 min Getafe gets off a good shot (Cotello) over the bar.

17 min Pachon has a chance for Getafe with a free header but wastes it.

16. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Good to see Pavon OUT, even if it means RBravo is in. Again, no DMid -- it might work against smaller teams, but the offense really has to be clicking, playing well, and scoring lots if its gonna work against the big CL and La Liga teams.

Why is Figo out? Did he pick up an injury I'm forgetting about, or is he benched because he didn't play well against Valencia?

17. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Figo has tonsillitis and fever, but he's on the bench.

18 min Riki, from the Real Madrid cantera, takes a long shot on a counter which Casillas stops, the ball comes back to Riki on the rebound and Casillas saves again.

24 min first shot from open play for Real. Great pass by Zidane puts Ronaldo between the defenders and goalie but he shoots over the bar.

Roberto Carlos apparently bleeding from a cut lip.

18. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micheal Owen 38'

1-0

19. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    wow. the kid is getting into some form.

Ronaldo robbed the ball from a defender and fed Owen for the goal!!

20. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    Any webcasts or English commentary sites?

21. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
  22. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    He went from barely being able to tie his shoes to scoring at a rate that only Ronaldo usually can achieve! Now let's hold a lead, and hope that Ronaldo scores a few so that we will have 2 deadly strikers!

23. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He broke straight in on goal and finished with his *right* into the right side netting.

Fourth consecutive match with a goal for MO!

24. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Fire!

25. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    43'

Whistles from the crowd as Getafe controls well around the RM area. Comes to nothing, but Getafe has had some dangerous approaches throughout the first half.

1-0