Real Madrid Throwing Out First Pitch @ Cubs Game Friday

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by MLSinHD, Jul 14, 2005.

1. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Don't forget Kevin Kline in Dave. :)

2. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Greg Lewis threw a nice strike.

3. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Raul's was way high and slightly wide. Nice grab by Zambrano to avoid the wild pitch.

4. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when i said he was gay, i didnt mean it in a homosexual way at all. it was more of just me saying "how could you not like baseball". i would never make a comment to someone on a board like this trying to put them down because they are gay. there is nothing wrong with that. i used the word with a completely differant meaning. its part of my vernacular, and when i use it like that it has nothing to do with sexual preferance at all. sorry if i offended anyone, i didnt realize it would make so many people mad. not how i meant it.
    seacrest out.

5. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    too bad GW idn't do as good of a job pitching social security.

6. If he bounced a googly up there the Cubs would try to sign him for their bullpen.

7. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    That sounds funny. What's a googly?

8. chitownboi

chitownboi Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Chicago
    Was Raul the only one that threw?

9. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And of course bowling isn't the only throwing that cricketers do. The fielding is like baseball, but without gloves.

Raul, eh? Just seems really surreal...

10. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Yup. The other two were laughing at him. One of them actually had to point at which way to throw. It was pretty amusing.

11. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It is indeed funny. But while we laugh at them for throwing worse than a girl, I wonder if they laught at us or the Cubs for their salaries and lack of hysteria so to speak. In other words, who makes more money? The average Cub or the average player for Real Madrid? Who could have a choice of hundreds of willing concubines, so to speak.... I mean, I'd wager that the players for Real Madrid are far more idolized and paid than the average Cub. I would also have loved to have known what were the Cubs thinking about these soccer players.

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The average Cub player makes more, but Madrid's highest paid players make much more. That's team versus team though. Sport versus sport there is no question. The average NBA and MLB players make much more than the average players at major soccer clubs. The top players are as follows.

Top three highest paid soccer players in the world.

1. Beckham ---- $28 million
    2. Ronaldo ----- $19 million
    3. Zidane ------ $16 million

There's a big drop off after that, even at Madrid.

Comparable NBA
    1. Shaq ---- $32 million
    4. Hill ------ $26 million
    10. Yao ---- $16 million

MLB
    1. A-Rod ----------- $26 million
    5. Mike Mussina ---- $19 million
    11. Randy Johnson - $16 million

Though, to be fair, the MLB salaries don't include any endorsements what so ever. The others do.