Real Madrid ruining Robinho

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ronaldooooo!, Aug 25, 2006.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He only got to play 13 minutes against a well organized Villareal defense. Hopefully he can get more playing time in the future, but I have a feeling Capello is going to leave on the bench for a good part of this season.

2. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    well i expected that! i dont think he believes that he belongs plus comming in late like that says to him that he is not in the teams plan for the future but if he started in the game he would have givenway balls but there would have been some few occassions where he could have made good of those runs because he would have had time to settle down and get into the flow of the game but there was not enough time to get into the flow of the game because he came in very late!

3. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    like everyone says, it isnt a justified arguement if he only had 10-13 minutes of play

4. Socnut

Socnut New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Canada/USA
    It does not look like Robinho and Julio Baptista have any future with Real Madrid. Both players have too much talent to warm RM's bench. I love to watch Robinho play for 90 minutes. I went to see him and Diogo in Brazil in Santos uniform for two games. It was a real treat to watch those two play togather. Diogo is in the right track now, Robinho is in the wrong track. He should leave RM. Go somewhere in Europe such as Germany where he can get 90 minutes playing time. I watched today's RM's game. Robinho came in 77 th minute. Just boring defensive game, not the kind of a game a player like him shines. So I say: Run Robinho Run from RM! BTW Cicinho is for sale now!

5. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i think he should just go to another spanish team as la liga suites him well

6. RONALDO......LEGEND

RONALDO......LEGEND New Member

May 9, 2006
    Wouldnt people view it as him failed in Real Madrid?? Like Requelme viewed by some people.

I think he should be patient, work hard and make sure when he get a chance he cement his place in starting line up.

7. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    who cares, he might succeed in another team like Requelme has at Villareal

also i was over at the Real Madrid board and many think that Capello(sp?) is restricting Robinho in what he is allowed to do, if that is so than Robinho better get the hell out of there fast, same goes to Cicinho as Capello is bring a Catenaccio style to Real Madrid

Edit:also the whole point of these players going abroad is to get money and play at the highest level for the national team, he wont get called up if he isnt playing

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Liverpool do not have depth. That was what I said. Notice how I highlighted Liverpool when I quote you.

Beyond the starting team they don't have anyone. In fact, their starting 11 alone is quite weak when paired up side-by-side to big European clubs.

And you lost me with your edit, I wasn't referring to your grammar at all. And you obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Riquelme played for Barcelona not Real Madrid...

10. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    what are you talking about, yea they do have depth and there first 11 can stack up against many of the big European squads, dont forget they won the CL a year ago with a much weaker team then what they have now

11. MichaelJohn

MichaelJohn New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    North America
    I don't think so. Look at how people consider Diego or Luís Fabiano. Both are doing well with their current clubs. It seems that they weren't failures at Porto; instead, the problem was elsewhere.

12. camilop

camilop New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Gainesville, Miami
    Liverpool does not have depth. At least, not any depth worth talking about, and least of all up front, which is where this discussion about depth started.
    Arsenal, on the other hand, they might not have depth, as in having subs, but that's less of a depth problem than it is a lack of structure up front problem. The lynchpin of the offense is obviously Henry, while the rest kind of shift around him. So Wenger hasn't settled into a real starting lineup for his offense, it doesn't really matter, depth is concerned with having a number of talented players, and Arsenal definitely has that at the front, what with Adebayor, Van Persie, Rosicky, Walcott, so on and so forth.

As for robinho being ruined by real madrid, well, I'm in the camp of people that think south american players should try and spend their whole careers in south america. Just for love. So I'm thinking it's his fault for going to Real in the first place

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ouch...where to begin.....

Goalkeepers: Reina, Dudek, Carson and Kirkland out on loan
    Defenders: Warnock, Riise, Carragher, Sami, Agger, Aurelio, Kromkamp, Finnan, Paletta
    Midfielders: Gerrard, Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Kewell, Zenden, Gonzalez, Pennant, Sissoko, Anderson
    Forwards: Crouch, Fowler, Kuyt, Bellamy, Mellor, Sinama Pongolle, Cisse (out on loan)

Don't exactly know what you mean by lacking depth. And what does side by side mean exactly? Liverpool won the CL with this squad, beating teams that would look better on paper. Rafa alternates just about as much, if not more, than any other team as well.

14. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    I remeber reading an article that stated that Robinho first choice was Barcelona but Barcelona didn't sign him cause they already have Lionel Messi.

Robinho needs to leave Real Madrid and go somewhere were they will appreciate his talent and his style of play. Robinho is at the age where he has to start. Robinho can't be a bench warmer he has to much skill and I don't want to see that go to waste.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Diego was always one of Porto's best players. Luis Fabiano was just horrid at Porto. Missing clear point blank shots, he still does it relatively often in Seville with regards to last season.

16. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    the whole team was garbage today.

17. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    having robinho next to eto'o,dinho and messi would not be a very bad idea ...... thinking ...mmmmmmm. i hope joan laporta reads this!;)

i hate real madrid and now i have more reason to hate them. the politics there is too much. how does beckham or raul get more playing time than robinho or baptista? huh! jezuussssssssss!!

18. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you could mix all those strikers you would still have a turd in your hands.
    The rest is fine.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Although I don't really care for Beckham. Raul is a classy player with alot to offer. I can understand why someone would put Raul infront of Robinho. With regards to Baptista, I think hes confused now. He has played in 3 different positions if I am not mistaken. Midfielder in Brasil, Striker at Sevilla, and now defensive midfeilder in Real Madrid. He might be doubting himself in what exactly he believes he can accomplish.

20. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i think we all have arrived to the conclusion that all the Brasilians in Real Madrid need to leave(atleast those with a future in the Selecao as R.Carlos retired and Ronaldo has a huge head of problems)

Cicinho i think will be the first as he already has a price tag, Robinho and Baptisita will soon follow if they are on the bench in place of players who are crap and offer less then they do to the team, especially Robinho who i strongly believe he is being restricited on what he can do by Capello

21. Mibu Clan

Mibu Clan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Bogota
    From what I read it looked as if he was SCARED to dribble, ImO it has to do with him believing that this way he'll have more time on the field... :eek:

Yes, Robinho scared to dribble, the same Robinho who was once (As I read) booked for Dribbling too much...

Interesting, when I knew Capello was coming to Madrid I feared for him... I even searched on Google if he had said anything about him...

He said something different though but still interesting (Something along the lines of this: "Ronaldinho en el Barca, excelente... Ronaldinho en el Madrid, Vulgar"

does he think Real Madrid play similar to Italian League!? This has as much represetntation as with Robinho because believe it or not, Robinho is similar to Ronaldinho on the whole playing for fun, infact Id say Robinho ecxeeds Ronaldinho at the ammount of time he dribbles...

Teso dos Bichos, Ive seen some good posts on your part, but when it comes to talking about Brazilians you always have this Bias against them... (Jealosy?)

As to the Van Persie- Robinho thing... Are you serious?

For one Robben is much better than Van Persie, and when Calderon made his "promises" all of us were against the buying of Robben because of Robinho... Every single member...

Robinho not a good player against big teams?
    Jesus, he didnt give Brazil any depth when he entered against France right?

It just shows how much youve seen of him, not including the fact taht everyone in the Madrid support him because of his great talent...

So if you have nothing constructive to say (Like saying RvN is better than Ronaldo... :rolleyes: ) Id reccomend leaving...

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With Capello as a coach it's going to be tough for Robinho to get playing time. Like others have said, it's may be a good idea for him to move on to another team that suits his style. At the same time (Elado don't jump on me for saying this), I do believe he needs to improve his game in order to truly become a great player. Part of that process maybe finding a team that can unlock his potential much like Ronaldinho at Barcelona.

23. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    he has to decide whether CL is important as the only other teams i see him playing in are out of Europe, i can see him for some reason playing for Deportivo la Coruna(SP) as they need that offensive spark that they had a few years ago when they were always contenders in La Liga and getting deep in CL

24. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    It pained last game to see Robinho on the bench till he was brought in with 15 minutes left in the match. I think Capello has no plan for him. and sadly is ruining the great talent of Robinho. This was supposed to be his YEAR, i repeat again "his year" to show the World who he truly is. However, with Capello in charge, I'm not sure if Robinho will last the whole season with Real. He might ask out if the coach continues to bench him mid way through the season.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    IMO it's more important for him to concentrate on improving his game. That will only come with playing time. He is still young and he should have plenty of chance to play in the CL in the future.