Real Madrid is searching for a new centerback to buy in January

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Nov 13, 2003.

1. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    This is getting a little off the CB topic, but I was very impressed with Jurado at the U-17s; I think that he will end up somewhere in terms of skill and talent somewhere hopefully around an Aimar or Zidane (we can hope). He is a talented and cunning attacking mid, and I have great hope for him...I remember seeing him on the bench for one of the CL games a while back, but he didn't get in. Juanfran I haven't seen much of, but he sounds like a good player in a place where we may need help. This is the first I've heard of Mejia, but any young, promising centerback in the RM system sounds good to me.

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Valdano hints no new galactico

http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2003/12/30/liga/1072743400.html

Valdano has said that Real Madrid may not after all sign another "crack" or "galactico" next summer. His reasons are that, first of all, he (and Perez) only consider the midfield and forwards to fit this description, and the team is already playing with players of this category in every position (except Helgeura in central midfield), and that 'there aren't many of them left' to sign, and finally he states that it isn't possible to always be successful in transfer negotiations.

If this is an indication that the team may choose to strengthen the squad's depth I'm all for it, but as Perez has another election coming up, I would bet he will still go for another megastar signing. It will depend on how Madrid does in la liga and especially the champion's league, I think.

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    PINKO LINKO

Three Kings comes early this year! Mr Ed says he wants to stay at Manchester and that a new contract would be finalised very soon.

Oh happy day!

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    One can only hope this means they'll be in the market for a 'non-crack' but definitely in potential as good a player on the field. Any of the young talents in the Spanish national team come to mind.

5. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I am very, very happy that they will not be signing a big name attacker, if that really is the case. The team we have now is perfect in terms to attacking(maybe Zidane is getting a little old, but still is the best in the world), and we need a solid defender or two and we can then really start dominating CL, Liga, King's Cup, etc. If they can sign Alex or Chivu or van Buyten or someone like that, I think we will soon be able to witness something spectacular.

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    No news. The only news are that Valdano has said two or three times in the last days that "We won't sign a CB, at least we find a very good offer"

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thanks. That probably meant no centerback.

9. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Last rumour about sign a new player in January: Nicky Butt from Manchester United.

It's the Marca first page today. They say that he could be "the very good offer" that Valdano was waiting.

Personally, i don't think so. He is midfielder. We have in that position Beckham, Helguera, Cambiasso, Guti, Borja.

Although, one option would be to put Helguera as CB, quit Pavon or Raul Bravo, and have a English midfield with Butt and Beckham. The result would be:

casillas,
    Salgado, Heguera, Raul Bravo, Roberto Carlos
    Figo, Butt,Beckham, Zidane
    Raul, Ronaldo

Anyway, i think that behind this rumour is the Butt agent.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,435450,00.html

10. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
    what ever happened to this alex kid us and milan were after??? damn i thought he would come in cheap for a winter signing. dont know much about him other that hes built like a tank and he scored a goal in the pre-olimpic qualifiers the other night.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Butt would not solve anything. Yes, he is a midfielder.... not a bad midfielder, but he is not too good either. his impact will be mininum.

Some English news.... on Butt to Real Madrid.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s6935.html

12. Real Madrid

Real Madrid BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 1999
    New York, NY
    The bad thing about Butt is that he has played for ManU in the Champions already this year... am I wrong?

13. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I think you're right, not 100% sure either. But besides that i don't think he's good enough for Real. Wouldn't add much to the team and would not solve our defensive problem. If they wanted a holding midf, they should have got Davids on a short term contract !

14. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
    as much as i think Butt would help, there is NO way Florentino would give the stamp of approval to bring him over.

15. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    i want them to get alex from santos, that guy is gonna be good