Real Madrid CF vs RCD Mallorca|La Liga|06-17-07[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by nuff_said, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Real Madrid CF vs RCD Mallorca
    12 Matches - 12 Finals

[​IMG]

• Date: 17 June 2007, Sunday
    • Time: TBD
      Mallorca Current League Form/ Standing: WWLLD - 12th
      Mallorca-Sevilla 0-0
      Athletic-Mallorca 1-0
      Mallorca-Valencia 0-1
      Racing-Mallorca 0-2
      Mallorca-Osasuna 3-1

Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

[​IMG]
    If Real Madrid drew this match...
    Destiny would find a way to make Sevilla and Barca lose​

• VERY Relevant Fixtures
      17/06/2007 Gimnàstic v Barcelona
      17/06/2007 Sevilla v Villarreal

2. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    I know it is very premature but I can't help it :( I never thought I would be able to use those icons I made this season

3. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Fantastic thread nuff. I can't wait for this game.

Besides postgame sugar, Worldsport occasionally shows the pregame Bernabéu. I think that most of you don't get this, so I put together a 2006/2007 Bernabéu Video last night. I also included clips of goals that show the stadium and some celebrations with the crowd. It's very corny, I used the himnos because...well because.

I'm smiling reading about some of you thinking about going to Madrid next week. In the last week, I also was making plans to go too. I had organized most of the arrangements, was waiting to finalize them, but alas, there is some business I must handle, so I had to cancel. Making this video really made me want to go even worse, but it was just not to be. I guess maybe I'll go to the next clasico.

Bernabéu 06/07 (download-best quality)

Bernabéu 06/07 (dailymotion)

Poor quality - youtube (but it's fun to embed videos, so I'll put it here, but I recommend dailymotion or the download.)

[youtube]9HsX2vtqt1U[/youtube]

4. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    Nice Job Horsy.. you da gurl!

5. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Too bad I can't rep you; someone needs to change this rule - pointless.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice thread nuff. i'm out of rep though, so sucks for you.

7. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Campeones Campeones Ole Ole Ole!!!!!!!!

8. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would rep when I can.

But freaking nice thread nuffy, as per usual. :D

9. miensoccer

miensoccer New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    USA
    Is Beck still play on this game ?

10. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I can't wait for this match man! It's going to be the most anticipated match ever! Really hope we'll win. No. We will win this match for sure. It's been 3 years, that drive will definately push our players. This is where it all comes down to.

This is the year where I really began to support Real Madrid ALOT. In the past, I only went to my friends house to watch some matches. Sure, it affected my mood but never had I felt like this before. Never had I screamed a goal so loud before. Never had I felt like punching the wall when we lost.

I'm going to ask IvanHelguera if he wants to watch it together :D Anyone else lives in Singapore?

11. cybercraft

cybercraft New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Sing
    *raise my hand*

12. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    You guys should create a Singaporean supporters club, Go to football crazy and represent! (Do you guys watch that show? :p )

13. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    OMG SERIOUS?! Do you go to any particular place to watch Real Madrid play? Or do you watch at home?

nuff_said, there was a poll conducted I think last year or something, they questioned which team in Spain is the most supported club. Barcelona won by a huge margin. :(. I don't think there's alot of Real Madrid supporters in Singapore. VERY few watch spanish league. Everyone is so obsessed over England.
    And nope, never watched that show before. It'll be cool to go on TV though! :D

14. cybercraft

cybercraft New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Sing
    Like you said, very few watching La Liga in Sing (though I see lots of people wearing 'whites'). I always watching at home, living at AMK. Yes I see that show, sadly if they mention something from La Liga, most of the time is all about Beckham.

15. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IIRC, the latest one I have read about shows I think Manchester United as top, Real Madrid second, and about three other clubs before Barcelona, which has about 35 million supporters worldwide. We have like 150+ million worldwide. Can't remember where I found it ><

Never underestimate Brand Beckham Inc. :)

16. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Capello says...

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Has anyone heard/read anything about when decisions will be made regarding players leaving for NT competition?

I am assuming Diarra, Gago and Robinho will be allowed to stay. I am also assuming Arango will head to Venezuela to play for his team.

Edit: Just read that Venezuela isn't getting together until the 18th, so Arango will probably be available.

18. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think this will be an easy match. Looking at Mallorca's form, they managed a draw with Sevilla, and only narrowly lost to Sevilla. We also had a tough time against them earlier this season. Of course, that was during the period where we scored like 2 goals in 7 matches.

It could be worse though. At least it's not Tenerife.

19. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid are not champions yet. On paper this looks like a walk over but look what happened lat night in Camp Nou. Espanyol, who conincidentally had nothing to play for, tied against Barcelona. Mallorca are not coming to lie down here and watch us stroll to Cibeles. Barcelona reject Maxi Lopez would love nothing more than doing his club a favour.The same bad luck that happened to Barcelona last night could very well happen to us this sunday, God forbid.

Talk of the 30th and "Campeones oee oee" chants is very premature and could leave some wiping egg of their faces. Thankfully the players have calmed down afer the crazy events of last night and were very pragmatic in their post match interviews. It's imperative that we remain focused and treat the game like a battle for our lives.

20. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am guessing that Gimnastic are going to let Barca win. Do you reckon Gimnastic will play Portillo? Say, just in case Portillo somehow manages to hold Barca all on his own.

21. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    I agree that the players shouldn't think the league is won. The players should always approach every game with respect. But let's be clear. Barca drew with Espanyol because they are sh!te. It wasn't bad luck. They are a team in shagram. They are only within touching distance because the Racing game was stolen from us. Add those stolen points to our tally and we would be champions today.

Whoever wins the league, let's not pretend Barca are unfortunate not to be top. If anything, they are far higher in the table than they deserve to be. "Bad luck"? They punched the ball in the net ffs.

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'm sure we were all cursing Messi as much as each other but when I mean bad luck I mean not converting your chances. I would say we had abad luck last night against Zaragoza. They got a penalty and a break away goal whilst we created lots of chances but just couldn't convert them. IMO that constitutes as bad luck. The highlight reel showed a lot of chances for Barcelona as well yet they could not convert. On another day they could have put one more of those chances away and the league would be over.

Looking at the situation from a liberal point of view they did have bad luck. I've come on to the forums after we have lost or drawn and created bad several chances but we just couldn't convert and the general consensus was that we were unlucky.

If we tie or lose to BMallorca next week and create 24 clear goal scoring opportunities but somehow manage to squander them all then I would deem us to be unlucky. I'm in no way trying to suggest this has been the story of Barcelona's season because it hasn't.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree, Espanyol - Barcelona is like Atletico - Real Madrid.Espanyol players have been talking about the match all week, saying that they still remember how their are being received year for year.

I agree.I hope the team will work harder than ever and stay focused throughout the week for this.

24. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valid point as of course there is the element of city pride but I discounted this along with the bags full of money they would have received by obtaining a positive result. My original statement was in relation to their league status which could not be significantly changed irrespective of the result. Their morale wouldn't have took such a battering if they had lost like say Zaragoza's whose Uefa Cup status cold have been cast into doubt had they lost their game.

25. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    The only thing that worries me about Mallorca is that the few times I've watched them they've played a la Roma, without a striker but with a lot of wingers/attacking midfielders. For Cannavaro and Helguera, that kind of mobility and speed is a big problem. Hopefully Torres can make it back.