Real Madrid CF vs Espanyol |La Liga|05-12-07[R] (II)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by laudrup, May 12, 2007.

1. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    That's the one. +1 to the fans for being classy.

2. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    ^Our Ultras are actually "friends" with the ultras of espanyol. Hate for barca brings us closer together :)

When (time and 1st/2nd half) did they raise that banner btw?

wtf :p ! I would've given Gonzo a car filled with watches worn by models inside an airplane
    [​IMG]

3. redondo4me

redondo4me New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
    just one word to describe this match - Surreal !!
    The bouncer in the pub I was with my GF had to come to me and ask me to relax :) I have never ever acted to jumpy and loud and screaming in my life !!
    I would have given anything just to be there in the stadium that day ... those of you who were there -- I envy you :)

Lets hope the good times keep-a-rolling ...

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You take your GF to watch Real Madrid games?

How romantic... not.

:D

5. mauritz

mauritz New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Jönköping, Sweden
    Spending quality time together:D

I always force mine to watch the games with me if she's in town when Real's on TV...;)

6. Aragorn00

Aragorn00 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Madrid,Spain
  7. redondo4me

redondo4me New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
  8. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    :D me too great stuff

9. btha

btha Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iceland
    Oh that needs to be longer, when people actually calmed down a little the entire stadium started singing "ole ole" and "asi, asi, asi, gana el madrid!" :)

10. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sid Lowe's article is out. Needless to say he had a something bad to say about Madrid.

:mad:

LINK

11. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    ^ Whatever, Sid.

Okay, NEXT:

Nice interview with Higuain from AS - translated on rm.com

Funny part:

Q: How did you feel when the ball went in? That feeling must have been better than a wild night with Pamela Anderson!
    A: (Laughs). It was amazing for a kid my age. It was truly incredible. I was unleashed, but so was the rest of the squad. The reaction on the bench and on the stands was incredible.

12. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^Lol, funny reporters.

13. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Link? :D

14. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    Found this sick clip on Youtube :D

[youtube]HqXKPYsYerM[/youtube]

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Unforgetable night!

It will be a match that will be watched over and over again for many years to come, especially if we win La Liga.

16. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    ^^This match made us believers and convinced us in a way that this is our year :cool:

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sir, are SO right!

No matter how much goals they score against us we dont give up!

True Madridismo!

18. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Legacy, be sure to post this in the sticky thread so we can all enjoy this particular video repeatedly.
    That is one of the best made ones I've seen. It gave me chills. Brought back every emotion I felt during the game. Nice focus on Raul doing what he does best as captain: spurring on the others to not give up. You could see it in his face after the second goal when he slammed his hands down on the pitch: sheer determination and leadership.

Forget the Classico videos. I wish someone had a quality DVD for sale of this game. It's a classic, IMO. One that I will never forget (until senility sinks in, of course!)

Thank you for posting, Legacy. Tried to rep, but you know.........

19. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    Done :D

I totally love how Raul showed his spectacular character during the match :cool:

20. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man I've watched it 3 times over already. I could watch it over and over and still not get bored of it.

It made me kinda sad to see Pavon jumping around, ecstatic and hugging Helguera so tight at the start of the vid. If maybe he was a little more gifted, or he came down with a flu the day of the 6-1 hammering, he may well have had more of a future at Madrid.

21. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    madridismo: Respect for Pavon; he may be a now aging player, biding his time for a place which seems unlikely, but he still has heart for the cause. Bravo!

22. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't call him an ageing player, he's only 26 right now and if you look at it one way, then he has his best years ahead of him. Its a mystery what happened to him really, because he seemed decent enough when he first came through in 2003 as a first team regular.

The club has probably been unfair on him, and it sends shivers through me as much as the next person when I see him warm up, but I feel he should get atleast one chance to make amends after that 6-1, just like Helguera did. In my mind he is not good enough maybe to be a Real Madrid player much longer, but good ol' Paco has never complained even though he hasn't played a single minute this season. Again, if he were just a little better, then with that attitude he would have been the perfect squad player.

Even though we're having the likes of Metzelder and Sergio Sanchez, who are both much better than Pavon coming to the first team next season, I still have a soft spot for Minambres and Paco. Hopefully they both will have bright futures at other top clubs.

23. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The last time I heard his age he was 23 .. go figure. :p

24. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tribal football tells you a lot of wrong things!

25. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Pavon broke into the first team on October 2001 and for a stretch of the (iirc) 2002-2003 season the duo Helguera-Pavon was the best CB pairing in Europe in terms of goals against, with defensive stats not seen since the 96-97 Capello season and not emulated since. He also got a call to a NT training camp, although he withdrew through injury and in any case there weren't any games scheduled, it was just a "get-to-know-each-other" kind of thing.

I remember two stellar games he played: against Roma in the CL in 2001 he simply obliterated Batistuta, who was then still one of the best strikers in the world, and in one game against Barcelona he kept Rivaldo very quiet, which was a feat considering how he always scored them in pairs against us.