Real Madrid-AS Roma to be on YES network

Discussion in 'Spain' started by sixer1, Aug 2, 2002.

1. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    the real madrid-roma friendly will be on the yankees entertainment and sports network (available on directv) thursday night at 9:30 pm et on a 2 hr tape delay

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I noticed this the other day. I wonder if this is a one time deal because they are desperate for programming or if they really will be able to show United and Celtic matches in the future.

3. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    i gotta believe it's a one time deal, the most probable reason for them to carry the game is that it's being played at the meadowlands

4. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    How many tickets have been sold to the game?

5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
  6. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Oh dear.

Being a Red Sox fan, I'm morally opposed to the YES network. But it is a good match...

7. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
  8. BazoDee!

BazoDee! New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    B'klyn
    Who else is out?

Alright, on the posters I've seen for this match, they listed all the "stars" (Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Figo, etc.). I don't want to lay out $50 bucks to see benchwarmers. So, who else will be MIA?

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I've only heard of Totti's injury.

Besides the "benchwarmers" of Real and Roma are still talented players and they will have much more to play for.

10. BazoDee!

BazoDee! New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    B'klyn
    Yeah, go out and try to prove something, give it that extra effort only to be rewarded by hitting a Meadowlands pothole and tear an acl or something. Don't get me wrong BC, but I don't think that these guys are going to go all out to "make the team".

This is probably the worst field they've ever played on.
    It's going to have gridiron marks. (Que son esas linas?)
    This IS the US (they don't exactly hold us in the highest regards footballwise).
    And they're coming to NYC (more so for the sightseeing, partying, etc. than for football).

I'm postponing a trip to DC to see this match (why didn't they have it in RFK?) and I'd like to see these guys, snap a few pics, even of their "benchwarmers", but Giants Stadium's field is HORRENDOUS. When they do a pre-match field inspection I expect the respective coaches to think more about their season openers and CL, and issue maximum caution.

11. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the Yes network. First it gave the Metros better coverage on MSG, and now it's saving me $50.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Is this YES channel available on Dish Network, too?
    FSW is gonna broadcast this game live to South-America. I sent them an e-mail asking if it was gonna happen in the US, they didn't respond, so I looked at their programming schedule (available at www.fswe.com ) and figured it out. Maybe they change, cuz I wanna tape it for my dad, since he gots to go to work and can't go watch it.

13. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    BazoDee!: raul and guti will not play on thursday due to them playing yesterday against bayern

14. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    these are the real madrid players who are traveling to ny:Cesar, Helguera, Celades, Morientes, Casillas, Flavio, Makelele, Savio, Michel, Figo, McManaman, portillio, Robert Carlos, Solari, Cambiasso, hierro, Miñambres, Pavón and Zidane.

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For some people just 3 players might no be really known.
    I think Portillo is a forward, and Valdano, particularly, is looking forward to him being a 1st team regular this season.
    Francisco Pavon plays as stopper and seems to be the natural continuation to Hierro, as he plays with a lot of smarts and reads the game very well, just like Hierro.
    About Minambres, I've got no antecedents on.

16. KentonGomez

KentonGomez New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Manhattan, NY
    anyone know where Real wil be staying in the NY area? Perhaps know where i can find out?

17. jitojo

jitojo New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Seattle
    Hi,

I'm from Spain and live in Washington and I would like to know if this game in going to be on regular TV. Like cable or something like that.
    Also Raul is not playing and Ronaldo won't play for Real Madrid next year. You can get more news about La Liga here;

www.marca.es

Tnanks in advance.

18. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Why are you saying Ronaldo won't be playing for Real next season?

As far as I know this match is only on the YES Network.

19. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    New York Greet Real
    There were some followers waiting for the players at the airport terminal. Once in the hotel, some team members went for a walk in the Big Apple. Figo, Hierro, Morientes, Roberto Carlos and Salgado were some of the bravest ones to challenge New York traffic...
    Official RMCF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    "You really don't know who I am??? I played in the World Cup, damn it!"

21. jitojo

jitojo New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Seattle
    Why are you saying Ronaldo won't be playing for Real next season?

Ronaldo said that he didnt want to play for Inter anymore and Madrid was going after him. Inter said that wont transfer Ronaldo. He is staying at Inter.

You can read some more about this here...

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,173469,00.html

22. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Oh, I didn't know that's what you meant. I heard.

And I forgot to say,

Welcome to BigSoccer! :)

23. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    from yahoo espana:
    possible ALIGNMENTS.

REAL MADRID: Casillas; Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Robert Carlos; Flavio, Cambiasso; Figo, Zidane, Solari; and Morientes.

ROME: Pelizzoli; Panucci, Zebina, Samuel, Sartor; Tomic, Emerson, Guardiola, Tommasi; Batistuta and Montella.

cafu, delvecchio, fuser won't play

24. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    A lot weaker line-ups than originally anticipated...

25. sjjn

sjjn Member

Mar 29, 2002
    NYC
    ROMA ARRIVES

Just got back from lunch...

On my way down 53rd I ran into the entire Roma team getting off their bus...pretty cool. I was standing on the other side of the street when I noticed them, I screamed out PANNUCCI and he turned around, then Batigol got off the bus and Tommasi, so I was standing in the middle of the street chanting FORZA ROMA, FORZA GialloRosso...I think they got a kick out of it because I was screaming like a lunatic while hundreds of other people were streaming by completely oblivious to them. I think it's hard not to notice 20 guys wearing the same suit....