Real madrid and AC Milan to have public practices at SF

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Swede

Swede New Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Chicago IL
    I already bought tix to Real Madrids practice on July 16. The Fire actually has a game before their practice. Kinda cool.

3. Landon Donovan

Landon Donovan New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Comiskey Park
    Wow... you are off in so many ways.... "MERCY!"

4. BigRedEd97

BigRedEd97 New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago
    I believe Swede was being sarcastic.

5. Swede

Swede New Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Chicago IL
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Landon Donovan
    Wow... you are off in so many ways.... "MERCY!"

Nobody ever said Landon Donovan was the brightest kid on the block. ;)

6. BigRedEd97

BigRedEd97 New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago

Yeah, but that handle is doing the real Landon a disservice with responses like that. :rolleyes:

7. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I don't know, I'm pretty sure they both have sandy vaginas.

8. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    wait... you gotta pay to watch them practice?

is it no longer a public practice when they refuse admission to anyone who doesn't pay up?

f that.

9. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They might be dissapointed by the turnout....unless Chicago has hordes of squeeling teenage Chinese girls to see Beckham that I'm not aware of.

10. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    McDill printed emails from people on why attendance has not been so great this year. Reasons ranging from 'Traffic, Soldier Field sucks, parking, lack of talent, Wilt being fired, and quality of MLS play compared to Euro.'

11. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Last year about 15,000 showed up for Man Utd. practice, even though 80% of their first team players were absent. Considering Real will bring Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham, Raul & Co., I'd say there is a good chance that more people will show up.

12. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    my friend Jose and I are getting drunk and going to the Madrid practice for the sole purpose of mercilessly and constantly shi-ttalking any and all Madrid players. (note: Jose was born in Barcelona and is a life-long fan).

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Long live Barcelona. When the Fascists took power in Spain, the club went to Mexico to raise funds for the resistance. Long live Barcelona. ******** the fascists in Madrid.

14. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Manutd's practice free?

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God bless you. I would probably do the same, if I didn't think Madrid would get my money.

I wish they would train at ITT like England. I would love to remake the sign Madrid fans held up outside their training ground.

"Para vosotros putas y dinero, para nosotros indignacion"

And, of course I'd have a few choice words for Figo if he's still with them.

Visca Barça!

16. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Figo the turncoat deserves a good kick in the balls.

17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait, I am going to both practices no doubt about it. Usually when big clubs come to town they are missing some big stars or starters. When England came to town I thought about going but when I heard basically the entire starting team wasn't coming I was like WTF!!! But after hearing that just about everyone is coming I know I am going to the practices, I dont know whether I will go to the games though. :D

18. BigRedEd97

BigRedEd97 New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago
    Only for members of the One United North America fan club who purchased tickets for the game through Champions World. I believe practice tickets were about $15-$20 (can't remember, too long ago) for non-members.

19. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Yeah, I'm gonna try to roll in on my credentials... if not I made pretty good friends with an usher that said he'd be working this event and said he could get us in.

Hopefully Chivas can find a way to beat them.

20. manyou07

manyou07 New Member

Dec 23, 1999
    Anyone have any idea where they'll be practicing before Friday? I assume they'll come in earlier and be at a university. I was at IIT for England's "closed" practice and was let in with about ten other people, and though I'm sure this would be more high-profile, it'd be worth checking out.

nate granatir

21. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they're just going to have the one practice. I went to the Man United one in Seattle a couple years ago. I imagine it's going to be the same thing.

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They said Figo is coming along with the others. The only two that are for sure not coming are Woodgate and Samuel because of recovering from surgeries or something like that. Woodgate was basically gone last year from thigh injury and Samuel is recovering from broken bone in face. This should be awesome then in Chicago. :D