Real Betis vs Real Madrid. Copa Del Rey QF First Leg [18.01.06] [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From Sevillistas to Beticos! Big game for Real Madrid because it's a chance to improve on consistency. I feel this game will have a very similar pattern to the game we played at the San Mames a few weeks back. Betis will attack hopeing to gain a lead for the Bernabeu and will leave themselves exposed at the back. I think they have a lot of injury concerns with Olivera definitely out. Joaquin a serious doubt and possibly Assuncao as well. They are arguablly their best players although we have injury woes (Raul, Ronaldo and Garcia ). I think Zidane will be given a rest so too Ramos and Carlos with either Woody or Helguera coming in for Ramos and Bravo for Carlos. Gravesen and Guti will form the double pivot with Bap,Becks and Robinho just behind Soldado. Stranger things have happened but I can't see us looseing this game.

-------------------------Lopez-------------------------------

Cicinho-----------Woody------Mejia----------------------Bravo

-----------------Guti---------------Gravesen------------------

Beckham---------------Baptista------------------------Robinho

------------------------Soldado--------------------------------

2. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably SOL for a PP Live feed, right? Last cup game I think was on GolTV which isn't on PP Live anymore.

("SOL"- mierd* sin suerte) :)

3. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Caro can try the 4-4-2 formatiom, Bench baptista and put soldado and cassano upfront

4. Santiago23

Santiago23 New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Slovenia
    Don't fix it if it aint broken;)

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like the idea of starting Cassano and Soldado. I think once Betis let in 2 goals, they will fold.

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hopefully this goes well and we can rest some key players like Guti or Robinho in the next leg.

7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I watched the last cup game on my computer using SopCast, a great little program. The details are all at ********.COM, its not hard to use at all. The stream worked perfectly for me.

8. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Turns out Joaquin will be fit for the game as his injury against Athletico was only minor. However, Marca was saying that they may choose to rest him a head of the visit of Valencia and that Serra Ferrar may not be prepared to risk him. Yea, if we win this game then Betis might just come with a heads down attitude to the Bernabeu and we can roll them over quite easily.

9. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    cassano better start or else :mad:

but really if he doesnt start he should play at least 45 mins.

10. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Cassano will start after he loses all that weight he gained eating lasagna while he was inactive. ;)

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

lol i am suprised that someone has not found an article claiming how Cassano wants to leave the club because he can't get regular first team football. Patience is a virtue :p He will play when his time comes. We wouldn't want to rush him into his debut where he is not fully fit and then complain if he plays badly. Soldado is more than capable of playing there but I would be suprised not too see him get a run out on Wednesday.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Betis have spiraled down the table and clearly not the side that they were last season. With Los Blancos improving their recent form, I still don't see RMCF having any trouble beating the Andalucian side.

13. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
    Isn't Baptista broken? At least he doesn't work!;)

14. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

Who cares if he's broken. I just love seeing Baptista playing week in week out, for the pissed off look he has on his face 24/7.

15. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I dunno, baptista should be used for us as drogba is used for chelsea, big target man.Mybe that position is the best for him.For wed game , i hope cassano gets arun.

16. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

[​IMG]

I wouldn't like to see him when he is angry!:eek:

17. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i wouldn't like to see him on the pitch till he gets his ********** together.

18. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Baptista will get his shitt together soon enough

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    difference is...

Drogba.. USEFUL.. at times..

Baptista.. USELESS.. ALL THE TIME...

:cool:

20. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hum, I'm pretty sure his presence on the pich helped Guti and Zidane do some of their magic unchecked. Plus, he got a PK for us.

21. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have been crititcal of Baptista of late and we all accept that this criticsm is warranted. However, I think it's fair to say that this bad spell will end. To borrow a quote from Gaz; "Form is temporary but class is permanent." Baptista did not get bad overnight. His record at Sevilla is remarkable and I'm sure he will find his feet sooner rather than later. Some of the chances he has missed this season he would have scored in his sleep last year. People have pointed out a lot of others complaining of how people are now licking up to Zidane whilst once criticised him well it will be exactly the same in the case of Baptista. A strikers game is all about confidence and when you have none everything goes against you. For example look at Liverpool's Peter Crouch whom I must add Baptista is a much more prolific goalscorer than he. Once he found the net once he scored for the next 4 games or so.

I hardly think benching Baptista will do him the world of good. He knows he is not untouchable any way and will be removed when Ronaldo comes back so for now I am prepared to stick with him and Soldado. Baptista was played out of position at the start of the season and even now he's not playing in his favoured position. Baptista has never played as a striker but an AM. He likes to come from deep and is not used to being in the 6 yard box all the time. Soldado and Ronaldo are those type of strikers. As soon as Baptista scores one the gates will open! We must understand that the pressure he endures at Real Madrid is so much more intense than it was at Sevilla.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    this guys hairline is ************ED UP!!!! WHOA:eek:

23. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

Dammit you had to ruin it! I like Hulk Baptista better. Baptista Smash Puny Human ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

Oh and Youngstar you do realise that the hairline is probably shaved back a bit? I've seen quite a few NBA players who do it.

24. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Think Zidane will be rested. I don't think it would be smart to play him twice a week unless we really have to, even when CL starts up again, it might be better to bench him for La Liga games and only use him sparingly. If we want the best out of him we have to be careful with him and this should be easier to do when Cassano, Ronaldo and finally Raul regain fitness. For Wednesday's game just put Baptista in Zizou's role and play Soldado up front.

I also agree with being patient with Cassano, the last thing we want is to play him not fully fit and for him to injure himself.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Real_Madrid_for_life... do YOU realize your NOT suppose to push back the hairline that far back.. it messes up your hairline and aids in balding quicker.. you only push it back that far when your hair barber/cutter messes up and has to even things out..

i see your havent been around alot of black ppl to know:D