re: reply from in-demand

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by footiegrrrl, Sep 5, 2002.

1. footiegrrrl

footiegrrrl New Member

May 22, 2002
    Ohio
    I emailed Don Garber and sent copies of that email to Time Warner and IN-Demand (after sending a letter to Time Warner 2 days ago and a previous email to IN-Demand). Here's my original email and In-Demand's response:

Mr. Garber,
    IN-Demand has truly "screwed" loyal MLS fans who ordered the MLS shoot-out package. I ordered the MLS shoot-out package via Time Warner cable in my area and have enjoyed the 4-5 games each weekend - it's become a family event.
    My family also regularly travels to Columbus Crew games as we live about an hour away from the stadium.
    However, when the MLS shoot-out package was being promoted (and it even says so on your website) - it says "full MLS coverage regardless of originating network). NOW all of a sudden, since college football started, we only received 1 game on the shootout package out of the 3 games that were played on 8/31/02; we are not getting ANY games this weekend (9/7/02); and there are only 4 games throughout the whole of September advertised on the in-demand website.
    And worst of all, NO SCHEDULED PLAY-OFFS AT ALL!!!
    What is going on??? MLS shoot-out package was not advertised as 75% of the season and then you don't get to see the most exciting part of the year. We paid for MLS games and now college football is taking over all the channels previously designated for MLS. I don't know what kind of deal this is and who's fault it is...but Time Warner never responds to letters sent in with complaints and In-demand has failed to respond to any emails sent.
    My family loves soccer, we're even talking about season tickets next year, but if we can't get coverage ON A CHANNEL WE PAID FOR, then what is the point? It's like watching a television series or a movie and not getting to see the end. Why watch in the first place if you are only going to be frustrated?? And I'm not the only one...check out
    bigsoccer.com to see threads written by fans refusing to purchase this channel again, upset over lack of service, and furious over lies told when the channel was advertised on your commercials.
    I hope to receive a reply from MLS, but I won't hold my breath as both Time Warner and In-demand saw fit to take my money, not deliver the service promised, and not reply to my complaints or request for a partial refund.

here's their reply:

Last weekend, iN DEMAND was required to make changes in the MLS Shootout package due to broadcast transmission issues.

In light of these technical issues, iN DEMAND has been working to find a solution so it can continue to provide MLS games to its customers.

As a result, in order to ensure that we continue to broadcast as complete an MLS schedule as possible, iN DEMAND will be exhibiting a number of MLS games on a tape-delayed basis.

Please check our schedule at www.indemand.com for the MLS Shootout package schedule and for more details.

I hope everyone else out there is lighting up
    sports@indemand.com and writing to Don Garber via the mlsnet.com website to get something done about this!

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nothing like paying to watch a game that's already been played.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    aye, but it is better than not being shown at all

4. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Hey, Pollyanna, quit looking for the bright side. Soccer fans need more respect. Thanking people for screwing us ain't the way to get it.

5. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    sounds like my boss screwing me over and then saying "it's better than not getting a paycheck at all"

6. BLG

BLG Member

May 13, 2000
    Moses Lake, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't a halfway decent lawyer get your money back?

It sounds like false advertising.

7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks exactly...read the crew.com...it's getting ugly over there. There appears to be some kind of cable lover on board.

8. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Quality letter that hit all the pertinent points. Nice job.

9. Adrian

Adrian Member

Columbus Crew
    England
    May 9, 1999
    Plain City, OH, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Except that the advertising never claimed all the games would be shown, or that they would be shown live.

Elizabeth, you've been run on every thread about this so far, why don't you give it up?

10. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Spot on.

11. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never read anything about showing every game on any setup-cable,DishNetwork or Directv until I read this thread.I'm sorry,but to whine about no playoff schedules to a company that announced they would have the shootout about 10 days before the season started(and cable didn't get involved until week 2 or 3)is just somebody digging for schitt to be upset about.

Here's an idea.Maybe,just maybe,there isn't a playoff schedule out because*gasp*we don't know who is going to play who yet?

Are you the people that cry and complain about every announcer as if we have a history of quality commentators?

12. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    In the grrl's defense, they don't have to necessarily come out and say exactly that they're going to do something in order for them to be required to do it. Not that they have any reason to show every game, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was an InDemand customer too. I could be wrong on this one, but I'm guessing most of you smart guys who are saying she's just looking for something to complain about probably aren't sitting at home on Saturdays wishing there was a game or two to watch. If I were in these guys' positions, I would be doing the same thing.

Also, I could be wrong, but I thought those Shootout commercials actually did advertise that the games were going to be shown live?

13. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Maybe by live they mean not re-enacted :)

But seriously, I guess I can see both points but in the end you aren't going to change anything. Eventually it will get it's coverage until then we have to make do. It's getting better I think.