Re-broadcasts of old matches: info and discussion

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Apr 6, 2020.

1. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As evidenced by her name on the biggest building at the Nike Campus in Oregon.
    The largest footwear company on the Planet.
    HER NAME IS ON THE FRICKIN BUILDING
    mia2.jpg

Mia1.jpg

McSkillz repped this.
  2. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Thank you McSkillz for that fabulous recollection.

McSkillz and jnielsen repped this.
  3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are rapidly approaching the 1st Anniversary of the inaugural USWNT Match of the 2019 Women’s World Cup Tournament. We will all acknowledge and commemorate the anniversary of each USWNT Match in our own way. Although self-quarantined, my celebratory recognitions will be extensive, intensive and inevitably - - - will spill onto this electronic space.

You all realize that………….Right?

McSkillz repped this.
  4. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I will bunker down and protect myself as best I can. So:
    Give it your best shot I am prepared for your worst/best!!

5. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Well... I have yet to re-watch the Thailand match.

6. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have yet to watch the Thailand match . . .

7. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Thailand match is rated R, despite many requests, neither FIFA nor US Soccer wanted to live stream it. I haven’t seen it in months myself but I remember comparing it to the last season of Game of Thrones.

jackdoggy repped this.
  8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    A massacre!

9. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy anniv.png
    ♪♪ Haaaaaaappy anniversary to us
    Happy anniversary to us
    Happy anniversary to UUUUUuuuuuus
    Happy anniversary to us!!!! ♪♪

One year ago today - 366 days ago, a seismic event occurred in the Force eclipsed only by the original Big Bang. 23 Incredible American Female Souls stormed the Pitch in Reims and into History. Their subsequent march to the Championship had them both literally and figuratively conquering the Continent of Europe, the entire Planet and the totality of the Universe.

reims1.jpg

I (like many posters on this Board) was fortunate to be born with an extra chromosome that allows us to recognize, absorb and withstand the Complete and Total Awesomeness of the United States Women’s National Soccer Team. It’s a real thing…….look it up in the New England Journal of Medicine.

final chrom.png

For those oversensitive, ridiculous curmudgeons (who seem to be concentrated in the hierarchy of the USSF membership) ((and I’m talking to you specifically Stephen Flamhaft)) who were not born with this additional chromosome - - - don’t think of it as 13-0………. rather, think of this particular result as:

ATG – 5
    Thailand – 0
    -and-
    Samantha Mewis – 2
    Thailand – 0
    -and-
    Rose Lavelle – 2
    Thailand – 0
    -and-
    Lindsey Horan – 1
    Thailand – 0
    -and-
    Megan Rapinoe – 1
    Thailand – 0
    -and-
    Mallory Pugh – 1
    Thailand – 0
    -and-
    Carli Lloyd – 1
    Thailand – 0

Ya see, it doesn’t look so bad.

The only thing bad about USWNT Matches is you can only replay them 16 times in one 24-hour period.

McSkillz and Klingo3034 repped this.
  10. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Ironically... I can’t find a full replay of this match anywhere. Any help available?

11. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    jnielsen, McSkillz, jackdoggy and 4 others repped this.
  12. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jnielsen repped this.
  13. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eiffel-tower.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaah June 16th, 2019, a date not soon forgotten. The City of Lights – possibly a Stage worthy of THE ONLY TEAM THAT MATTERS. For on that day, this individual became the 24th most popular Woman in Paris France……………..
    mona-lisa.jpg

The Stadium was bursting with humanity and overflowing with excitement. THIS Match, THIS Crowd was the first true gauge of the popularity and drawing power of these Women and just exactly how many U.S. fans had made the trip. For on that day, 23 priceless masterpieces were on the Pitch at Parc des Princes……... not in some Museum.

To this day, I’m proudest of T’s performance, first appearance and start of this World Cup Tournament and she seemed to thrive in that pressure filled environment. Watch the tape, her corner kicks were rifled into the box with laser beam precision.

McSkillz repped this.
  14. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    #139 zdravstvuyte, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    I've fallen down the rabbit hole of video tape...

jackdoggy repped this.
  15. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
  16. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooooooh Z, you're just full of surprises.
    At least I know what I'm going to do in Quarantine for the next 2 weeks:D:D

17. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Can't....Stop...

jackdoggy and Klingo3034 repped this.
  18. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    June 20th - up to the Coast, back to Le Havre, as Rob Stone pronounces it “Lee Have Ray” unlike the silly French who pronounces it “Lou Ouve”. Besides the Atlantic at 35,000 feet, the only water I saw in 6 weeks during the entire trip.
    LeHavre.jpg

Distance to Stockholm – 988 miles; Distance to Chicago – 4,034 miles……. nooooo problem. I remember the Yellow shirts as generally a friendly bunch, there must have been 1,000-1,200 Swedes at the Match and they definitely held their own in the Bars Post-Match. They had that Scandinavian vibe of nothing was going to stand in their way of having a good time.

A very settling feeling obtained with the Lindsey Goal 2:40 into the Match:
    lind.jpg
    And a Tobin Heath Goal very early in the second half.

Free - Tobin’s - Goal !!
    Free - Tobin’s - Goal !!
    Free - Tobin’s - Goal !!
    Free - Tobin’s - Goal !!

group f.jpg
    At this point of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup Tournament - - - - -

Momentum……………...…......………….building
    Excitement………………...……......…….building
    Blood Alcohol Concentration…..…building​

Semblance17 repped this.
  19. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Watching the replay, at 30:15, had Becky Sauerbraunn, not kicked that ball, that look almost own goal, it would have been a goal because of the curve and Alyssa Naehar was not near the far post.

20. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    June 24, back home, back to Reims, back to the best venue of the WWC - - - and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Reims is the epicenter of the Champagne Region.:D:D
    prosecco.png

Pre-match, in what many called the Casanova Move of the Tournament…..we had an Engagement on the Concourse:
    couple.png

This Match proves that your heart can be in your throat for 2 hours straight and still survive. 2-1 never looked so good. Post-Match celebration in Downtown Reims was exuberant, intense with a touch of relief.
    megan.jpg

Time to pack up the gear and head to Paris.
    0-1.jpeg

zdravstvuyte and Semblance17 repped this.
  21. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On July 10, 2011, an athletic event occurred universally recognized as:
    • THE Quarter-final
    • The Quarter-final to end all Quarter-finals
    • The Quarter-final that all other Quarter-finals want to grow up to be.
    AliK.jpg

I don’t know if that Match can ever be eclipsed, replaced or surpassed…….. but on June 28, 2019 in Paris France, a valid argument could be made. A Match anticipated for 202 days by every Soccer Fan after the WWC Draw - - actually materialized, came to fruition and made History. There are unconfirmed reports by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory from celestial data gathered by the Very Large Array in New Mexico suggesting for that 2 hours……the Earth stopped spinning on its Axis.
    array 93e5bb.jpg

In hindsight, I should have purchased 3 additional tickets so I could have been accompanied to the Match by a priest, a paramedic and a massage therapist.

paris.jpg

How did the USWNT prevail? How did the USWNT triumph?
    • More Guts?
    • Sheer Heart?
    • Superior Mental Fortitude?
    Yes, to all the above, however My Little Soccer Buddies, never have you witnessed a better example of the allusive, indefinable quality of Complete and Total Awesomeness than that which was on display on the Pitch at Parc des Princes.

After this Match, it would have been appropriate, justified and Karmarific if Gandhi would have suddenly appeared on the Pitch – raised his arms to the Heavens – and declared the termination of all Athletic Competitions of any kind from that point forward on this Planet. While understanding and fully accepting such a decree, I would have been disappointed because I did have tickets for the Semi’s and Final down in Lyon.

So far, I’ve been watching the replay of every USWNT 2019 WWC Match at least twice on its Anniversary Date. Yesterday, I couldn’t resist watching USA-Fra twice on the pre-Anniversary Date. Today, on the actual Anniversary Date………..well you know what’s going to happen.

jnielsen and zdravstvuyte repped this.
  22. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    July 2, 2019, The Semi’s, England, and no matter how emotionally drained and mentally exhausted the WWC Tournament had caused you to be……………. you find another gear.

That gear was obtained because of the reinvigoration by the 2nd wave of US Fans – the people that only bought the Championship Ticket Package. Hey, they just got to France, they were raring to go and dying to catch up. And believe me when I tell you, there were some real Rascals in that bunch.:D
    kc2.jpg

Oh yeah, and these incredible American Women provided substantial celestial motivation.
    preEng peg.jpeg
    I must confess that I have rewound and played this pass too many times to count. So sick.
    The absolute perfect, accurate, flawless, precise pass.
    Lindsey Horan is a Magician.
    horan.jpg
    atg.jpg
    And of course, a luxurious by-product of the result….our ol’ buddy Phil (seen here in his natural state) does not advance.
    phil.jpg

We defeat Sweden, Spain, France and England and yet - - - our Heroines are not quite finished.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    by product of humongous/massive infrastructure in woso that dwarfs everybody else in comparison???

24. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Italy v Nederlands

jackdoggy and Klingo3034 repped this.
  25. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    August 9th..........in a much better year.