Re: Altidore at Villarreal, III. [Mult. Rs]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by JuanPeron, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Re: Altidore at Villarreal, cont'd. [Mult. Rs]

For tomorrow's match against Numancia.

2. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland

So much for Rossi feeling ready to play. :rolleyes:

3. CHthirteen

CHthirteen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Chicago

Is this going to be on GolTV?

4. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008

WTH is up with him? I can't believe Nihat of all people has been declared match-fit before him.

5. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

No body is match fit after being sidelined for 3+ weeks.
    Nihat has been training and practing for 3+ weeks now. Hence he was called.

6. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Great. A chance for Altidore. I won't be surprise if Nihat sat on the bench for 90 min. He might not be 100% fit. If the game doesn't need him, he'll take the extended rest.

7. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

1/19 players called will not be on the bench..I wonder who?

8. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland

And consider also that the next game is on Wednesday.

9. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Villarreal supporter?

10. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland

Why?

11. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jozy not listed for Wednesday's game:

Los 19 convocados son los siguientes (uno de ellos caerá de la lista):
    Porteros: Diego López y Viera.
    Defensas: Javi Venta, Gonzalo, Fuentes, Capdevila, Godin, Ángel y Bruno.
    Centrocampistas: Marcos Senna, Pires, Mati Fernández, Santi Cazorla, Ibagaza y Eguren.
    Delanteros: Guille Franco, Nihat, Llorente y Rossi.

Se han caído de la lista por decisión técnica Cygan, Altidore, Cani y Edmilson.

12. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Grr, so Rossi basically took Jozy's spot in the lineup. Which I guess makes sense based on their respective bodies of work, but still.

13. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland

Trying to be optimist: Liga matches on Wednesday and in the weekend, Champions League match the Wednesday after. If I were the coach, I'd play the "best" XI on wednesday, the "reserve team" in the weekend and the "best" XI again in the CL game. Let's remember Adu is not on the CL roster, so he should get more chances next weekend, as he can be "wasted" (= not preserved for the CL match).

Besides, while Wednesday's opponent Racing is nothing special (0-1-2), weekend's Sporting is even worse (0-3-0), better for trying young players like Jozy.

14. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When healthy, this is what we should expect to see, quite frankly. Jozy only got a chance because the top two strikers were out (and one was recovering).

15. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the arcticle on Marca the decision was made to give Jozy and Edmilson, who started vs Man U, a rest. But still, with Rossi and Nihat back I don't see Jozy getting called up for any games just yet as long as they're all healthy, Franco and Llorente might not be with the team next year but they're spot is secure at least until January. My prediction before the start of the season was that Jozy would get his first start in early October before a CL game and I still stand by it.

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Per Marca, Edmilson and Jozy were not selected for tactical reason and per Pellegrini policy of giving rest.

I don't think Jozy is tired, so he wasn't selected for Tactical reason.

17. johnny500

johnny500 New Member

Jul 18, 2008

Racing is pretty good, actually. Over the last two years, Racing has shot towards the top of the league. This year, it is about as strong of a 0-1-2 as is possible: draw with Sevilla, draw with Barca, win over FC Honka in the UEFA Cup, and their one loss, by two at home to Madrid. It won't be an easy match.

18. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland

Oh, didn't consider this. Not an easy match for sure. Better for Altidore to showcase some talent in the Sporting match.

Of those results, the least impressive is... the win against "my" Honka. Managing to lose by one goal only against a La Liga side is a big feat.

19. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's hoping he gets a start against Gijon. They have been retched in their last two games, so there could be a goal or two out there for Jozy if he sees the field.

Gijon really should murder whomever drew up the fixture list. Barcelona, then Real Madrid, then Villareal. Ouch.

20. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is what I would expect to see. Coaches are conservative and Altidore is unproven at any top level. What I would hope to see is Altidore given more chances based on his strong performance against Deportivo and, if he continues to play well and scores some goals, that he would move ahead of mediocrities like Franco. After that, it would be up to his performance. Unfortunately, I don't think that is what is going to happen, so I hope Altidore gets loaned out for the 2nd half of the season.

21. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oct 29th -- first CdR game vs some Segunda team.

Gijon...I know they are awful, but it was just cruel to beat them down so early.
    Liga R. Madrid-Sporting 7-1
    Liga Sporting-Barcelona 1-6
    Liga Sevilla-Sporting 4-3
    Liga Sporting-Getafe 1-2

22. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same story for this weekend -- no Jozy.

Pellegrini no convoca a Cani, Cygan, Altidore y Bruno por decisión técnica
    Manuel Pellegrini ha dado a conocer la lista de convocados del Villarreal para el próximo compromiso ante el Sporting, en la que no están por decisión técnica Cani, Cygan, Altidore y Bruno.

El técnico chileno ha convocado a 19 jugadores para el encuentro que se jugará a las 20.00 horas, por lo que uno de los citados caerá de la lista a última hora.

La lista completa de convocados la forman: Diego López, Viera, Javi Venta, Ángel, Capdevila, Gonzalo, Godín, Fuentes, Eguren, Edmilson, Senna, Cazorla, Matías Fernández, Pires, Ibagaza, Guille Franco, Llorente, Rossi y Nihat.

23. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland

There goes all my theory on players getting rest for before the Champions League match. :(

24. shotcallin04

shotcallin04 Member

Feb 12, 2008

Uh oh, he better hope NYRB will take him back...they did just get Kandji though. USL, anyone?

25. FAST FO Life

FAST FO Life New Member

Jul 16, 2008

ok can we please have the jozy loan going.... maybe to numancia? they look to be a sleeper club well not really beign that they beat fc barca and took it too Real in a loosing battle...but from what it looks like he wont be getting any playing time even after impressing against deportivo. they just kept him on the team because they needed him during that spell were all their attackers were down, otherwise they would have loaned him to recreativo huelva...look forward to jozy riding the bench as long as pelegrini has all his other strikers healthy and during the winter transfer he's gone...training with these guys is good but no better than getting actual pitch time even in a less quality team...and its not like hes going to get any CL time anyways...im very pesimistic i know