RC LENS Thread........

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by HADJI, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    No, I can't agree. Leverkusen were the better team overall in the second leg. Lens had their chances to make the aggregate 3 or even 4-1 in the first leg but did not while Leverkusen scored when they needed to in the second leg.

Unfortunately we're still feeling the after effects and looked severly fatigued and lacking in ideas today at Auxerre.

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    oh, parkben, for crying out loud! if TdB comes back here i'm holding YOU responsible! :p

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I hope you give him an infraction for that.

I'm clearly against caged stadiums because even the most well managed one can still experience a tragedy because of the inherit design. You are simply playing out time before an incident happens, whether it be a scare or something more serious. The odds of something happening increases when poor management, stewarding and policing are involved. That was sadly the case at Lens that night. I'm glad your fans were treated better.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    parkben, can i see you in my office please? :D

5. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    :rolleyes:

Perhaps we were better behaved.:D

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It's easy to behave when you are not being crushed or enjoying the dual delights of tear gas and batons. :(

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

sous les pavés, la plage!

8. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004

Chicken or the egg???

9. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Another disappointing result yesterday 1-0 loss to Auxerre. If this keeps up we are in deep trouble.

Read about it here:

http://rclenszone.blogspot.com/

10. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Lens 1 - 2 PSG
    Amara DIANÉ 2' (PSG)
    David ROZEHNAL (CSC) 51' (LENS)
    Sylvain ARMAND 71' (PSG)

"Lens : Martel ne se laisse pas abattre"
    [​IMG]
    "Gervais Martel, le président du RC Lens, ne se laisse pas abattre après la défaite à domicile face au PSG (2-1) samedi soir. Son club est toujours deuxième du championnat malgré une baisse de régime ces dernières semaines."

http://www.football365.fr/la_une/story_159906_Lens-Martel-ne-se-laisse-pas-abattre.shtml

11. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Things are not looking great but I am not panicing yet.

12. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Lens is still second place in the table, so things aren't that bad.

13. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens are only three points above Sochaux and Toulouse. Even if Lens lose this weekend, they will still have the second position because of goal difference. But Lens needs to win to ensure that they can keep the second spot. It would be so sad for them to lose the lead they have built up since December.

Unfortunately, Rennes isn't an easy team to play, and it'll be a real battle.

Good luck!

14. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, I think we are in deep trouble now. Lens lost today at Rennes 1-0. The team is really struggling.

15. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Yeah you might get caught by Toulouse or Sochaux.

16. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What a disaster for Lens. I can't believe this crap has happened. And now Gillot is gone. I can't say I'm dissapointed about that though. What a screw up against Troyes. All we had to do was draw and we lose 3-0. What a joke. I hope we don't lose Itandje, the decent player left. I heard he will be going to Marseille though.

17. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Total. Collapse.

I will say that I can't agree Itandje is the only good player left.

Apportons Le Druid!

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lens: Seydou Keita towards Spain? (31/05/2007)
    Taking into consideration his great season with the RC Lens, the international medium Malian Seydou Keita (27 years, 37 matches Leagues 1 of them this season, 11 goals) can be disappointed by the simple qualification of his club out of Intertoto cut. The captain Blood and Gold would like to leave the club, according to the newspaper the Team. President Gervais Martel would have granted a good of exit to him and its points of fall could be the FC Barcelona, the FC Seville or Valence. The defensive medium of the RC Lens arrived at the club in 2002. (By Simon Rope)

http://news.maxifoot.com

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lens: Gillot is explained (31/05/2007)
    Resigner, the ex-trainer of the RC Lens Francis Gillot is explained today in the Team. "I was not obliged to resign. My wife has evil to include/understand my decision ", explains T-it in particular, before specifying: "I had said myself at the beginning of season which if one did not finish in the three first, I would leave." The technician lensois also reconsiders the reasons which led Lens, a long time dolphin this season, with a 5e place synonymous with Intertoto. "One exploded because of the high number of matches (...). My five principal offensive players, Aruna, Cousin, Jemaa, Monterrubio and Carrière marked 4 goals at the time the last six months (...). If Aruna and Seydou Keita had not been there, plus some to hold the hut behind, one would have finished 15e." President Martel proposed to him a role near the pros for the year of contract which remains to him, but Francis Gillot reserves its position. One thus has to expect to see it rebounding soon in another club... (By Patrick Juillard)

http://news.maxifoot.com

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was right to write "He's retired now... or not." :D

22. TSKara61

TSKara61 New Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Hello, I am a Trabzonspor, a turkish team, fan and I would like to ask you guys a question. My team is currently trying to transfer Daouda Jabi, but unfortunately I do not know anything about him except that he is playing for Kayseri Erciyesspor, another team from Turkey, that he used to play for RC Lens, and he is on the Guinean natl team. I was wondering what type of player he is, what position he prefers to play, what are his strengths, weaknesses, so I thought you guys might have some information. Thank you!!

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bonaventure Kalou from PSG could be next. Guy Roux looking to bring in his Ivorian international former Auxerre players.