RC LENS Thread........

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by HADJI, Jan 21, 2007.

1. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Adama Coulibaly!!!! GAME ON! 88th minute, and he soars up and delivers a powerful header to make the game 2-3!!!!

*** 3-3!!!! Incredible! Seydou Keita's second! Lens has completed an amazing amazing comeback! What a game...

Ilan almost restores the lead, but the shot is just barely wide.

3-3 Final
    a match to remember no doubt.

2. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    [​IMG]

I wish L1 had matches like these week in and week out. Cheers to the supporters

3. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    anyone have a link for todays game's highlights?

4. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    After a game like this all I have to say is Lens rules! Who cares is we didn't get the three points, this win will catapult this team for the rest of the season. I can say we have our momentum back.

5. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Marco Ramos...how good is he at Lb?

Congrats so far as well, your doing fantastic in the league!!:)

6. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    St. Eteinne have one of the best attacks in the championship. Heinz, Feindouno, Illan, Gomis, Piquionne. I believe they are near the top in goals scored.

8. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that reminds me, what happened to simon feindouno??

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he's at istres

10. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    hey guys there is a rumour that one of our youngsters, gilli vermouth is going to rc lens, and that a scout of ur team was in israel watching him play, any of u have heard anything about this??

11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Damien Tixier joins Lens

12. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Thomert to Rennes where he'll join former teammates Moreira and Utaka with Monterrubio coming the other way. Thomert has been on again off again in being a want away so it's not a surprise, though it appears he's missed his chance at a big money EPL move. Monterrubio will be interesting, I'm wondering how exactly Gillot sees him fiiting in the squad.

Jussie to Bordeaux on loan with an option to buy is a bit of a surprise. He's scored some important goals but he's had a number of misses as well that may have cost him.

http://www.rclens.fr/infos_2007/01/31_transferts/

13. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Thomert to Rennes where he'll join former teammates Moreira and Utaka with Monterrubio coming the other way. Thomert has been on again off again in being a want away so it's not a surprise, though it appears he's missed his chance at a big money EPL move. Monterrubio will be interesting, I'm wondering how exactly Gillot sees him fiiting in the squad.

Jussie to Bordeaux on loan with an option to buy is a bit of a surprise. He's scored some important goals but he's had a number of misses as well that may have cost him.

http://www.rclens.fr/infos_2007/01/31_transferts/

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I thought Monterrubio was like the captain, the heart of the team, most popular player, etc. so him going to a league rival is a surprise to me. I dont follow Lens that closely but I thought Thomert and Jussie were important players to that team, so from my perspective Lens appears to be weakened now.

15. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    umm..

So can anyone one of you lens fans tell me what u think of marco remos, the left defender?

16. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    is it true Lens is interested in SC Freiburg midfield/captain Somalia Coulibaly...Who is Adama Coulibaly's brother i believe!

17. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Clearly not the perspective of a club battling for automatic qualification to the Champion's League. While Thomert and Jussie had great qualities they were hardly players we count on to make things happen. When they do score it's a bonus but beyond that they tend not to contribute all that much and both tend to be selfish players. Perhaps we are weakened in terms of depth in that we don't quite have the same attacking options and permutations but I'm not at all surprised to see Thomert leave (it really had become a matter of when not if) and I'm starting to see what they are thinking with Jussie the more I ponder the move.

18. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    I think I commented on him earlier in the thread. He had a very rough start to the season and people questioned why we bought him. The low point was probably very early in the season against Lille when Keita skinned him time and time again. Since then he's improved and been solid though we did need cover for him because past him we were forced to use a central defender in that position.

19. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Good to hear hes improved, hopefully he keeps on improving!!

20. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    However you look at it, losing Thomert and Jussie is NOT good. Especially when we got Monterrubio and Tixier as the only incoming transfers. Monterrubio was not having a good year and seams to be on the downside of his career. It is true that Thomert has been wanting to go to the EPL for quite some time now, and in fact, Jussie has also mentioned wanting to play in a city with a better climate. Nevertheless, I can't possibly see this transfer period as a successful one for Lens. I think Somalia Coulibaly would be great on this team, since he was mentioned earlier.

21. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    My sources within the club say this was addition by subtraction. Both players were creating a bad vibe within the team and acted too selfish on more than one occassion which upset teammates including Jussie's countryman and last year's captain Hilton.

22. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  23. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens just picked up a round of 32 victory over Panathanaikos. Final score 3-1. Two goals by Issam Jemaa and a penalty shot by Aruna Dindane. Jemaa's first goal was one of the best I have seen all year.

24. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    congratulations :D

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lens and PSG both got fantastic results. Bordeaux unfortunately didnt win at home. Nancy I have no idea how they did.