RBNY Academy Dominating In England

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by HoosierToon, Aug 17, 2011.

1. HoosierToon

HoosierToon New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Hoboken
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got a report that our U14's (currently in England) have beaten Chelsea, Palmereiros (brazil), and Aston Villa. Only loss so far was to West Brom...they play Newcastle tomorrow.

2. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news.

3. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That is fantastic, the question is, where Bake and Solli will trade them for some 35s European player.....

4. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we should have an academy that produces octogenarians--only then will they have a chance of seeing the field during MLS play.

5. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Check this back on this thread in 6-7 years and you'll be lucky to see more than 1 (if that many) of those boys playing at the pro level.

Congrats to the boys, but I wouldn't read too much into this as being great for the future of the Red Bulls or US Soccer in general.

6. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea the thing about youth soccer for sure. Though with the level of soccer here, you never know we could have maybe a couple hopefully

7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    What does 'the level of soccer here' mean when they're beating top teams 'over there'.
    What does that mean about of 'the level of soccer 'over there'?

8. USAWCWinners2014 Redded

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    They won't see the field ever because they are American. Backe doesn't play americans. Backe would rather play a guy that isn't good enough for the 3rd division of England at neraly 30 years old, rather than a talented young american player who has 2 times the talent of any striker besides Henry.

9. AngeltoHenry

AngeltoHenry Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That's crazy. Rodgers has been ten times better than Agudelo this season.

10. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

11. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats my point now that we have had generation of kids who have professional soccer league in their country and better academies these playing will be more equipped to have more of them impact first team than past generations of US youth players. Sorry if I did not make that clear. THey are playing as well as youth in other countries our senior player are moer behind than our youth players are to their peers now. Which is why moer of them i think will be able to break in to team.