Razov trade rumor

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 13, 2004.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Thiago Gaucho is allegedly a playmaking midfielder, isn't he? And also allegedly close to being signed?

Later,
    COZ

2. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Does anyone know anything about Gaucho's background?

3. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    According to one source:

What?

Later,
    COZ

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I love this trade, but for that reason I don't think it will happen. I'm not sure who said this will bring the 4-4-2, but I think it cements a 3-5-2 based on our defenders. Curtin, Caballero, and Pope would form the best 3 man defense in the league. I love Armas, but Clark is one for the future and present. Plus, he can score every so often.

Pull the trigger, Peter!

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Would anyone here take Parke and Magee instead of Pope for Armas?

6. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I wouldn't give up Armas without getting back Clark. I think Magee and Parke are both decent players but I wouldn't trade Armas for either one of them. Armas and Thornton for Clark, Magee AND Parke. Yeah I could probably live with that.

7. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Tough call, putting aside for a moment the fact that Metro may see Parke as even more valuable than Clark. On the one hand, you probably get more talent for more years. On the other, anything that makes our roster even younger than it already is has the potential to hurt us catastrophically. We're already too young to deal with things like inconsistency in the starting lineup, and I'd be loathe to make that situation worse.

That said, Parke is another central defender, and we'd be better served finding someone who can play outside.

Somebody said Caballero is a central defender. Is that true? I was under the vague impression he played on the left.

Later,
    COZ

8. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Yes.

9. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with Jesse being a much more important part of the team. He's one of those hard workers in midfield that every team needs. He doens't do a lot of fancy things, but he breaks up plays and plays the safe pass.

10. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    No news in the weekly update, so unless they're waiting to contact players before announcing something, that means no news until the list of protected players gets release on Wednesday, and no trades until after the expansion draft.

11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    That's what I meant, Thorton, Armas, and maybe another guy go to the Metros for Parke, Magee, and Clark.

12. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I'd do that for sure. To me Pope is not a deal breaker either way. Magee and Parke would be great aquisitions along with Clark. No way that Metro would let go of all three though. At least I don't think so.

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Can Armas and/or Marsch teach Capano the drive that Nowak had? I believe Armas and Marsch have it, just in a different position and they don't have the skill of a Nowak (no offense to them). I always thought Dema would be the successor to Nowak, but he wasn't focused enough. Armas and Marsch are that focused. If they can teach that to Capano, while also teaching him the defensive skills an offensive midfielder needs, then we're set.

I still say the team will keep the midfielders necessary to bring Capano along. If that's only one of the two between Armas and Marsch, then so be it. But I think having those two kick the crap out of Capano every day in practice is going to be important to his growth.

Thiago is an enigma at this point. I don't know if he's an attacking midfielder, or a central holding midfielder. This really is a huge deal, but doesn't effect the Capano situation too much, unless the team is giving up on Capano.

Ralph, Herron, Williams
    Armas, Marsch, Pause, Mapp, Boucicaut
    Curtain, C.J., Whitfield
    Ring

People I haven't picked, but might swap with someone on the list:
    Buete, Gray, Jaqua.

Anyone have any thoughts on these three? I think Jaqua or Gray would get picked if left free.

14. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Well, its past Midnight EST now, so I guess that there will be no trade. Oh, wait, this is MLS, where the play Calvinball better than anyone else!

15. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    Actually according to my clock it's not yet midnight in EST. In the Atlantic time zone it is after midnight, but I don't think MLS offices have moved to Halifax.

16. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    I thought I read 5 pm.

Though it's entirely possible they'll wait a day to announce any. But it does look like no trades. One big reason would be unless you're trading 2 players for 1, it doesn't really help you avoid exposing players.

17. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    That could be. But in any case, it may very well be that trades have been completed, but announcements have not yet been made until people return to work in the morning.

18. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never underestimate the stupidity of Metro. Ever

19. RogerinIL

RogerinIL New Member

Feb 24, 1999
    The problem with Pope is that he's become more injury prone as he's gotten older. Look back at the last three years and you'll see that he's missed significant parts of these seasons with injuries.

Yeah, he'll provide some upgrade to the defense when he plays, BUT they'll likely be a good part of the season when he'll be out. In addition, he's still part of the Nats team and would, therefore, have additional time away from the team for Nats team duty.

20. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    I assume this is a misprint? Anyone heard if he got traded back?

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000

Ahan Jain repped this.
  22. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fvck this rumor.