Raul, The Prince of Madrid! [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by kraayzizou, Sep 28, 2004.

1. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    Here's to all of us who have kept faith in Raul, our symbol of Madrid, while the "smart brits" trash talked the hell out of him. 3 goals in 2 games, including 2 more tallies to his already record number of goals in the Champions League, not too bad.

It's still gotta start Raul/Ronaldo...

HALA MADRID! A POR LA DECIMA! :D

2. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Re: Raul, The Prince of Madrid!

Raul being back in form is the best thing that could have happened to this team -- better than getting Vieira would have been, better than getting Samuel, better than Owen, better than Camacho was going to be -- if Ronaldo starts scoring too, and the defense can pull their pants up and start defending like professionals, this season will be a very, very special one.

3. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida

"If" being the operative word. Although I don't doubt his ability to perform, I dont' think that he can WITH THIS TEAM at the moment. Although I am thrilled with our win today, I am still very worried about our ability to attack. At half time, we had fewer shots on goal but 66% of the possesion! There were long periods of time where we were just passing the ball around but not getting forward and no one running towards goal... no counterattacks at all!

Ronaldo needs space to run at and he can't when 8 out of the 11 members of the oposing team are clustered around the top of their box with Ronaldo in the middle.

We need to (re)learn how to get a fast break at least some of the time.

4. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago

I agree completely. A la decima!

5. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia

its good to see the team finally play with pride and self belief again. somehow they seemed to almost always look lost when they take the field in recent times. there was a roma fan somewhere who said that raul's goals were mediocre, who knows if it was someone else i might agree, but this is raul, and just seeing him score again is special. however, while i still think its too early to get all excited and start talking about la decima after one good game, if the team once again take pride in wearing the white of real, this season may yet be successful. with a defence like this, i'm not overly hopeful, but cautiously optimistic. heres hoping for more like this to come.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

didnt get to see the bilbao goal or the 2nd one today (damn work), but the first goals wasnt his. yes, technically it is his, but the defender scored it. without the deflection, it probably doesnt go in.

7. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston

It looked bound to the upper 90 top right to me.

8. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was on the verge of making some wise-ass remark about how pointless the 'Sticky' threads at the top of this forum are... but I'm too tired at this moment to muster the humor.

9. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I hate to be the partypooper here, but everyone needs to be careful what they name threads, especially on gamedays like this one. Not knowing the score (and planning on seeing the game on tape later), I see this subject which gives a very strong hint as to what happened and consequently what the final outcome of the game was. Even putting "[R]" in the thread title would have been pointless since again, the title itself pretty much tells you what to expect. At least it did for me. You may wonder "why were you surfing around the Spain forum if you didnt want to know the score of Real-Roma?" Well, I wasnt. I was on the BS homepage, and since the most recent post in the Spain forum at the time came in this thread, guess what thread title was on the front page for all to see?

Oh well, no real harm done. Moderators, just take note of cases like this for future reference. I'll get off my soapbox now.

And yes, I am glad to see Raul is making a comeback and proving all his critics wrong. No one deserves this more than him!

10. se7en

se7en New Member

Aug 18, 2004

ooh i almost cried im sooo happy. last weekend beautiful goal and yesterday 2 goals, next weekend....hattrick? *crossing fingers*

11. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia

Could not give a sh1t.

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well if it helps his cofidence, i guess it doesnt matter how it went in, but it is almost the equivalent of donovan's 'goal' (think it went down as an og though) in the WC, except raul wanted to score.

13. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia

I don't know if it helps his confidence or not, of course i hope it does, but we have much more important things to worry about. Like whether this win is enough to boost morale not just for Raul, but throughout the squad and spark some sort of revival.

But credit must go to Raul, he has obviously been great in the last few games. The Raul i've watched since the beginning has always been a classy performer and a consummate professional, and despite the disgusting criticisms his character has not changed. Here's to many more goals!

14. se7en

se7en New Member

Aug 18, 2004

CHEERS!!! (im holding a glass of mineral water and not wine, but that will do)

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I was one of the ones who wanted to bench Raul. Now, may be we should bench Ronaldo for a game. I am sure that he will be pissed and fired up for the next game and score 5 goals.

16. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, the [R] should have been included in the title.

Everybody should take note of this point for the future.

I'll belatedly add it now.

17. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i am very pleased for raul, i love the guy he is the king of spain, but i will admit to wanting him benched, although i think we nearly all have said something similar.
    all cred to camacho for this one, benching him for that match may have been the best for him, at least now he realises his place aint garenteed, and what a response, 3 goals in 2 games. Ever since he came off the bench a couple of games ago he looked like a new fresh player
    Maybe we should do it 2 ronnie 2.
    He had to return to form someday, he aint the top ever goalscorer in champs lge for nothing ;)

HALA MADRID & RAUL GONZALEZ BLANCO

18. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    although he didnt score, it was another good performance by raul on sunday, looks as if he has rediscovered his touch and desire to play!

p.s. lovin his hair lately by the way ;)

19. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I got a Raul Video in My tread.

20. snigacookie

snigacookie New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Raul was the shiznit of the team until Ronaldo came along. Come on now, if you haven't noticed everyone is fully aware of what Ronaldo can do with a ball no more suprises from him. Put in Morientes or Owen with Raul. Ronaldo is just a waste of space.

21. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    I agree. He's really stepping it up, but he needs backup from the others. The team is almost completely healthy and I think the international duty will do them good (assuming none of them pick up serious injuries). On the topic of his hair....I think he looks very sexy ;). Mmm....especially when he licks the outside of his mouth during games...........*trying to control hormones*. Lets just say that his wife is a very lucky woman :D.

22. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Ugh. I feel like i'm drowning in drool. :rolleyes:

23. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Very intelligent and insightful I must say. I assume this is based on Ronaldo's performances over 5 matches, rather than last year's Pichichi season or the recent WCQ against Argentina? And I must also assume that we're not taking into account the fact that he still creates 3-5 great chances in every game even when off form, like he has in most games this season?
    If so, then I must agree... complete waste of space. We should loan him out to Fiorentina and bring back Portillo.

24. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    well i dont know how u can resist the great raul....;)

25. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    I agree completely. Where the hell can somebody come off saying that Ronaldo is a complete waste of space and all of his tricks are known? Oh, that's right, because every run is the same in every single game. And that is a great point, even off form Ronie creates chances. Are we now going to go through the same criticism that Raul had to endure with Ronaldo because of a slow start to the campaign? C'mon! :mad: