Raul Mendiola to Manchester City

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by lr3forme, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are the best detectives. Hell yeah.

3. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are the reason soccer exists in this country.

4. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Raul Mendiola to Manchester City

I guess that makes me a traitor... I don't even live in the US afterall... lol

5. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Respuesta: Re: Raul Mendiola to Manchester City

If someone has twitter they should just ask him. I don't have it otherwise I would.

I would take that galaxy roster with a grain of salt because a couple players on that roster went to other da teams and a couple signed with professional teams in Europe.

6. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Another thing of note. I read that supposedly before he was going to Man City the galaxy tried to sign him. It was a little too late so Raul went to city. I wonder what the galaxy will do now?

http://angelcitybrigade.net/forum/showthread.php?599-LA-Galaxy-Academy-Teams/page2

7. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @sevillismoymas tweeted something today and this convo occurred:

Through Google translate I got...

"The Mexican 17-year Raul Mendiola, who tested a few weeks ago at the quarry Sevilla, has already returned to Los Angeles, where he lived." for the first part but the next two didn't translate too well, if someone wants to help out.

I just tweeted at him. Not trying to flame the kid but his Twitter page background is chuckle-worthy, if you want to take a gander.

8. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My best effort.

- The 17 year old Mexican Raul Mendiola, who trialed a few weeks ago in the Sevilla youth academy has already returned to Los Angeles, where he used to live.

- Then he's not going to play with Sevilla? Or in the summer he could return?

- He never belonged to Sevilla. He came to trial with the Juvenil team and the Sevilla C team, and after the trials he left.

*Pertenecer is a strange verb to translate into English. Perhaps a native speaker can help out with that sentence.

It's worth noting that Mendiola is not even 18 yet. Perhaps there's a deal in place for him to return to Sevilla when he turns 18 like Alejandro Guido and Vitesse Arnhem. I wonder what the status is of Mendiola's citizenship. Paging J.R. Eskilson.

9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a native speaker but I think "belong" and "pertenecer" is pretty good.

Although "nunca llego a pertenecer" is more like "He never came to belong to Sevilla" - maybe "He didn't try out for the main squad" or "He didn't come close to being picked up by Sevilla"

10. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Raul Mendiola to Manchester City

Nope, his translation was closer... in this case I would translate pertenecer as being part of, so he was a trialist but never officially tied to Sevilla.

11. jimmy2823

jimmy2823 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yes your correct im very fluent in spanish

12. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006