Rate Asia's National Teams

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by kasai, Aug 1, 2002.

1. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    As of August 2002 these are my top national teams in Asia.... I know you will disagree.

1) Korea
    2) Iran
    3) Japan
    4) KSA
    5) China
    6) Iraq
    7) Kuwait
    8) Thailand
    9) UAE
    10) Qatar

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    1)Korea
    2)Japan
    3)KSA
    4)Iran
    ---
    I think WC record is the most important.

3. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Well, I somewhat can agree on putting Japan in front of Iran, but KSA is not as good a team as Iran. Just because they qualified doesn't mean they are better. Iran beat and tied KSA in the two qualifiers.

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I think Korea, Japan, and KSA kind of formed the upper-group of Asian football. It will be hard to determine who's better (I'd give Japan the upperhand because they have the shiet to back their shiet up). So here's mine:

1 Korea
    1 Japan
    1 Iran
    4 KSA
    5 China
    5 Iraq
    5 Kuwait
    8 Thailand
    8 UAE
    8 Qatar

5. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    I think ill wait for Busan Game sto pass judgement. U23s will be present there. Those very teams will most probably be the teams for AsianCup and Qualifiers...

6. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Well Saudi isn't participating, so we gonna have to wait a bit longer to see how badly Saudi football has been damaged by 2nd of June.

7. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    What the hell is up with KSAFF? Why arent they participating? The league is over, so there is no excuse for that...

8. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    I think this game will not hold much significance, really. It is WC that counts and it is still four years away.

9. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Agreed that the asian games are not nearly as significant as qualifying for the cup. I think the Asian Cup in 2004 will be a good indicator of where Asia stands. Right now Korea seems far ahead of the rest of the field, but that can change in a heartbeat.

10. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I think it already changed. 2 pillars of the Korean team have already retired after the World Cup and a couple more will retire too pretty soon.

11. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    1.Korea
    2.Japan
    3.Iran
    4.China
    5.KSA
    6.Iraq
    7.Kuwait
    8.Thailand
    9.UAE
    10.Qatar

but honestly, Korea has a HUGE SS hole in the defense without Myoung-bo Hong since he retired after the WC. I think the Korean defense will remain pretty weak for a while.

I honestly think Myoung-bo Hong will win this year's Asian Player of the Year. Winning the Bronze Ball at the World Cup and not winning the APY? hmm..

Japan, on the other hand, will not have any leaks in their team after the World Cup. By the end of this year, ladies and gentlemen, Japan would be the numero uno in Asia.

12. joosynn

joosynn New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    With all due respect, I think Japan still needs to work on something critical. Physical prowess that is.
    They're nimble, technically sound, and smart, all they need is little bit of power.

13. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    1)Korea
    2)Japan
    3)Iran
    4)KSA
    5)China
    6)Iraq

Iraq is a good team, watch out for them.

14. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    One thing regarding the quality of Korea and Japan's teams is that not only are some players leaving the international field, they also will no longer have home field advantage in major international competitions. Lets see how they do in the Confederation cup and other major tournaments.

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    i dont know about japanese but there are koreans everywhere, bro. You'll find a korean doctor up in somalia.,.heck we got koreans on antarctica. and since this cultural identity crap is goin on with koreans after the world cup..i can see at least half of the stadium covered in red in 2006, composed of korean immigrants, people going from Korea, and of course, the reddevils.

Do you remember the Japanese games in france '98? That place was full of Japanese people..overflooding the stadium. And besides, i think peopel will root for the underdogs anyway.

16. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    1. Korea
    2. Japan
    3. Iran
    4. Saudi Arabia
    5. China
    6. Iraq
    7. UAE
    8. Kuwait
    9. Thailand

17. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.

ooooh...wait..I dunno about half of the stadium..remember what happened in WC98?

and as for the Japanese in WC98, they all came from Japan.

18. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Hong didnt retire from national team yet, that was Hwang SH, but Hong said he will have retirement A match soon.

i think the gab between top 4~5 teams arent that much.

19. HwarangDo

HwarangDo New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    1. Korea
    2. Japan
    3. Iran
    4. KSA
    5. China
    6. Thailand

20. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    HwarangDo, not that it really matter, but Iraq is better than Thailand, they beat them 4-0 in WCQ.

21. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Does anyone know who'll be the coach for Korea and for China? Who were named as the coaches of Iran and KSA?? It seems like a question "who is your coach" has more significance in Asia than the other regions(maybe except Africa).

But hey, let's give it a try...

<<Current>>
    1.S.Korea
    2.Japan
    3.Iran
    4.Saudi Arabia
    5.China
    6.Iraq
    7.UAE
    8.Kuwait
    9.Qatar
    10.Thailand

<<4 years later...>>
    1.Japan
    2.S.Korea
    3.Iran
    4.China
    5.Saudi Arabia
    6.UAE
    7.Qatar
    8.Kuwait
    9.Thailand
    10.Iraq(we know why Iraq goes downward...)

When looking at the elements to succeed(not necessarily the NTs but also infrastructure, coaching system for kids to pros, ability of the managing organisations etc), Japan has the best chance to lead Asia.

22. Barca_Fan2003

Barca_Fan2003 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Slidell, LA
    1. Korea
    2. Japan
    3. China
    4-20. All of the terroristic Islamic dictatorships

23. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    That's what people said four years ago. They were wrong. Korea is special. Korea will not stand still. Korea is special.

four years later:
    1. Korea
    2. China
    3. Japan
    ------

24. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Year before last
    1 JAPAN
    2 Saudi
    3 Korea

Last year
    1 JAPAN
    2 ???
    3 ???

This year
    1 Korea
    2 JAPAN
    3 ???

Four years after
    1 JAPAN or Korea
    2 Korea or JAPAN
    @@@@@@@E
    @@@@@@@E
    @@@@@@@E
    ‚R China

25. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    The only change for Iran is that Blazevic has left, and his assistant Professor Branco Ivankovic (assistant coach of the Croatian team which finished 3rd in WC98) has taken over and he has an Iranian assistant. I think that is about the only change in coaching staff...

As for Saudi Arabia...

There is no problem getting a coach in the land of blank checks.... :D ;)