Rapids website - beyond pathetic

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Still doesn't explain where they've been for the past year.

2. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I'm optimistic and hoping for the best here, but looking at Spire's website (www.spiremedia.com) a lot of their clients seem to prefer glitz over guts.

Yet as Daksims says, it doesn't explain this recent incompetence. Interesting to see that the website currently has game reports for for August 8th and August 17th -- both losses -- and no mention whatsoever of their home win in August 10th.

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Anyone get the feeling that this announcement of the new site is akin to those regarding new players? When they say "this week" did they mean to say "this season?"

Anyone know when this thing will actually launch?

(odd that they can't define a specific day)

4. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    When????

I am pretty sure that means right after the MLS franchise opens in Edgewater, home matches being played at Sloans Lake.

Go Raps!!!!!

5. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least we could use a derby match to guzzle lager and get in rucks with "the scum"...

6. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Just wondering if I'm the only one that isn't seeing the new website yet. Ahem.

7. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    It's up!!! It's up!!! Haven't taken the time to check it out yet, but the homepage looks ok.

8. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Interesting mix of blue and green. Very little green, actually.

9. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
  10. LittleMy

LittleMy Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Funny...on my screen there is green everywhere. The whole background is solid green.

The links are all running over each other, though, and some other things don't look right.

Yesterday's match report is posted! It's the exact same report that I've read everywhere else, but it's there.

11. swordking

swordking New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Florida
    It actually has the San Jose post game report on there. WOW!!! Took them less than a week...

12. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I guess it's hard to say the website is "beyond pathetic" now. Whether it is simply "pathetic" is an individual point of view. I'm just glad it's back.

Only comments I'll make right now on this "new" website is that it really isn't that much of a change. Minor cosmetic update but that's really about it. Big problem I have is that they're running bold white text on a bluish-gray background. Bad choice for a content-driven website.

Big question is whether the Rapids will back up the following promise:

13. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    Totally agree. I guess usability doesn't matter.

I'm not very impressed overall. I was sure expecting a lot more.

14. greenlightwilly

greenlightwilly New Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Colorado
    Eyes been bothering you lately? Or is it wishful thinking? All I SEE is green!

15. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Well, I do need glasses but that's besides the point. Maybe it's because of different browsers (i'm using IE 5.5), but for me on the homepage there is a border of green on the bottom, and some green at the upper-left corner, and that's it. The rest is dark blue, a grayish-blue and some black. The schedule page is entirely grayish-blue.

16. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Hmmmm???

I went on the Rapids site, and wanted to send some constructive info about how the site appears on my computer, 32 bit color, 1024 x 768. It has a big black box over the right 1/3rd of the screen, with nothing in it. I went to the contact webhead link, and filled out the info, and discovered that there is no send button at the bottom. It tells me to make sure that all fields are filled in, but won't let me send it. It has an e-mail address to contact, but that is not related to the info I had to input. Interesting.......

Go Raps, beat Dallas!!!!!!

17. jdonnici

jdonnici Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Westminster, CO
    Re: Hmmmm???

I think that's intentional... it looks like they set up the boxes with the various news/info in them to NOT expand when your browser is widened/maximized. So if your browser is larger than the space for the information, it just gets filled with the black background.

It does seem like wasted space, though, doesn't it?

-- jeff