Rapids Vs. FSL pre/post [R] 5-27-06

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by rockymtn_mike, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got to see parts of 4 games yesterday with and the Rapids aren't the only ones who had bad (horrible) refs. ( K.C. v D.C. was unbelievable.) It reminded me of some NFL weekends. Still sucks however. Why can't Bouna keep the ball in play? He seems in panic mode whenever he has to (play) and especially punt the ball. What's up with that? Any old keepers out there with a theory or am I just imagining things?

2. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'll tell ya this much, it was doing a lot more than drizzling for a lot of the match.

3. newnew

newnew Red Card

Dec 9, 2005
    Goals From Jovan Kirovski and Jocob Peterson Are Not Enough as Rapids Give Up The Lead Twice.
    Somebody protects Peterson?

4. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought it was his best game in a Rapids uniform yet.

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, that was one of the worst ref jobs I've ever seen. Petke handball "in" the box. Crap. Bouna handball "outside" the box. Crap. MLS needs to get serious. This ref and crew should be fined.

In other news, I thought Wasson was a great sub. Great header for the 2nd goal. He was in the mix right before, almost scoring. He held the ball well. He passed well. This kid could get some serious minutes with Pablo out of town, and he could sneak up on the pack running for rookie of the year.

6. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Agree on both points.

Refs=atrocious.

Wasson= :D

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone write Don Garber and/or the MLS Official head, see if we get a response like we did to Nkong's red card last season?

8. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    hmmm

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    On the PK
    Looks like Karanka will play and maybe Cannon as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/rapids/ci_3878361

11. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Other than the Ref ... Petke was the difference maker in this game.

What the hell has happened to this guy? Has the league outgrown him? I doubt it since the level of play has been flat for like 3 years!!! If he doesn't turn it around in the next game or two - he needs to sit or we need to start looking for a second central defender.

He's too vital to this team to suck that bad.:eek:

From a pure result perspective though - 1 point on the road isn't the worst thing that could have happened. We got two road goals which is the second tie breaker in the http://rockymountaincup.com/rules.asp

12. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well wouldn't you know it, my weekend ended up pretty sh!tty. First, I found out I was unable to watch the game live. Second, I tried to record it...and it didn't work. Third, I can't even watch the highlights on MLSnet because they posted a broken link. Awesome!

So anyway, I haven't the foggiest idea how the Rapids played. From what I gather more people are talking about the crap conditions and the crap ref. Can someone who watched the game (because the world doesn't hate them) please tell me if the Rapids met any of my expectations?

1. Work on solving the 3-4-3/4-4-2 puzzle.
    2. Work on ball movement in the center.
    3. Work on finishing.
    4. Get the defense to work on playing smart.

I know you might as well be describing this through interpretive dance...but I would really appreciate if anyone could shed some light. Maybe at some point I can actually pretend I saw the match.