Rapids Vs. FSL pre/post [R] 5-27-06

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by rockymtn_mike, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    You guys just got so screwed by that call. What crap! That was outside the box. Ugh ...

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hate to say it, but thats probably the first break we have received all season. that was also our first pk of the season. sucks to be you guys that had to play us.

3. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO, that Cunningham goal doesn't officially count as a tally against the Rapids. Crap call, dubious PK. Well taken by Jeff, but a joke nonetheless.

Ref might have stolen two points from the Rapids on that one, 3 if RSL scores a legit goal.

10 minutes will tell.

4. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe a makeup call with the red card, but Harris is an idiot. He's carrying a yellow and goes in on Beckerman from behind like that. Well deserved early trip to the showers.

5. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WASSON!!! SUPER SUB!!!! Golazo!!

6. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great marking by Jeff Cunningham on the corner (well, great if you are a Rapids fan, piss poor if you are an objective evaluator of proper soccer technique). Loses his man, Wasson, for a free header 4 feet from goal. Easy header, and he buries it.

7. Happily Marschless

Happily Marschless New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    That was the worst call I've ever seen! That official should be banned from even reffing pee wee games. If I was the Rapids' coach, I would have gone on the field and stopped the game and given the ref and the assistant what for. Hell, if I was the announcer, I would have left the booth in disgust and gone on the field! Plays like that make MLS look like a joke. This ref needs to be fined and suspended, NOW!

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    That call was crap too. Condoul had the ball inside the box - not a hand ball.

9. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, the line is part of the goal box. Fortunate not to conceed a goal to Kreis on the free kick.

Linesman has been crap too. He needs to see those things and assist his center ref.

10. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate being a fan of this team.

11. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, because the refs were perfect today and as a result we deserved the tie. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WORST. OFFICIATING. EVER. PERIOD.

Rapids 2
    Refs 2

12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A FaKe point for a FaKe team. That PK was bogus

13. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Ya, refs blow, yadda, yadda. CO had some chances they could've done better with too. Scoring 2 on the road is good and should've been good enough. So it goes.

Let this be the 1st of another 18 winless games for RSL!!!

14. SMGPX010

SMGPX010 New Member

May 27, 2006
    First of all, FABRICE NOEL IS HORRIBLE. He falls every single time he has the ball. He has no control of his body. He is flat out bad.

Secondly, THE RAPIDS ARE EVEN WORSE. No creativity. No leadership. Frankly, no hope...I dont see them going to the playoffs.

Thirdly, Bouna is a joke. I do not even have to ellaborate on that.

To me, this team consists of a bunch of clowns, and dressing quite the part (Clint).

15. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP. Kreis had a decent goal, but really, that's one of the most poorly officiated matches I've seen in a while. Funny how one or two calls turn an otherwise indifferent match for the refs into a full blown piss poor performance.

16. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    troll

17. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great post newbie. You added nothing to the discussion.

Bravo. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't have said it better. Even their goals are FaKe.

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude pick a side. I know you were a former moderator on the FSL board, but if you're changing sides stop defending them.

20. newnew

newnew Red Card

Dec 9, 2005
    Peterson was invisible. Why Noel no replace him?

21. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Hats off to ESPN for missing the bad hand ball live and missing Wasson's goal live.

You would think they would know about the game going on continuously.

22. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Well, we had actually a rather good first half, considering the weather. We had the most consistent possession, the best attempts on net, and looked like we had the better gameplan. I would have killed Kirovski if he missed that second gift he gave himself off the post.

Then in the second half, we came out completely flat, and got worse once Fabrice was subbed in. Not because of Fabrice, but because Clavijo subbed him in for the wrong person. By taking out Ben Dayan, we changed our formation when we didn't need to. Peterson, on the other hand, had accomplished very little in the game and it would have been better to put in speed for speed than to force that formation change. I specifically remember a time when Mathis and Kirovski ran into each other, both trying to occupy the withdrawn forward spot, as a result of the sub, and it screwed up a good attacking chance. Clavijo saved his skin with the Wasson sub, but I still think the tactics shouldn't have changed that much.

Our manmarking on defense was once again extremely loose as the game went on, and while good speed and closure can save you sometimes, the Kries goal showed that it's just not the answer. I don't think Karanka's presence would have made a huge difference in either goal, which is a semi-compliment to Wingert for stepping in well.

I feel strange saying this, but I'd have to say our man of the match was...Denton. I just wish Clavijo would push him to a full time left wing role, as his defense is just too suspect to be in the back, but his offense has been getting better and better.

Finally, we need Joe back. Bouna looked far too human today, and proved that it was LA's incompetence shining last week more than anything.

23. FC5280

FC5280 Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I know this much. Fernando is getting fined this week for commenting on the officiating.

Worst officiating ever. And where the hell was the AR on the near side? Surely he should have seen that as he should have been even with the play.

Terrible terrible terrible.

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horrid officiating aside, some other thoughts.

For the second week in a row (And much like the DC game) we take our foot off the gas once we get the lead. This season the Rapids either show up and play well until they get the lead, then turn into crap, or show up and play like crap until the other team scores and then we managed to get back into the game. We need to get some consistant 90 minute play.

Mike Petke is turning into Eric Denton. Imagine my (lack of) surprise when he got beat by Kreis for the second goal.

Fabrice is going down to easily in the box, we don't need another Ruiz in this league.

This team really misses Karanka, but not Pablo except as a sub for Karanka in the starting 11.

Dedi was somewhat invisible today.

Peterson needs to do better, he had a great goal last week but he missed some oppertunities today.

OK, I'm retiring the dead horse that is the Kirovski aquisition for now.

Stoner said that FSL is on the hook for part of Mathis' contract next season as well which I didn't realize.

We need Joe. Bouna isn't cut out for this level yet.

25. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what it would look like if Dedi and Denton switched roles on the left side. Dedi doesn't have much pace, but seems to have decent positional awareness.

Denton is at his best going forward and all too often, loses his man by trying to chase the ball. He's a midfielder, without a doubt.