Rapids owners keeping "files" on Rapids Fans

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by lfcli30, Jul 2, 2012.

1. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Would be surprised if the Dynamo didn't have files on every single "troublemaker" in the SS. ********ing ridiculous.

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only does FCDallas have a file on me, the Inferno have their own chant dedicated to me...

#winning

15 to 32, chitownboi, Kejsare and 5 others repped this.
  4. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, JC507 and The_Ponce are probably the first two files in the stack lmao.

The_Ponce, ImaPuppy and JC507 repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It makes sense to keep of file of incidents. Of course where it falls apart is that their level of what's an "incident" is laughably low and not consistently enforced across the organization (things Rapids fans get busted for at the Dick happen regularly with Nuggets and Avs fans at the Pepsi Center with no problems). Also there's no rules or policies to indicate when your file of incidents results in a lifetime ban.

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    The supporters should start keeping public files on incidents with security and staff. Customer service ******** up? Name and number on the web. Security drops an f-bomb? Post a photo of the guy who did it.

Supporters united will be unstoppable.

7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That was the theory behind the Independent Supporters Council, but they're more like a sorority, exchanging recipes on their blog. Anyone who is an actual advocate for supporters rights is not welcome. And you can see how quickly ISC has jumped on this issue.

In San Jose, when the FO tried to censor a tifo, the 1906 Ultras completely shut down the atmosphere the following game. No standing, no chanting, just sitting silently in the stadium visibly motionless above a banner that read "CENSORED" and with duct-tape over the supporters' mouths. The controversy became a story in a local paper that ordinarily offers no real coverage of Quakes games. Regular fans started begging the front office to make amends. It was the best thing that ever happened to the Ultras because everyone else, fans and FO alike, realized just how indispensible the Ultras were.

Postscript? If you watched the California Clasico on TV over the weekend, you know that San Jose is now a Free Speech zone with a capital F-bomb.

Unak78, jvilla07 and BBBulldog repped this.
  8. Mucky

Mucky Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Manchester England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally rather than buying into their bullshit I would go the other way.
    The whole supporters section need to arrange a chant with as many F-bombs as possible relating to this and sing it in unison throughout the last 5 minutes of the game.
    What they going to do, eject and ban all their fans?
    ******** 'em
    Sometimes the only way to beat tyranny and authoritarianism is through direct confrontation and doing the opposite of what they demand.

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its KSE? Yes.

Remember this is the same organization who's last Managing Director told the SG leaders to their face that the SG's could be replaced and they weren't needed. They've wised up from there, at least the people inside the Rapids part of the organization, but don't underestimate the stupidity of the greater KSE empire.

10. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhm, they do. A couple of years back at the Rob a friend of mine misplaced her car and back tracked it to the stadium. She told them she was at the game and that she knew me. Upon mentioning my name, they asked her if I was the same as my alias in EB. She was told they had profiles on "all of them."

11. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    WHAT? This is sick.

Who has time to put together profiles on "all of them." Are they paying someone to compile these things? This whole situation is preposterous, really.

12. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who says we don't? ;)

13. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    A Yelp for MLS security goons and FO people.

bunge repped this.
  14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What did Mr. Montoya due to earn that?

Also who is Alo Staley?

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reportedly a "verbal assault" on a security member/KSE employee. See the Prost Amerika article linked in the OP for more details.

No idea.

profiled repped this.
  17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also the Rapids FO is (apparently, since I'm getting the information secondhand) claiming this is coming from KSE corporate and they weren't informed of the decision until after it was made.

18. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Alo Staley is as Security Manager for KSE.

Oh and MLS HQ has security employees who reads the boards.

19. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, the "Who, Me?" defense.

20. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Free speech is great! I'm not in favor of Supporter's Groups being censored. However, a little responsibility is in order. Your Ultras came across as crass and unimaginative! And that may be what you were shooting for. But consider this. Television programmers have a responsibility to the FCC and they need to appeal to an audience. If groups insist on using the F-word in chants, then eventually, the field microphones positioned near the groups will be turned off. Because you still can't drop audible F-bombs on TV.

21. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the FO got what they wanted out of you guys too. The Ultras tifo hasn't produced anything as remotely offensive since the incident either.

22. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supreme Court might disagree with you regarding barely audible F-bombs.

23. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    They can tongue my bung-hole.

loonixxx and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  24. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Why does the Rapids FO insist on repeatedly proving how incompetent they are?

COMtnGuy and SYoshonis repped this.
  25. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What was the point of creating the terraces at DSGP if not to encourage a more vocal supporters section. Did they really expect a golf clap atmosphere from these guys. The suits in KSE need to loosen their neckties, because I'm certain the bloodflow to their brains is being restricted.