Rapids Logo

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by javier66, Nov 30, 2005.

1. javier66

javier66 Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Mission, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I was just on MLSnet web site and I go into the rapids site and I see the Rapids Youth soccer acadamy logo. The academy logo is a lot better than the present Rapids logo. I think the Rapids should use the academy logo, just replace the academy title. What do ya think?

2. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it, a lot...but it looks a bit like the Clashquakes logo with a mountain thrown in.

The current one is nice and simple. besides, we've changed it enough recently.

3. MetroShawn5

MetroShawn5 Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that the current logos (both the circle "crest" and the nameplate across the front of the jersey) need revisited. The nameplate looks particularly out of place across the front of the home jersey. The away kit is not so bad. The youth acadamy logo is certainly better, but not the final solution.

4. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current Rapids logo looks horrible. A soccer ball punching out a paper circle. Whatever. At least it's not a lightning breathing horse.

The Rapids pi$$ed away a lot of brand building when they switched to the black and blue kits. The whole league had the opportunity to establish key branding by players in certain markets (distinguishing themselves from other pro leagues). 'celo trade to NY, Spencer dumping, Kreis trade, Donovan team switch, and others have made this just another pro league (my random set of players, some of which my hated rival had last year, are better than yours). Whatever.

KSE doesn't think enough of their fans to install a simple web cam to view construction. They'll change the name, logo, colors, location at will, and you'll learn to freakin' like it!

5. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats because the rapids fans have not been vocal at all and dont hold FO accountable AT ALL FOR ANYTHING. Rapids fans deserve to be kicked around until they shape up their act and start getting louder

6. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the actual topic, I think the soccer academy logo looks rather prefab/canned. Also, I don't like the brownish halo around the soccer ball.

7. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because you know all about the Rapids out in Davis. How does that manure smell? Thanks for your input, it is so helpful.

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Jesus halo affect doesn't do it for you? :)

9. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bro, anyone that follows MLS regardless of where they are knows what I am talking about. Im sorry if I was stern, but im a blunt person and I speak the absolute truth. Dont deny the situation in Colorado.

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sick of fans of other teams coming to our board and telling us we don't support the Rapids in the right way. My reaction at this point is knee jerk. Come to a game, sit in section 127 and I would think you're opinion will be different.

11. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    trolls are best ignored.

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I like that soccer academy logo then the current Rapids one, not trying to troll just letting you know what I think.

13. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that logo looks pretty good. Maybe take off the soccer/halo thingy, but at least as a starting point, its not bad.

Actually, in my opinion, take the soccer balls out of ALL MLS logos/crests.

Lee

14. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd support the Rapids bring something like this out.

[​IMG]

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FuzzyForeigner again.

Negative, obviously...

16. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    FSL fans are great ... they have one season under their belt and have the "Newnes" affect ... and they think they know everything and support their team better than anyone. ZZZZZ.