News: Rapids land Cameroonian in lottery

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by WJMarx, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not trying to be condescending, I don't care either way. I mean that as it will be easier for him here, as there are people here that speak a little French from high school or college. I don't you're going to find many indigenous language speakers here outside of those communities. If he only spoke Bimba (my brother in law was in the Peace Corps in Zambia, its what he spoke there), he'd be up the creek without a paddle. I'm ALL for being multi lingual, I just wanted the transition to be easier for him, and him speaking a European language will make it easier.

2. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I hope his skills make him an impact player and his native language doesn't make him an Impact player.

~F8~, m vann, Stuart95 and 2 others repped this.
  3. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my goodness, I DON'T CARE WHAT LANGUAGE HE SPEAKS!!! I'm just thinking about an 18 year old kid, who is in a strange place, and doesn't speak the language. Its a difficult situation, and speaking French will help him. That's all. Geez...

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you missed the joke. He capitalized Impact, as in he hopes that due to him speaking French he doesn't go to the Montreal Impact (where the primary language in that province is French).

jayd8888 repped this.
  5. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, you're right, I didn't catch that :).

6. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best quip of the week

7. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that is oldest looking teenager i have seen ;)

COMtnGuy repped this.
  8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He speaks Italian?? ;) :D

Stuart95 repped this.
  9. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here we go again, sounds like we are starting over on the deal, but at least he traveled here.

Chris Bianchi ‏@Rapids_News 11m So had I. But told deal not completed yet. RT @JDSportsfan85: @Rapids_News heard it was a permenant deal already

Chris Bianchi ‏@Rapids_News 15m Will have feature on how and why this Eloundou madness unfolded, timing depends on Rapids this week. But there's a pretty clear explanation.

Chris Bianchi ‏@Rapids_News 17m Eloundou's reps flying out in next few weeks to hammer out new deal - looking to make it an extension of original deal (1-yr loan w/opt.).

Chris Bianchi ‏@Rapids_News 18m Spoke with Eloundou's agent- his was "classic case of a man being pulled in so many different directions and trying to please everyone".

22SteveD repped this.
  10. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well 1 year w/option means that we should have him next year if we want him (the option). Though not showing up for the 1st year of the deal my have blown that all up.

11. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking the option refers to buy his rights option. Sure sounds like contract was broke when he didn't show up, unless we still paid him...

22SteveD repped this.
  12. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My goodness... can't we do something about this manager? Denver has a lot of Italians, yes? Someone give Uncle Guido a baseball bat and make a phone call...

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24787476

Fleming writes an article about Eloundou for BBC Sport. Sounds like Coton Sport basically said f-you to MLS and kept him as long as they could before some higher power was about to drop the hammer on them. Ah, corruption.

COMtnGuy and Totoro repped this.
  14. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Good find. If English readers unfamiliar with MLS actually read that, they were probably bewildered by the part that mentions MLS player acquisition mechanisms:

JasonMa repped this.
  15. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice find, a shame this simple comment here never got reported till now:

Even the involvement of Fifa by MLS did not speed up the release of Eloundou as Coton Sport insisted they would step aside once their season had ended, and not before.

22SteveD repped this.