Rapids Kroenke trying to go "all in" for Arsenal!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by RedBulls, Jul 21, 2007.

1. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
  2. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    From my understanding, Arsene doesn't do "summer tours"--maybe he'll have to with a new boss.

3. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hmm... I remember a lot of people speculating the Rapids would become the Arsenal when they move into the new stadium. One would have to think that would be in the works if he actually did.

4. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word in Rapidland is that the Colorado Arsenal ship has sailed. It was discussed, thought about, implemented, and ultimately passed on.
    ------------------

What this means for Arsenal, the Rapids, and MLS? Hopefully it means that Arsenal will have Clavijo as a coach, and the Kirovski as the attacking mid.

I understand that this wouldn't be viewed as a positive for Arsenal. It'd be, "the coming of the lord" for the Rapids.

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    god damn, that is a lot of money if TRUE...how could Arsenal be worth more than Man U is beyond me....

6. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Helllooo London Rapids.

7. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Emirates.

8. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    You mean the North London Rapids playing in GREEN BABY!!!!

9. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    almost 1.3 billion dollars and this guy does not spend any cash on a DP or tow for the Rapids?

That is the question I would be asking myself if I was a Rapids Supporter.

10. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got some much more basic issues to sort out. What good is a DP if you're gonna surround him with crap? What good is a DP if you're coach is likely to play him out of position in order to keep Jovan Kirovski on the field?

First things first, 1.3 billion is a lot when the team doesn't want to fire Clavijo because they don't want to pay a new coach while having to still pay the old one.

DP's icing on the cake. Right now we're looking for a cake to ice.

11. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Emirates has to definately be a huge part of the cost...not sure what Arsenal paid for the stadium to be built, but they used a lot of debt to do it with. According to wikipedia, emirates cost 390 million pounds - 780 million USD

12. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha this is a funny thread. As for Kroenke he can go sit on a dilly and spin.

We are worth more then Manure because we own 2 stadiums. Emirates which was around $700 million american to build. As well we are redeveloping Highbury into apartments which we are going to sell in 09-10. As well we own other properties around the new Emirates as well. When i visited their last fall all you could see were signs saying that "This property is acquired by Arsenal and is set for redevelopment." The great thing about all this is once these properties are developed and sold away it will eliminate our debt completely which as of 2006 was $520 million dollars. In 5 years we will easily be one of the richest clubs in the world and most of us are willing to wait until then as well.

13. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must have figured it out. Why should Clavijo give a damn about MLS when he knows he's the next Arsenal manager. And this way Wenger will get a good draft pick next year as the Rapids coach. What a plan!

15. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger has been heard to wonder out loud, "What is a draft pick?"

16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Kroenke has been seen as wanting this for a while. It isn't surprising that he continues to want to be the majority owner and takeover Arsenal. I hope the whole RMA name change debacle is behind us...

17. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    And i believe his original 14% stake in the club is what drove Thierry Henry away, and why Wenger will not renew his contract past this upcoming season.

18. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? How did you manage to come up with this? Its pretty funny though, maybe you should be a comedian.

19. ThaSaltCracka

ThaSaltCracka New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

20. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

It's not. But it's on the market right now and ManU isn't.

The Cubs could fetch a $800 million–$1 billion later this year, but nobody would value them above the Yankees. They just happen to be setting the current market.

21. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California
    Actually, it's just the opposite of that.

Kroenke is supported by David Dein, who quit Arsenal, because they rejected Kroenke's offer. Both Wenger and Henry were disturbed by the departure of Dein - but Wenger is waiting to see if Dein returns as part of a Kroenke takeover.

I don't think the Arsenal board can reject Kroenke's offer - if it means that Wenger will not renew his contract otherwise.

22. THEO_THEO_WALCOTT

Oct 11, 2006
    Seems like we have a regular nostradumbass on these forums....please share how you came to these amazing insights, and NO, The Sun does NOT count.

23. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Sources from inside Emirates Stadium.

24. THEO_THEO_WALCOTT

Oct 11, 2006
    These 'sources' told me that spurs fans stink of cabbage and steal from the elderly.

25. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    I've supported Spurs for exactly 12 hours, I used to support Arsenal.