Rapids @ Houston 1pm 4/19 {r}

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by fhnkeeper03, Apr 12, 2009.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30 seconds plus 3 minutes of stoppage

2. Taylor FC

Taylor FC New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Commerce City, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mehdi is utterly and completely USELESS!

3. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +3 of xtra time.

4. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW! Another game!! Hummm... We seriously should just drop him!!

5. teddy_montoya

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooke pushes the ball just wide. Final!

1-0

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cookie with the closest thing we had to a dangerous shot all game (other than the PK) with the final kick of the game. Just wide.

Still 4 points from 4 road games and 3 points from our one home game is a good start. We're on pace for 60 points this season. :D

7. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
  8. Taylor FC

Taylor FC New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Commerce City, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. But that's under the assumption that we continue to win at home. With the way we've looked, I'm not so sure.

9. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a great game, but I'll take the 4 points on this road swing. Ball-douchy was invisible again. The entire midfield looked tired and uninspired. Too many long balls to nobody. I doubt we won a 50-50 ball until the last 15 minutes. That tiny field plays havoc on this team. We're just not equipped to play in such tight quarters.

Hopefully we can get on the right track against LA next weekend.

10. FutbolCrazy

FutbolCrazy BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    This team, like the entire Rapids organization, is ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS.

3 game losing streak ? Just schedule the Rapids.

I have not yet seen anything from Gary Smith that he is anything more than a former assistant to Clavijoke.

This team appears to have no "strategy" on its attack. Just heave the ball forward and pray the Casey latched on to it, I guess.

Ballouchy is absolute SHYTE. Why he continues to start is truly one of man's greatest mysteries. Hell, put in an Under 18 player.

The Houston goal is all on Kimura. Instead of quickly challenging the man with the ball -- he backed off 15 meters and gave he a free passing lane to the box. Truly U12 stuff right there.

This team will never win anything. MLS should just shut it down now. I predict barely 12K at the next home match.

11. danfalcons18

danfalcons18 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I hate to blame it on our top goal scorer, but why the hell would you kick it right down the middle against Onstad?

12. bhd816

bhd816 New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    My U12 developmental girls don't back down like that.

13. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    The team I watched the last two weeks is bad. By bad I mean not good. The Rapids have elected to play 2009 with players that failed to produce in 2008. Others may see things in Smith that I don't. Perhaps there are more ways to judge a coach then by the way their team plays on the field, but that's on the top of my list. The team on the field plays poorly. More of my thoughts are here.

14. bhd816

bhd816 New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    And medhi is supposed to be our savior. Too funny. He is worthless.

15. bhd816

bhd816 New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    And what is up with only using 1 sub!

16. FutbolCrazy

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    That, my friend, is STRAIGHT out the Clavijoke coaching manual.

17. Home n dry

Home n dry New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, i guess i understand the dissappointment, but really it wasn't as bad as all that. They didn't play all that well, esp. Clark, Cummings, Kimura, LaBrocca, but relatively speaking, they were in it all game, and nearly stole a point they didn't deserve. And that on a rather veteran save by Onstad.

5 points on the rooad was my best case scenario preseason. I'll certainly take 4!

Now on to the unfinished business of establishing home consistency...

18. problem child

problem child New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    he may have been trying to save the other two in order to use five subs in the next match.

:eek:

19. bhd816

bhd816 New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    But claviho didn't have a coaching manual

20. FutbolCrazy

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    Speaking of the Balloser, my feeble Spanish skills had me thinking that the announcers were talking back and forth about why Ballouchy is the Rapids midfielder when they had Gomez last season.

There was also some kind of discussion of why the Rapids are simply not as good as the top teams in MLS.

21. FutbolCrazy

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    Watching that game - you just knew that the Rapids had no chance to win, let alone get a decent shot off. Connor earned that penalty all alone, and then proceeded to choke it away.

The gulf between Houston and Colorado in coaching, strategy, and talent is gigantic.

22. Home n dry

Home n dry New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And yes, I still agree that a little more talent on the roster might have carried the day.

23. problem child

problem child New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    i overheard yesterday that the #10 jersey is going to be hanging in his locker on monday morning. it would have been sooner but the rapids are still waiting for a jersey sponser.

24. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Poor crosses, Poor corner kicks and Poor spacing in the goalie box by the attacking forwards. The attacking forwards always space themselves in a straight line within 7-8 yards of each other between the 6 and 12 yard line. Crosses go to far behind them or in front of them. They need to stagger themselves.

25. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
    To jasonma,
    That pinball play is exactly how the rapids (soccer in general) need to cross the ball. More to the back of the goalie box so a ball can be shot back toward the goal, and by doing so, the ball will bounce off everybody like a pinball and go in the goal. Not all the time but according to my calculations, 30% of the time.