Rapids @ Houston 1pm 4/19 {r}

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by fhnkeeper03, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Ace7

Ace7 Member

May 1, 2006
    On Comcast, Telefutura is on channel 14.

2. FutbolCrazy

FutbolCrazy BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    The Rapids generally suck versus Houston. This season will be no different. The back line will screw up royally at least twice.

2-0 Houston and the Rapids drop back to the middle of the West pack.

3. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I don't think Hainault will start as Boswell and Cameron have been playing well lately. I also don't think Ade Akinbiyi will either have his visa or be 90 minutes match fit. So.....

--------Ching---Kamara----
    -----------Davis-------------
    Holden-------------Mullan
    -----------Clark--------
    Barrett--Cameorn--Boswell--- Mulrooney
    ------------Onstad--------------

Bench: Akinbiyi?, Hainault, James, Ashe, Wondolowski

Is what I would expect that you would see.

IMHO, Clark v. Mullan/Mulrooney is going to be fun to watch. I think Mulrooney has been playing really well lately. Casey is always a beast up top, but Houston has always struggled with speedy forwards.

Also, UH has their Spring football game the day before, I believe, so football lines and the field will probably be even worse than normal.

Regardless, should be a good game.

4. 7Dani18

7Dani18 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Northglenn
    I saw on 9News this morning that the English broadcast for Sunday's game will be on NBC.

Not sure if it will be on the my 20 channel or on the regular NBC.

5. H.C.

H.C. New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    KUSA-DT
    NBC9.1
    NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers Game 3 (HD)

KUSA-DT2
    NBC9.2« 9 News Weather Plus9 News Weather Plus

KUSA-DT3
    UNV SPORTS9.3 Colorado Rapids Soccer: Rapids at Houston Dynamo

This is from the 9news.com TV Listings. It seems the recent switch to digital from analog allows for multiple channels. So, they list channels 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3. The website does not tell us how to find the channels on our TV sets. How do I tune in to channel 9.3?

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My digital TV that hooks right into the wall allows me to tune to X.X channels. My main TV that hooks through my Comcast HD/DVR box doesn't so I'll need to know what channel to change the HD box to to see it.

7. NL1NateDogg

NL1NateDogg New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Loveland
    :confused:????????????????????????Do you still have a Betamax also Jason???????????????????????????????:confused:

8. H.C.

H.C. New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Ah! I see!
    For Comcast in Longmont:
    Channels:
    9.1 = 9
    9.2 = 249
    9.3 = 250

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :confused: WTF? My TV's are both less than a year old, its just that when the main one is hooked into the HD/DVR I lose the ability to tune it through the TV, I have to use the Comcast HD/DVR box, and that box doesn't allow me to select X.X digital channels.

H.C. thanks for tracking those down, I'll check to see if they're the same in Thornton when I get home.

10. Home n dry

Home n dry New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So is it only available in HD? I'll check reguar Comcast. If not, It's down to the 'Dog, or continue my ongoing Spanish lessons, courtesy Pablo Ramirez y Jesus Bracomontes ("Hablame, Jesus!"). I'm learning alot, if you count "Tiro de Esquina" as conversational Spanish. I do! Plus, they are excellent announcers.

Same situation this week as last. Trying to keep the road vibe going against a highly regarded, but poorly performing team. Add in the crappy pitch, but subtract the pestiferous Robinson, and the potential is there for the same result, which would add up to 5 points for the trip, and a very happy Rapids fan here.

For fun, I'm throwing in our first league clean sheet of the year, and a bevy of busty chicas on the Mexican-language broadcast. FIESTAAAAA!

Rapids 0-0 Houston.

11. H.C.

H.C. New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Found out it is a digital channel (not an HD channel)called NBC Universal Sports (a.k.a. US or NBC US or KUSADT3).

For the channel in your local comcast area, go to comcast.com, click on TV Programming, then Channel Lineup.

12. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

I love watching Futbol on the Mexican channels. I catch the big Mexican game every week (I dont have FSC or GOLTV so I'll take what I can get). The announcers are great.

I found a handy link to soccer phrase translations that should help non-spanish speakers.

http://www.popling.net/poplings/view_popling.php?popling_id=132

13. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    It is on Universal Sports. Ever since Channel 9 has put that on their digital signal I have been watching it. They have all the sports that the mainstream sports channel poo poo. Cycling, tons of world cup skiiing, equestrian; reminds me of when I lived in Europe. All the sports they would show there and a lot of live events. That channel has become my second favorite channel since I discovered it a month ago. Now, I don't have to watch some brain dead sports talk show on ESPN or some stupid irrelevant sporting event like the Strongest Man competition or some totally wierd (so called sporting Huh??? event called) Poker.

Will this be the first time the Rapids have a regular season game on an English free over the air broadcast?

14. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Just checked Universal Sports.

My Program Guide is showing the game for sunday afternoon Rapids vs Houston. I'm using my Dish Network HD DVR to pull in all 26 of the over-the-air digital local channels.

15. Home n dry

Home n dry New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    High Five! And thanks for the link.

Still no specifics about Universal. apparently no way of getting it on comcast basic, and I'm not sure where you'd find it on expanded basic. Mexican TV it is!

16. Home n dry

Home n dry New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Another thread has the info. Channel 250 on comcast, which I've never seen before -must have just been put up. Right now, they're showing cycling, which for one as TV sport-deprived as me, calls for celebration!

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prediction time:

2-1 loss, goal by Omar Cummings. The Rapids have been historically bad in Houston, and the Dynamo have to turn things around eventually. We're at the end of a long road trip and somewhat beat up. I expect the teams to play pretty even but Houston will get a lucky home bounce off the torn up field to score the winner.

This is one week I won't mind being wrong. ;)

http://view-from-the-couch.blogspot.com/2009/04/rapids-hoping-to-crush-orange.html

18. danfalcons18

danfalcons18 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  19. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Prediction:

Houston 2-2 Rapids

Simple:
    The Houston offense will exploit Burpo.
    The Houston defense will not be able to handle Omar and Casey.
    The midfield will be messy on both sides.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean like this multi-page thread right below this one?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=974720

Any reason to think Pickens won't be starting? He's not on the injury list.

21. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Boy I sure wish there was a game starting today........ Must fill this void. Freaking Sunday games! How about three assists from a machine-like highly motivated terry Cooke who wrestles the starting spot back for the next month.

23. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Taylor FC

Taylor FC New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Commerce City, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he's fully recovered from a groin injury he got in L.A. during the USOC match. He was saying on WSD on Wednesday that he's not 100% yet.

25. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    weak, damn it! I guess that match up page is to be believe for once.