News: Rapids Fire Fraser

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I give it to the Rapids to AGAIN dismantle the team after success. Recall after the Cup in 2010 they dumped Smith & broke up the team, too. And no, a Rapids successful core accomplishing *anything* is a once in a decade event for this sorry franchise.

I really liked Frasier. Watched him as a Fox player long ago. Watch him go on like Smith, Pablo, etc. and win elsewhere.

the 2010 Cup team and the 2021 Western Conference/Shield teams need to reload, not burg to the ground. Padraig will hoot be gone too.

r

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree on the 2010 team. That was an average team with some older stars that had everyone get hot at the right time and rode it to a championship. Remember that in August the team was on such a bad run that they had to lower the season ticket renewal price because nobody was renewing. When that team was broken up only two players went on to have any sustained MLS-level success anywhere else, Larentowicz and Casey. Everyone else dropped off pretty quickly when they left.

(Drew Moor had success too, but he didn't leave as part of breaking that team up in the following year or two)

Stuart95 repped this.
  3. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh, maybe. I saw 2010 as a team that got heathy and gelled, then made the playoffs 2011 with like only 3 or 4 of the Cup team healthy…so they lost, Smith got pissed at the RFO for ‘the Rapids Way’ circadian 2011, then it was back to AAA Rapids for a decade…

r

JasonMa repped this.
  4. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was an odd MLS Cup run as well ... Omar and Connor getting hot, losing the last game of the season to RSL and then coming in via the Eastern Conference, and then the crazy final in Toronto.

5. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If I was the Rapids, I would have commissioned a statue of Kanji scoring the goal and place it at the Dick. We may never see another championship.

rapidsmarc, JasonMa and Stuart95 repped this.
  6. rapidsmarc

rapidsmarc Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    I used to dream that the statue we would have in front of the Dick would be the classic imagoe of Pablo bending over and lowering his shorts in the direction of Salt Lake and their fans. How times have changed...

Sports Yak, COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.