Rapids/Fire 10/18 pre/post-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by bigdush, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    If this doesn't improve soon, we will be in jeopardy of entering the playoffs in 3rd place without even one win in over 1 and 1/2 months. This really sucks big time.

2. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maestro out for Dallas fixture... I don't even care...

Beasley scores.... 1-3...

Pathetic...

3. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckerman subbed in for ???.... ZiZi subbed in for Henderson...

Time to sell Mastroeni, the guy doesn't get on the field enough to be valuable... but I don't want him going to another MLS side...

4. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zi Zi!!!! 2-3!!!

5. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blake subbed in for Carrieri in the 80th...

6. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will Noel Kenny be the difference in the game???

7. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZI ZI!!!!!! 3-3 88th minute!!!!!

8. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Woohoo

Way to go ZiZi!

9. spook

spook New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Lafayette, CO
    I now forgive Zizi for all of the seemingly crappy/worthless/annoying offsides the last few games! Sounds like he was close again but was indeed on-side!

Harder to admit, but I'll also forgive him all the bad touches!

10. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please dear God, give us a Zi Zi hat trick.

11. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have got to be kidding me.

12. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FVCKING CHRIS ARMAS!!! Are you kidding me!??!?!?!

3-4

Is that Beckerman's man???

13. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Noel Kenny is the difference, thanks a lot fvckhead!

14. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want the Fire in the Final...

15. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Pablo & Powell

Noticed in the box score that Pablo & Powell played together in the central midfield for 2/3's of the match, based on the radio coverage (I know, difficult to tell) how did this combination work ?

16. spook

spook New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Lafayette, CO
    Man...this sucks. Back to 3rd for us.

I'll say three things for the boys:
    1) They fought to the end tonight. Three goals at Soldier Field, coming back after being down 3-1, fighting against the #1 team in MLS (San Jose ain't gonna come back, IMO) AND fighting the worst ref of them all, Noel K. We deserved at least a point (a point that would have kept us in 2nd, no less).
    2) They have had the toughest season-closing schedule - SJ once, KC twice, Chicago twice and NE once. All now #1 or #2 in their division. It sucks not to have kept our lead over KC, but we've battled through a tough schedule. Not making excuses, but that's a tough schedule.
    3) However, if we had better finishing, we'd still be #2 and might have had a shot at #1 (from Hirdt's 'Analyze This': "Colorado has put more shots on goal than its opponents by more than a 2-to-1 margin (79–38)." It's not like we didn't put together some decent games, but I'm really sick of seeing perfectly good opportunities going wide or high.

OK, fourth thing. We can definitely take KC in a home-and-home series. I *REALLY* want to do it form 2nd place though. Purely for momentum...

It's not over yet. Three points from Dallas and we have a chance.

17. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    We really could of used the Trembly hat trick.

18. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    On The Radio!X?!!XZ

Just one comment about this non televising issue. Either the Rapids are hurting financially, and with the new owner that shouldn't be the case, or they just don't give a pooch about the fans. On MLS Shootout, for the second week in a row, I was able to watch every other match except the Rapids. Last week I watched them all but Kansas City. This week, all but Chicago. This is truly rediculous. While we wanted to fire Tim and Dan early on, we still stuck with the team and attended matches when they stunk. Now, when the season is on the line, they can't find the money or motivation to make sure the fans get to follow the Raps. If lowly Dallas can televise it's away matches, then the Rapids certainly should be able to. Instead of the radio, I stuck a ball shaped casserole in the microwave and watched it go around. It was almost as exciting as listening to the radio, or looking for updates on the bottom of the screen as I watched all the other matches. We are getting the shaft!!! I wish I thought Dan cared!!!

19. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
  20. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I just want to say badass goal by ZiZi. I was able to watch it on MLS Wrap. That ball was blazing even in slo-mo.

Also although I'm very pissed that there was no tv coverage, the Chicago Radio guy wasn't bad at all.
    "Coach K" and Keith Blyer could really lear something from whoever that was.

21. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I saw only the highlights on MLS Wrap. What a horrible job by the Rapids of not clearing the ball before the final goal. To come back in Chicago from 2 goals down with 2 great goals by Zizi was a nice show of determination and resiliance by the Rapids. And then to have it be all for naught with that final goal is pretty disappointing.

Time for the Rapids to put this loss behind them, go into Dallas, play well, get a win and have some positive momentum heading into the playoffs.

22. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Noticed in the box score that Pablo & Powell played together in the central midfield for 2/3's of the match, based on the radio coverage (I know, difficult to tell) how did this combination work ?

WELL-while this combination was in the score got to be 3-1 chicago... When Beckerman came in they got it back tie until the last few seconds...so IMO I don't think it was that super what so ever...

23. generall

generall New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    Great goals by Zizi. Beasley is obviously an incredible player with tremendous speed/quickness, but when will Hankinson learn Hart has no business trying to mark him. After the recent debacles when the two have been matched up, why has Hankinson not adjusted the lineup? It's unbelievable the way Hankinson leaves Hart so exposed.

24. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    I just went to mlsnet.com and saw the highlight of the demarcus goal. I'm surprise Hart didn't pinch a nut from the leg-crossing he got.

If the rapids meet the fire in the final, something has to be done about DMBs side of the field. If that means finding someone with a little more speed and sticking him in for Hart, then so let it be.

Hart truly is DMB's bitch....................and it hurts to say that.

25. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Okay, so if there were highlights, how come the game wasn't televised live? I mean, if someone was taping the game so there could be hightlights, then why no Fox feed or Shootout? This is complete crap.

At least last week, neither KC or CO had coverage but I'm sure that Jack Edwards was announcing the game on Saturday and so that should have been on.