Rapids/Fire 10/18 pre/post-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by bigdush, Oct 17, 2003.

1. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Since nobody else will start it, I guess I will.

Who is going to get the foul on Beasley that gets him some sort of "I get fouled a bunch" record?

Rapidfire email has Pow-Pow and El Mastro playing in the midfield together (probable line-up). Which one of the two is supposed to be the one stringing passes together and probing defenses?

I would like to see the Rapids knock the Fire off of there pedestal after the Open Cup win (actually, I would like to see a total demoralization). But, I think I'm gonna say:

Fire 2-0 Rapids

Beasley gets the record tying foul for a PK in the first 5 minutes and then breaks the record by getting fouled for another PK late in the first half.

Rapids play balls off the sticks at least twice, but can't seem to break Thornton.

2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    This game is VERY important for the Rapids in terms of confidence going into the playoffs.

I'm hoping for a Rapids win ... but it's going to be very difficult.

If we can shut down Beasley, Ralf, and keep Razov from turning the game in some way in a single action (could be a nice shot ... or another pathetic dive) ... I think we can do it.

3. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Beasley gets the record when a fan reaches out and grabs, no wait, that's Wrigley Field.

Fire 3-0 when Aunty Razov gets revenge by burying the 2 PK's set up in bigdush's post. Trembly nets an own goal when challenging one of Thornton kicks, he and the ball are sent hurtling and elude a surprised and somewhat bemused Garlick at the other end.

Seriously, we shouldn't really care because the game is not on TV or local radio.
    Ok, all kidding aside, I think it will be 3-0 Fire and will unfold exactly as I state above and w/o any media to refute it, I feel pretty comfortable with that prediction.

4. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Let me break the chain as well as well as what little credibility I might not have and predict:

Rapids: 2 (Chung, CC)
    Fire: 1 (Ralph)

Nothing like the excitement of watching a game.... on MLSnet.com. Oh the anticipation of waiting for the screen to refresh.

5. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    radio for Fire game

From today's RapidFire e-mail:
    Radio Spanish: KMXA 1090 AM

Also, online broadcast of a Chicaog station as discussed in the Radio for CHI v COL thread.

I see us fighting for yet another draw: 1-1.

6. pigtail

pigtail New Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Easy win for the Rapids

7. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I was going to predict a tie for this game, until I saw this on MLSNet:

Noel Kenny. Its hard to imagine that we've actually won 3 games with this guy as ref...

8. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Seth Trembly comes in in the second half and scores a hat trick. We lose 4-3.

9. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Rapids: 1
    Ditka: 53

The Fire

10. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer!

Hey this is a SOCCER post so no more football jokes.

Rapids 16 Bears 7

RLH

11. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Re: Soccer!

I apologize, I went too far. :)

I actually feel pretty optimistic about this game because I washed my jersey which seemed to be covered in bad Mojo. We've had so much trouble with Chicago this year that I think it's our turn to win, which will be a great moral booster going into Dallas and KC. After that I feel pretty good about the single game elimination. Anyone know where I can purchase MLS Cup tickets?

12. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Question to all of you.

Unless you are in Chicago or are going to watch the game via some webcast, how are you going to comment on this game?

Are you going to get your silly remarks from some unknown radio anouncer from Chicago?

13. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    "Are you going to get your silly remarks from some unknown radio anouncer from Chicago?"

I don't need any help making up my own silly remarks :)

Rapids 21 - Fire 20 (blocked extra point)

14. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Playoff games

Can someone set me straight on something. I say that the playoff games in the first round are best of three. In other words if after the first and second game we are tying with Kansas then there will be a third deciding game. Am I out to sea on this one? If we only play 2 games what happens with a tie? And where is the home field advantage if you only play once at home?

15. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Re: Playoff games

Go to www.mlsnet.com -- it will be explained there.

1st round (quarter finals) Home and away. 2 games. Home field advantage = 2nd game at home. Most goals wins.

2nd round (semis) 1 game homefield advantage means you host the game.

16. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thanks for the mlsnet site tip. The reason I was hoping I was right is that my husband has a 50 reunion in Phoenix on Nov 7th. Aaaagh! Thought I might get a chance to watch another game if they tied the first 2. So, looks like I had better hope for them to finish in 3rd place so they have a game on Oct 31st. Otherwise I have to find a way of not going to the reunion. Of course, SJ just might lose to Dallas and we beat KC, that would mean the Concerence final would be here. Right? All this figuring gives me a headache!

17. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe I'm listening to a regular season game on f****** Radio!!!! I don't care what Kreonke's motives are... As a supporter, and season ticket holder, this is a JOKE! Bad first move!

Radio!!!!! I'm gunna go grab my decoder ring...

B-E-S-U-R-E-T-O-D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E...

18. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    What radio station???? I can't even find that! This coverage thing really sucks!

19. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As radio goes this isn't too bad.

Chicago up one due to a PK. Nat fouled Jacqua.

Lineup for those interested:

Scott Garlick, Wes Hart, Nat Borchers, Robin Fraser, Ritchie Kotschau, Chris Henderson, Pablo Mastroeni, Darryl Powell, Mark Chung, John Spencer, Chris Carrieri

20. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Kenny F***ed us with a questionable penalty at the top of the box, and then missed an Armas handball in the box...

Would have been nice to see with my own eyes...

22. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hendo Equalizes! 1-1

23. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids applying lots of pressure, Spenny shot saved off the post and for a corner...

F-ing Radio...

24. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *In Higgins voice (from Magnum P.I.)*
    OH MY... GOD!!!!!!!

Chris Armas scores... 1-2...

Incredible...