Rank the West Ham Bitterness Factor

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by GringoTex, Sep 1, 2006.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Who's fans are the most bitter about the West Ham Argie Scoop?

5) Liverpool fans: Actually, I haven't seen that much bitterness on the part of Liverpool fans. They've grown accustomed to fighting it out with Gerrard and a bunch of anonymous Iberian types. They come in at #5 simply because they're one of the top 4 powers in England, and must feel some discomfort at this encroachment on their turf.

4) Chelsea fans: Chelsea fans aren't bitter yest, but wait until they find out their Russian oligarch is not behind all this. Although they must feel some disappointment that having Mascherano would have allowed them to field the first five-central-mids formation in the history of soccer.

3) Tottenham fans: For years, they have comforted themselves with the fact that they are the fifth biggest club in England, nevermind their finish. After this year's ninth place finish, they'll have to comfort themselves with knowledge of being the sixth biggest club in England.

2) Arsenal fans: They have a 400-post thread titled "Arsenal Signs Tevez." Enough said.

1) ManChester United fans: This is the seventh sign of the Apocalypse for them. They've seen the Four Horsemen, and they're all Russian Jews. They're the Premiership's version of the David Koresh gang. They're so bitter, they drink the sugar-free Kool-Aid.

2. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    Fifth? What about Newcastle United?

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You missed out on the Real badnwagon, eh?

That's some quality trolling.

4. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Hehe quite funny.

Love from LFC.:)

5. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea fan and I'm delighted at the move. I don't want any part of Mascherano with the current midfield already cluttered and Tevez doesn't really fit in anywhere at the moment. Since neither ManUre nor Arsenal have signed either player, it pleases me. West Ham are a fun side to watch and still have a lot of work to do before they will challenge for the title. It makes the Premiership more competitive and also ensures the WHU/CFC rivalry will occur atleast twice a year like it should.

6. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    From the Red Cafe Net LOL

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=126674

To be fair, there are a few non-bitter supportive posts on there.

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'm all for the league getting better, but this deal doesn't seem to have West Ham's, or their supporter's, best interests in mind. I will admit that I will be slightly bitter if Lee Bowyer is part of anything successful.

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    It would be weird of Tottenham fans to be bitter. I think they got the better of West Ham this signing period.

Chimbonda/Mido/Malbranque trumps Tevez/Mascherano with ease.

9. CatfishKing

CatfishKing New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    steed is class but chimbonda and mido isnt good enough for argentina d team

10. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    All three are proven stars in England, and it's always a question as to how well new foreigners take to a league. In any case, the "can't start for Argentina D" is just silly.

Last year:
    Crespo in 30 games: 10 goals, 2 assists
    Mido in 27 games: 11 goals, 7 assists

And Crespo was playing in the highest scoring offense in the league.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I would have thought neither the Rags nor CSKA London fans would be bitter about this - after all, the ultimate aim is for one or both of those players to go to either one or the other of those clubs at some (presumably not that distant) point for something in the region of £25m each. Which was going to happen anyway, they've just been delayed by a bit and taken the scenic route. End result is the same, but the Hammers get some fun times and a wodge of cash out of it along the way. Neither United nor Chelsea fans are known for their community-minded mentality, but surely they can't begrudge any of this.

The Yiddos, by contrast, must be spitting chips, this plays absolute mayhem with their delusions of grandeur. This is like Vialli at Watford, multiplied by a bazillion.

12. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Thanks for giving me the laugh of the day. Three journeyman players with a history of causing problems with previous clubs better than the best DM from the last worls cup and the two time South American player of the year, I think not. They also lost Routledge for a player who may not be fit for three months.

13. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Arsenal board has 400 posts threads on every topic under the sun so I wouldn't read too much into it. We had nearly 900 posts :eek: just about transfers made on the last day of the window and over 500 comparing adu to walcott. :rolleyes:

Most gooners never expected a "big name" player to come to the club in any transfer window at least as long as Wenger is in charge. The ones that did expect Tevez...well they also think tribalfootball is 100% reliable. ;)

14. Marko

Marko New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cardiff
    :rolleyes:

As a United fan, I'm fine about it, if still a little puzzled as to how the deal came about. It's all good though - two world class players playing in the Premiership. I'd have been pissed if they had been signed by Chelsea, but as it stands, I don't think they'll end up buying both even when they do move on.

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    None of Mido, Malbranque or Chimbonda are remotely "stars". Mido is a headcase who's already been with what, 5 clubs in 3 years, in addition to having a massive public falling out with his National coach. Chimbonda had one good year after a mediocre career at France. Now that he's at Spurs he's more likely to be the next John O'Shea than an "established star", especially given his age - close to 30. Malbranque's a nice player for a Fulham side flirting with relegation every year, but he's no more than that. A nice role player for a side with real ambition.

To suggest that Spurs got the better end of the bargain is patently preposterous. You may as well complement Wigan on buying Heskey because he's a "proven star" in England.

16. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Good theory, but that doesn't actually mean that all or even the majority of those posts thought that was a good idea...