rangers 3rd kit

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by ads_uk, Jul 30, 2002.

1. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    is anyone offended by the colour? to me its just a nice top and I'm not offended by the green of celtic myself, even though i dont like the colour green, like most people something to do with the spectrum I think :)

[​IMG]

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm a Ranger supporter who is Catholic and I love the color for the third kit and plan on buying one soon!

Go Gers,

Pichi

3. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I hate it but love the fact they are the one's wearing it. :)

HAIL! HAIL!

4. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Honking strip,colour leads to connotations about certain things and its just minging anyway, puts me in mind of the salmon pink scotland strips.
    ugh.

5. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    lol. I was just wondering cos I pre ordered it ages ago and I have to go collect it myself on august the 5th and my mum and dad are away on holiday (I've got an empty ;) ) and I was just wondering what the train journey from singer to westerton and singer to hilfoot would be like if I wore the new top :)

6. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Not nearly as hazardous to youre health as Carntyne to Shettleston or Airdrie on matchday ;)

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    it looks even more honking now im sober.
    ugh!

8. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Funny. They wore it at the second New York friendly. The fact that the national anthem played was god save the queen assured everyone that they were in fact taking the piss out of the Celtic fans from the week before. Someone said there's no chance they could wear this in Scotland? What do you think?

9. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

he looks like a big fat can of IRN-BRU

10. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
    They did on Saturday since there was a first-colour clash with their opponent, Kilmarnock.

It would probably be ill-advised for Rangers to use it in an OF game, but I doubt either side would ever use anything other than the traditional kit.

If one comes near me anytime soon (not likely) I'd probably spit on it.

11. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    I was under the impression they wore their red away strip on saturday.

12. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
    I must be colour-blind.

:eek:

13. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    either that or Iam, is that thing day glo?
    It looks light orange in the promo pics and its almost red in the match pics.
    It's still minging

14. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
    It actually looks like someone spilt carrot soup all over their front. Barry Ferguson perhaps? :D

15. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Nah he still has to wear the official RFC bib :D

16. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    well I got it today and I think its lovely. walking down the street you get hundreds of huns asking you where to get it, how much? etc... and the answer is you can't get it till tomorrow unless you preordered it like me ;)

I think its nice and I was synical about the colour as well but to be fair its a red orange tangerine and it depends on the light.

back to old firm derbys its emerald green and white hoops vs royal blue of rangers as in the bygone days and it will stay like that as I am sure celtic fans wont buy the proposed top that gets rid of the hoops, I hope they don't this is history! and infact it might have been stopped anyway.

I hope celtic fans behave themselves as its a nice top and theres nothing to worry about it, I'm sure they will behave themselves ;)

17. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    are you speaking of the yellow celtic kit, or do they have another new one? someone elighten me...being a celtic fan, i'm a little embarrassed i dont know myself.

18. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    celtic aired the idea of getting rid of the hoops either last year or two years ago and the fans told them to get tae......