Random Thoughts on Video Games

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You will find raw leather throughout the map, by killing animals, or by buying it from stores. That is what I've spent most of my silver on, buying leather and ore.

2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Belgian guy

The first reviews indicate Cyberpunk 2077 is very buggy at launch. So now you have to balance the danger of getting spoilered vs. a subpar experience day 1.

Belgian guy repped this.
  3. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I envy the people who can wait for Cyberpunk to fix all it's bugs. They'll get a much better game.

I can't bring myself to do it though, I've waited so long. I'm gonna jump in and hope that I experience Bethesda like glitches that provide small laughs, and not game or quest breaking ones.

I'm a bit concerned that reviewers haven't had a chance to look at the console versions yet.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I was always going to wait anyway so I'm fine with that. :)

Bazi repped this.
  5. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I started playing "Hades". I understand why some people call it their game of the year. It's an incredibly addictive rogue-like fantasy hack and slay game with item-hunt, a rich and compelling world and nice boss fights.

My only complaint is that there's sometimes too much going on during fights so you miss the visual clues in boss fights to avoid their attacks. I started a week ago and am currently trying to beat the final boss.

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The complaint about 'too much going on' is common in ESO, particularly in the more difficult dungeons and Trials. They also have added complications involving the 'mechanics', i.e.the boss will do this or that and then something else will happen, sometimes on a timer or when the boss, (or 'adds'), do something else.

7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I remember that problem from my World of Warcraft days and I assume it's not getting any better as the graphic fidelity of video games increases even further.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never played WoW, tbh, but ESO can get pretty bloody complicated, that's for sure...

That's for only 4 players but with 12 people it can get even worse...

9. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm currently playing the Mafia 1 Remake. It's ********ing fantastic. If you like good mafia movies and enjoy solid 3rd person action in a strongly narrated game with good graphics then I can't recommend it enough.

10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally started Death Stranding. It's really a unique game I have to say. Not quite sure yet whether I actually like it or not, but so far so good. Definitely intruiging and something different.