Random thoughts about golf

Discussion in 'Golf' started by bungadiri, Jan 9, 2011.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he had put it in with the car, would it have counted?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwr4xLajfA"]YouTube - RC car on a golf course[/ame]

2. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "That f*cker's fast, man!"

As a golfer, I do not condone the actions of the perpetrators. But the video is pretty funny.

3. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my favorite part, but it was also pretty funny that they were shocked, SHOCKED when the guy teed off on the car. What did they expect?

4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That old man turned an outside agency into a loose impediment really quickly.

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    New random thought:

I grew up caddying for my grandfather, and even after 30 years, I can still remember all the holes on the Corvallis Country Club. I learned to appreciate the game and the etiquette. But after attending my first PGA tourney this summer and constantly being harassed by tour Gestapo to be quieter, I have come the realization that maybe we baby our golfers too much. As someone who sucked at golf and never came close to breaking 100, I understand how difficult it is to make the little white ball go where you want it to. I really do. But if we can expect 11 football players in some bandbox enclosed stadium to all execute despite the crowd noise, why can't we expect the world's best golfers to make a putt with an animated gallery? You'd think we were at the Kennedy Center instead of a sporting event. I'm much better at tennis, yet the same "antiquated" rules apply...

6. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in my third year of playing golf. I think I may finally have figured out how to stop my driver from hitting a slice so bad it comes 'round and plunks me in my right ear hole. But I'm not ready for Pebble Beach. Nevertheless, that's where I'm going in a few weeks, at the invitation of my oldest friend (who got me started in the game).

Matt in the Hat repped this.
  7. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, what an opportunity! Be sure to give us a full report when you get back.

8. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played Pebble Beach several years ago...shot an 82. Should have been a couple of strokes better. Missed a 4' birdie putt because I listened to the caddie. :mad: Hit an approach 20 feet past the hole and 3 putted (on 13?) If it isn't windy, the course isn't all that difficult. My favorite holes were 6, 8, 16, and 17.

9. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played Pebble Beach several years ago...shot an 82. Should have been a couple of strokes better. Missed a 4' birdie putt because I listened to the caddie. :mad: Hit an approach 20 feet past the hole and 3 putted (on 13?) If it isn't windy, the course isn't all that difficult. My favorite holes were 6, 8, 16, and 17.

10. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I will certainly be shooting an 82 at some point along the way to whatever my final score is.

I'm sure I've played more difficult courses, always with this buddy of mine. The last one had a slope of 142.

11. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Random thought about golf:

I miss golf.