Random Friendly Match Idea...

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CyphaPSU, Sep 30, 2003.

1. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up before in this forum, but I just had a random idea that DC United should schedule a friendly match with NAC Breda sometime after this season.

They could travel there and it would be interesting because Ernie Stewart was such a popular player with the NAC fans...it could be his return match. Plus it would add to United's already interesting international match history.

2. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Acutally this is an interesting idea. I'm not sure about the timing (post season), but the choice of opponent is very intriguing.

3. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    as much as i would love that (i travel to at least a couple nac matches a year) i doubt it will happen. nac is pretty much broke these days and i really doubt they would be that big a draw at rfk. if blackburn and tottenham don't draw large crowds, one doubts nac will. i can't see where this match would likely make it worthwhile to either club.

4. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't have in mind NAC Breda coming to RFK...what I had in mind was for United to travel to NAC Breda for the friendly--because I'm sure it would draw a lot of their fans out to the friendly because Stewart would be returning.