Rambo y La Seleccion?

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by letsplayfootball, Sep 5, 2011.

1. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well, I'm curious to see what people's opinions are about Julio Cesar 'Rambo' de Leon and his continuation with La Seleccion. I think it is appropriate to select players on merit of their performance, however, its vital we have a strong core of players to play their part in the process. Currently there are a few bright players coming up (Mario Martinez, Najar, Alexander Lopez) as well as midfielders hitting their peak (Nunez, Marvin Chavez) so with the World Cup qualifiers around the corner where does Rambo fit in or conversely not?

In my opinion, I think Rambo still has something to offer la Sellecion since he has experience in previous qualifiers and he has creative and set piece ability and his character can be invaluable in big games too, but it can also be his downfall like in South Africa.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He can be our Amado Guevara.. set the pace of the game and be a leader in the midfield.

3. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That would be an ideal role for him to fill but it seems Suarez may go with Boniek Garcia in that position judging by recent friendlies and Copa de Oro.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    its gonna come to a point where.. Rambo is just going to have to be called-up. Boniek imo, isn't capable right now of filling El Lobo's boots.. He's not even the captain of Olimpia.. and if Suarez does continue to put him in that leader midfield role, like you say he is, its bound to fail and Rambo's name is going to start to sound.

5. hoysipapa2010

hoysipapa2010 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would love to see him called up, he could fill that role perfectly. I think Suarez has shown he will call in a bunch of players to see what they have. Suarez talked about hoping David Suazo can regain his form, so I dont see why he wouldnt call in Rambo again. I think the problem at this point is for Rambo la seleccion is probably the last thing on his mind. Hes on the other side of the world collecting a nice paycheck, chillin, and getting some nice Chinese massages hehe. Hes only 31, hopefully he still wants to give more to the national team.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    the thing that wouldn't brother me having rambo back is that he plays in china and seriously that even worst then MLS.

If he would of still played in Serie B then fack it but his playing in china...ugh..

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    its not about the league..its about the players.

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol