RAI in the USA?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by HuntKop, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good point Falvo...In Canada we get SKY TG24...not sure what programs it offers, but i'm sure they don't broadcast any calcio.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some soccer talk shows....From what I remember when I was working in Italy, Giuseppe Galderisii was host along with many other former soccer players....

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we woud need a satelite dish the size of an airplane to get sky network

5. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Are the mid week matches being broadcasted???

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Fox Soccer has the following:

Wed. Sep. 24 Serie A Juventus Catania 2:30 p.m.

Wed. Sep. 24 Serie A Genoa AS Roma 4:30 p.m.

8. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Awesome....thanks guys. Will have to set my dvd recorder.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. g2k2001

g2k2001 New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    NJ
    cablevision also carries it for 10 bucks more a month

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Just got a flier from Verizon FIOS and they seem to offer RAI as an addon for around $10 a month. Are all the Serie a games on that station? if so, I might go with that and drop Setanta. Does RAI show CL games as well?

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They offer the CL games in Italy but I don't believe in the USA or Canada. In the USA , ESPN has exclusive rights to show the games....I think in Canada its TNN or Setanta....not sure..

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is RAI Italia, formerly RAI International, that is the same shown on DishNetwork. Same price as Dish. You get Serie A match on Sunday, sometimes the same match shown on Fox Soccer Channel, sometimes not. The program is called La Giostra dei Gol and during the telecast of the match, a PIP will pop up to show a goal from another match that is not being broadcasted. At halftime, a complete update of all matches and goals. Same is done after the game. A little more than what you get from Fox and it is in Italian. You also get the Sunday evening match, same as Fox. On Saturdays, the early morning game is from Serie B, followed by a Serie A match that is scheduled for Saturday and then the Serie A evening match. That pretty much covers league games each weekend. If there are weekday matches, usually one match will be shown.

Not sure if Coppa Italia will be shown. So far this season, no games have been broadcasted. You will get all of gli Azzurri home matches, including the U21. The away matches are hit or miss. Depends if the hosting country has sold its U.S. rights to the broadcast. No CL matches.

Then you get RAI programs, some good, some utter crap. If you want to get Italian, it is very good. My parents and their friends enjoy having Italian broadcasting. I like having it as well.

Overall, it is very good to have. Not sure how it compares to Setanta for Serie A. If that is your only interest and you get Fox Soccer, then for the most part, you get the same games.

15. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have used every cable or satellite provider in the last 10 years even a Canadian satellite and in my opinion no service is better than Verizon Fios. An added bonus is that verizon gives you ESPN 360 as part of the package and they show Serie A games Coppa Italia games and Champions League games.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about Rai 2 Rai 3, Sky Italia & Canale 5?

17. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    those are only in italy

18. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Falvo there used to be a service I think called TVoverseas. My friend used to subscribe to it and you got 8 or 9 channels from Italy including all those you mentioned except SKY. They sent you an STB for your TV but it had to be connected to the internet. At first it was great but then after about a month they started blacking out CL games for some reason so my friend stopped subsricbing. Eventually they shut these people down because of various laws.
    The day will be coming soon though where we should be able to view these channels.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The trouble with watching CL & UEFA matches in the USA on those stations/networks is because FOX , GOL and ESPN have exclusive rights to televise those matches in this country. If satelites take or steal those feeds sooner or later those networks will find out about it (which in this day and age, is no longer difficult). If that happens however, they could find themselves in hot water with law suites and what have you. Italian lawyers wouldn't want to deal with it so its probably just easier for them to black those games out than to go thru a law suite.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last night on rai international they should the show Ciak... si canta hosted by Eleonora Daniele.
    http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciak..._si_canta!

ORIETTA BERTI I believe won singing her song "FINCHE' LA BARCA VA"'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HZyfVFeF5I"]YouTube - ORIETTA BERTI - FINCHE' LA BARCA VA'[/ame]

Does anyone know the artist and the song that she beat? He had white hair and it was I think in a pony tail....

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    addio mino reintano! eri grande!

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mino_Reitano

Addio a Mino Reitano emigrante della musica

A tre settimane dal Festival di Sanremo, la musica italiana è in lutto. Mino Reitano è morto nella sua casa-ranch di Agrate Brianza, dove aveva affrontato l'ultima fase della malattia che lo aveva colpito due anni fa.

24. RedLFCFan

RedLFCFan New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    SF Bay
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Oh man... I had completely forgotten Finche la barca va' :)
    Somehow it relates to my life amazingly well.

Been listening to it all day long!

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its been over a year, I forgot all about that show.