RAI in the USA?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by HuntKop, Aug 25, 2006.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure if it was asked in other threads but I'd like to readdress this subject. Does anyone know if USA satelite and cable channels will consider adding or airing "Canale 5 " or Mediaset? You would think in this day and age they would be available.

2. chianti73

chianti73 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Suffern, NY
    I have time warner cable in upstsate New York and on channel 10 from 6pm-8pm, they air RAI. For only those hours during the week. So you only get 2 hours of Italian TV a day.

I wish that there was a dedicated channel. I have 6 Spanish stations and not 1 Italian channel. All DVD's in America come in english, spanish and french. You cant even get "The Godfather" in Italian on the American DVD version, LOL.

Although untrue, we Americans teach our kids that America was "founded" by the Italians (Columbus), so why cant we get at least 1 TV Channel in Italian or a DVD with spoken talian?

I tell ya why, its a Spanish conspiracy! Hahahahha....:D :eek: :p

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That is the way it used to be for us too but that was in the 80's & early 90's. Then they came up w/ Rai International first on satelit then on digital cab;e. I'm surprised you can't get the Rai Internation in NY state. I thought it was availabe to everyone on digital cable or satelite.

4. chianti73

chianti73 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Suffern, NY
    Thats because I have Time Warner cable. They have to be THEEE worst cable provider in the world. They are the most stingiest, worst to deal with, if a program doesnt earn them 5,000,000.00 for a 30 sec. commercial spot, they wont air it. I think thats why they are the worst at airing soccer games, because there are no commercials being aired for about 90 minutes.
    I word describes Time Warner cable - CHEAP!!!! ...and I am not talking about the bill I get from them (They actually are the most expensice in our region!).

5. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rai International is available on Dish Network and i believe Directv...not sure about regular digital cable in NY. But in Canada, it's available everywhere.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    more Elisa.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Falvo I managed to catch a glimpse of that show yesterday. What really caught my attention though is when they started talking about all those Gambino family members that got arrested on thursday in New York and Palermo.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I must have missed that part as I was surfing the TV....I just posted Elisa's pics becuase I think she is beautiful despite her long nose...she looks great to me long nose or not....

Also here is Francesca Alderisi from Sportello Italia in Brooklyn NY giving her farewell......

Sportello Italia Addio! - Intervista con Francesca Alderisi
    http://revver.com/video/433484/sportello-italia-addio-intervista-con-francesca-alderisi/

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A good show that was on today was Fabio Fazio w/Antonio Cassano.....

che tempo che fa.......

http://www.chetempochefa.rai.it/R2_HPprogramma/0,,303,00.html

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/17807/Tutto+Cassano:+«Alla+Samp+a+vita»

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Primo_Piano/2008/02_Febbraio/10/cassano.shtml

Tutto Cassano da Fazio
    "Sbaglio ma mi piaccio"
    Il fantasista della Samp parla a ruota libera a "Che tempo che fa". Ammettendo i suoi errori: "Ma il personaggio è questo e non si può cambiare". Promettendosi scherzosamente " a vita" alla Samp. E ironizzando su Capello: "Ha impressionato gli inglesi? E come, a livello estetico?"

[​IMG]

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From my freind in the other thread.....

I had hoped they wouldn't change the name as I thought the name Raitalia was kind of lame......oh well.......

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There website still says Rai International though???

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah but if you watch the channel all the branding says "Raitalia"

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know that this station is only viewed for Italians abroad but I think the programming is a little overdone on what Italians do and think abroad. I mean its cool for a while but this is all they seem to talk about at times.

I also can't understand why they continue to televise many programs from the RAI TRE which was traditionally the station for the Communists. Some of their stuff and/or dialougue gets old quickly.....

Also, anyone know if there was there a reason on why the domenica sportiva wasn't on last week? After the time change I think they took it off.....

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Domenica Sportiva isn't even on in Italy because some reality show is being shown in it's place. I think it comes back on April 13.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh ok because there was a cheap immitation last week with Beppe Dossena & former ref Carlo Longhi & I thought it was being replaced by that show for international viewers. Good to hear its coming back!

22. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I saw the new logo for RaiItalia. But the commentator still refer to it as Rai International...whens the official Raiitalia launch date?

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure but I herd on either Dish or Comcast network there is a package for 19.95 a month but last time I check it was mostly cultural channels and Italian discovery channels....Not sure tif they are all that interesting.....I remember one called the Leonardo Chnl when I lived in Italy... they were all kind of boring. I wish they would offer canale 5, but I thin kthe rai has an international monopoli on Berlusconi......

24. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dish Network offers the package and it includes Rai International Euro News Leonardo World Video Italia Rai satellite radio Radio Italia and Radio Italia Anni 100. Here is the link:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/international/Italian/packages.aspx

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How come in this day and age of dishes, digital and high tech we can't get SKY?