RAI in the USA?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by HuntKop, Aug 25, 2006.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It's actually three TV channels (RAI International, Video Italia, and Leonardo World) and three radio channels (RAI Satelradio, Radio Italia, and Radio Italia Anni 60). Video Italia is a 24-hr music channel, while Leonardo World is an 'Italian style' channel. Not my cup of tea, especially since I'd need to upgrade to a "SuperDish" antenna. But maybe some people would think it was worth the extra cash.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/...ackages/indexpackage.asp?languageType=Italian

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Berlusconi's channels are filled with American programming thats dubbed in Italian. There are some shows that are Canale 5 and Mediaset specific, but most are foreign shows that are dubbed in Italian.

3. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

Family Matters, Nash Bridges, Magnum P.I., and some other popular show were all being dubbed and showed when I went. That's how I'd start my days, wake up, catch Urkel and Don Johnson, then go to the hotel buffet breakfast thingy.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never saw those while I lived in Italy. I just remember seiing Chips & Happy Days without the audience laugh. I kind of would like to see Maurizio Costanzo Show along with his wife Maria DeFilippi. Although, I've herd some pretty crazy and evil stories about them both.

Also, I just found out the match is on Rai International & thats great news!

5. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Great news, indeed. Nice to see RAI pick up the away match rights. Let's hope for some entertainment ending with gli Azzurri in the ascendant.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Radio Italia Anni 60 would be kind of cool to listen to the oldies if one knows and follows Italian music. I saw the Leonardo Chnl when I was living in Italy, its ok if you like culture but if not, it could be kind of boring. I'd rather see the SKY Sports but you know after living in Italy and having watched Italian TV, I came to the conclusion that Italian TV was kind of lame. Most people go out and don't really watch TV as they do in the USA.
    I never understood how you have these beautiful women sit at a soccer talk show and say and know nothing about the sport and just show off their body's & low cut dresses.

Also, what used to drive me nuts was when they would talk about the Holocaust for example on a certain variety show, and then they would sing and have dance girls right after talking about the death camps with former prisoners. I mean first their stories drove us all to tears , then everyone is singing and dancing.

Solo in italia!

7. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    I'm sorry, I don't think I follow you here (!) The problem with this is...?

Ahhh, just having fun. I do miss Ilaria D'Amico, though. Damn Sky Italia forever!

8. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

Nu uh, you got a bunch of tools who don't know anything hosting sports shows here too, and we got weather girls on every channel who's only attraction are their looks while they don't jack.

9. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like Alena Seredova on Domenica Sportiva. Nice to look at, bad to listen to.

Also, there was a girl co-host on Domenica Sportiva Estate that would sit next to the host and said nothing the whole show but would just announce commercial breaks.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I miss Ilaria too. They replaced her first with the ugly Paolo Saluzzi, and this past season they also had an ugly lady.

Simona Cantoni the email lady is pretty hot though...

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you think Paola Saluzzi is ugly? I've seen a lot worse.
    [​IMG]

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Illaria too. She is on SKY SPORTS now in Italy. She knows a little buit more than most.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is the new host of La Grande giostra del gol which will be aired on Rai Internation starting September 11th, 2006. She is not bad looking although we haven't really seen the rest of her just yet. Hopefully she knows a little something about calcio.
    Francesca Caligaro
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone watch Exodus? Its a film by Monica Guerritore about the Jews and the end of WW2.
    Monica Guerritore è la protagonista di Exodus - Il sogno di Ada, la fiction che racconta della vita coraggiosa di Ada Sereni, una delle protagoniste della storia contemporanea. La pellicola andrà in onda su Rai Uno in due puntate che saranno trasmesse, domenica 28 e lunedì 29 gennaio, in occasione della Giornata della Memoria
    [​IMG]

http://spettacoli.tiscali.it/articoli/07/01/26/guerritore_tv.html

http://fc.retecivica.milano.it/Rete...Ebraismo/Israele/S073509A9-07350AF0?WasRead=1

15. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I think Comcast officially has gotten RAI International. When we used to have it years back, we'd get Dish just for RAI International and Comcast for everything else....Then we switched to Dish fully....

Then Comcast sent us a letter completely in Italian explaining how RAI International is now available with Comcast.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How funny! I worked for the company AT&T Broadband in the late 90's before Comcast bought it. I'm surprised they have someone who translated from Italian to English.

They did't have it in the 90's but then have it now. I moved to Italy and came back to California in 2005 & got the digital cable where they show the Rai International. The new box is actually really small so its pretty good and not in the way as the old one was. A lot of programs they show on the Rai International are not shown in Italy and they are mostly geared for Italians abroad. Most of the programs and all of the soccer matches are shown , so that is good. As opposed to Italy, they don't show mini spots during the matches so that's even better. I guess thru satelite you can get up to 10 Italian chnls but that isn't available on Comcast yet.

17. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I have seen some other Italian channels are available on Dish, mainly Video Italia.

Anyways, yeah, most of the programs on RAI International are not shown in Italy. There are some exceptions, though, such as Affari Tuoi, Porta a Porta, and Ballaro', among others. But most of these shows are to give Italians abroad a taste of modern Italy, and the Italian culture and language. Shows like Sportello Italia gives perspectives of Italians abroad, and some tips on returning to Italy.

Overall, it's really not a bad channel.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually, Rai Intterantional has better than some shows than in Italy. I must say I liked canale 5 and Mediaset but Italian TV in Italy anyway, as a general rule, was kind of dumb. I guess one can say the same thing abouut American TV also, however.

19. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Canale 5 and Mediaset show a lot of American shows dubbed into Italian. That's probably the reason Mr. Berlusconi hasn't made "Canale 5 International" because his channels lack original programming.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I guess so. I just never could get use to watching Happy Days without the laughing from the audience. Or hearing Sly Stallone without a Philly accent. It kind of lost something in the translation. And watching Austin Powers the Wizard of Oz or Grease in Italian made no sense at all! You just can't translate some of the idiomatic expressions.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is a pic of Francesca Alderisi from Sportello Italia. I like the way she conducts the show. Her bio says she was born in the north but she almost has a touch of a Roman accent. I guess living in Rome will do that.
    [​IMG]

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know about the rest of you but one of the main reasons I got the RAI international was to watch the SERIE A. The goings on in Catania have made me ashamed of Italian soccer. Its a tragedy!
    [​IMG]

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I herd today that the directors of Rai International will be changing the name from Rai International to Rai Italia depending on what the subscribers want. Also, it seems that the programming instruments on Rai International have changed. It seems like the last week a lot of programs from RAI 3 are being transmitted and now they may be even going digital. The directors are saying that they will be having specials talking about famous singers, Mina, Celentano & Battisti.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    SIMONE CRISTICCHI(2/5/1977)
    Is the winner of the 57th San Remo music festival with the song ,
    Ti regalerò una rosa "
    [​IMG]
    Ti regalerò una rosa
    Una rosa rossa per dipingere ogni cosa
    Una rosa per ogni tua lacrima da consolare
    E una rosa per poterti amare
    Ti regalerò una rosa
    Una rosa bianca come fossi la mia sposa
    Una rosa bianca che ti serva per dimenticare
    Ogni piccolo dolore
    Mi chiamo Antonio e sono matto
    Sono nato nel '54
    E vivo qui da quando ero bambino
    Credevo di parlare col demonio
    Così mi hanno chiuso quarant'anni dentro a un manicomio
    Ti scrivo questa lettera perchè non so parlare
    Perdona la calligrafia da prima elementare
    E mi stupisco se provo ancora un'emozione
    Ma la colpa è della mano che non smette di tremare
    Io sono come un pianoforte con un tasto rotto
    L'accordo dissonante di un'orchestra di ubriachi
    E giorno e notte si assomigliano
    Nella poca luce che trafigge i vetri opachi
    Me la faccio ancora sotto perchè ho paura
    Per la società dei sani siamo sempre stati spazzatura
    Puzza di piscio e segatura
    Questa è malattia mentale e non esiste cura
    Ti regalerò una rosa
    Ti regalerò una rosa
    Ogni piccolo dolore
    I matti sono punti di domanda senza frase
    Migliaia di astronavi che non tornano alla base
    Sono dei pupazzi stesi ad asciugare al sole
    I matti sono apostoli di un dio che non li vuole
    Mi fabbrico la neve col polistirolo
    La mia patologia è che son rimasto solo
    Ora prendete un telescopio... misurate le distanze
    E guardate tra me e voi... chi è più pericoloso?
    Dentro ai padiglioni ci amavamo di nascosto
    Ritagliando un angolo che fosse solo il nostro
    Ricordo i pochi istanti in cui ci sentivamo vivi
    Non come le cartelle cliniche stipate negli archivi
    Dei miei ricordi sarai l'ultimo a sfumare
    Eri come un angelo legato ad un termosifone
    Nonostante tutto io ti aspetto ancora
    E se chiudo gli occhi sento la tua mano che mi sfiora
    Ti regalerò una rosa
    Ti regalerò una rosa
    Ogni piccolo dolore
    Mi chiamo Antonio e sto sul tetto
    Cara Margherita son vent'anni che ti aspetto
    I matti siamo noi quando nessuno ci capisce
    Quando pure il tuo migliore amico ti tradisce
    Ti lascio questa lettera, adesso devo andare
    Perdona la calligrafia da prima elementare
    E ti stupisci che io provi ancora un'emozione?
    Sorprenditi di nuovo perchè Antonio sa volare.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gigi Marzullo Sottovoce
    [​IMG]
    «...come di consueto sempre di notte, sempre sottovoce, un modo per capire, per capirsi e forse anche per capirci, quando un giorno vista l'ora è appena finito e un nuovo giorno è appena iniziato. Un giorno per amare, per sognare, per vivere. Buonanotte.»