Racist Spanish scum

Discussion in 'England' started by womble, Nov 17, 2004.

1. womble

womble New Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Brighton
    ********ing horrible small minded wankers. Surely FIFA can take some action? Wright-Philips is only a kid, I hope it doesn't knock his confidence.

2. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    UEFA/FIFA will probably do nothing, like I said in the other thread - if it isn't England, they aren't interested.

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was a minority of fans, but a worryingly significant one and I was disturbed at how long they were able to do it unchecked.

The real person to blame is that Aragones muppet, he was the one that sparked all this off with his comment about Henry. Then he follows it up by not only refusing to apologise but stoking the argument even further by being insultingly defiant. It's not good enough, old men like him should move with the 21st century or get left behind.

4. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    50 (stupids) of 80.000 persons is racist in Spain???? please, your press sucks... Dont believe all...

5. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If that was only 50 people then the rest of the fans were very quiet!!

My main problem is that if it was England, the punishments would be much harsher.

6. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Ya Blatter is an abcess of the highest pungency, he will do nothing. Cant really tar all the Spanish though with the same brush.

7. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    What were they saying?

8. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    yeah, and when England Supporters are looking for fight (Portugal 2004), they was 50 of 20.000, But... what was do the rest????

Excuse me my english. If you think that the pleople in Spain are racist, i must think that you all are hooligans...

9. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    The Spanish fans chanting racist things are surely not representative of Spaniards as a whole- or even of the majority of the fans at the match. But when a crowd does such things, their FA must be punished and held accountable if they can't stop this sort of thing.

Aragones may or may not be a racist, but he is certainly an idiot for the way he's dealt with the whole situation. He deserves a reprimand and significant fine at the very least, and if he doesn't learn anything from this he should find himself unemployed shortly.

Now we'll find out if FIFA is serious about getting racism out of football. I'm not holding my breath.

10. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never said that all Spaniards were racist!

The difference is that when 20/30/40/50 England 'fans', who were 400 miles away from the game started some trouble and (in some cases) were savagely beaten and taunted left England being threatened with getting expelled!

11. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    im agree with you. Aragones made a big mistake. But remember that: the press in England are writting wrong thinks...

12. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    I'd really like to know what all the hoopla is about. If it's better to not post it on the main board, could someone PM me and tell me what the fans in question were saying?

13. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    monkey Ou Ou OOOuuus noise

14. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham

Monkey chants every time a black player touched the ball. I had to turn the sound down when Wright-Phillips came on and started getting the abuse straight away.

15. Bilbao Lion

Bilbao Lion New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Bilbao
    I posted this on the other topic but I will post it here again:

The racist chanting (well, the monkey noises, I don't know if other chants were racist) was something expected after all thas has been going on the last days. And don't forget this is El Santiago Bernabeu, home to the most racist fans in Spain (the Ultra Sur). Racist chanting is not common in La Liga like someone said, in fact I have never heard a racist chant in my team's stadium (San Mamés), and I don't think it's common in other stadiums (maybe with the exception of the Ultra Sur).

On the other hand (and I don't want to sound like I'm defending anything that is remotely racist), you have to understand that a soccer stadium is like a moderator-free bigger version of the world rivalries forum, people who make the monkey noises don't have to be necessarily racists, they probabily just want to affect negatively rival players' performances, much like when people were chanting "gordo, gordo" (fat, fat) to Ronaldo, there were certainly people singing in the crowd who were way fatter than him. I'm not saying that racist chanting is good, but tell me when you find a chant to an opposing team (or player) that's not offensive.

16. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    even if it was a minority of fans, that kind of behavior can be stamped out, and the UEFA or FIFA must do something about it.

But as previously mentioned Blatter is a stupid dumbass who doesn't display consistency on any issue except his own stupid proposals.

17. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was wrong, it was bad, it was disgusting and if I were playing out there tonight I would've given serious consideration to just walking off the field.

But.....and there is a but, I also feel that it is racist to entitle a thread "racist spanish scum", clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black, pun intended.

18. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Oh, quit your ********ing whining!

You slack jawed morons.

Is this the first international match you've ever watched? Or just the first one with the volume on...?

I don't condone what was chanted, by the way, and I find it amazing that it happened in Spain, of all places...

But for crying out loud, it happens just about every single place outside of a very few select countries... Just because you live in one of those countries doesn't mean you can walk around thinking you love them all day, and then hate them at night...

The individuals should be punished... On an individual basis, if possible. If you have evidence of more heinous crimes, then complain to frickin' FIFA... Until then, for ********'s sake, quit picking and choosing what to be offended by... You snivelling pusillanimous pussbags...

19. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    then don't

Whoops, too late...

Oh my, you're an idiot...

If you can't find the difference between singing "who ate all the pies" to a heavier player and making monkey noises at a black man, then you shouldn't be conversing in this thread. Because you do NOT know what you're talking about. Perhaps your English isn't as good, and if that's the case fair enough, but right now you have no credibility.

20. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    This needs a Moderators change of title. Mistake to generalize a public that had no part in it.

Also, I remember a home match at Chelsea vs Spurs...believe it was a cup match, and I recall sets of Chelsea fans making monkey noises at a Tottenham black player,...can't recall who. Strange too...because Weah scored the winner for the Blues.

The Ultra Sur in Madrid are facist scum that are as bright as any other type of yob that lives anywhere around the world. There's been no problem I've read or heard of when the Spanish national team plays in Valencia, Seville or smaller Spanish cities. The best form of penalty is to have this group banned from games in the Bernebeau. Real Madrid games as well. Too bad Florentino Perez is beholden to these groups, as they are the only ones that prevent the Santiago Bernebeau from sounding like a graveyard.

I agree Blatter has no balls to confront this problem head on...he's more concerned about Cameroon's kits and the World Club Cup/Confederation's Cup/any other cup to generate $$$ for Fifa and his swiss bank account.

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol funny how they start racist chants but the Spaniards aint mind the "monkeys" (as they like to refer to em) when they where f*kin African women in the Carribbean a few centuries ago.

22. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Oh my...what's the over/under on this post staying around??

23. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    About as long as the title staying the same...try "Racist chants at Spain-England friendly".

24. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    I posted this in another section, but i think its relevant to this thread

As an American, I must say that racism is ubiquitous.

For instance, recently in the states, Hispanic and Latino people are very much discriminated against, as immigration is a big worry. They are cheap labor entering American borders, thus right-wing tv shows spout "diego" this and "wet-back" that.

Furthermore, with the events of Spain pulling out of Iraq, American sentiments of Spain, and Latin countries has worsened. On radio stations, viewer call in saying "wussy diego" and "lazy diego" as epithets pointing to Spain's pullout of its military forces after Aznar was voted out. These views are constantly broadcasted.

It's a shame, but it permeates everywhere.

25. Bilbao Lion

Bilbao Lion New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Bilbao
    If I gave the impression that I was defending racist chanting I apologize.

My point was that bashing other teams' players is part of the game. There are stupid people everywhere and some of them use racism to attack players. It's disgusting, I know, but in some places, under certain circumstances, it's bound to happen, like it was today.

Anyway, today the problem weren't spanish fans, the problem were the "ultras". Ultra Sur is a fascist criminal organization that uses football as an excuse for violence. They are openly supported by Real Madrid, but I don't think neither the FIFA nor the UEFA have what it takes to confront Real Madrid.